Path of Exile: Heist Balance Manifesto

F in chat for spellslinger
"
Goods040188 wrote:
"
blixxa wrote:

HC is basically unplayable; more than half the skills won't ever see endgame play, & if we figure out how to get our characters to survive the league, you reward us by nerfing us ensuring we can't use our builds in standard.

This guy nailed it... thanks GGG. I'll play this league, die to something i cannot identify, go to softcore and quit because I hate throwing bodies at things in games. Just remove hardcore at this point if your going to NERF the hell out of the defensive mechanics that make it playable.

Girl, but thank you. <3
You totally get where I'm coming from.
I've been playing this game since I was a kid, & at least to my memory, there wasn't just a hand full of builds that worked each season. Now, the things everyone plays are the things that've been nerfed the least. :/
- No life players don't mind nerfs because they have the time to figure out how to make it work anyway.

- Casual players complain because they want to reach 15 m sDPS with a 10 ex (or less) budget build (which is my case) because it'll take them 2 months to kill Sirus on A8 even with such an "OP" build.

- GGG wants to make money so...nerf the popular builds that everyone plays in order to make players buy new MTX on stuff that is now stronger.

At the end it's all about what you want and what you can do. For me it's quite simple, PoE is just a game and I can find other ways to entertain myself. In 3.10 my build reached 16m sDPS and I had a lot of fun. In 3.11 the same build with the same gear was at 8m sDPS (min maxed basically) and it felt shit, especially at the beginning. I also didn't like the Harvest mechanic (too time consuming) so I pretty much skipped the league and played other games.

That's how I look at things now. I don't have time to learn a new build every league, so if GGG nerfs my build too much I don't play the game anymore. Easy peasy, don't need to complain, it's just a game. :)
"
rami1337 wrote:
Remove delirium orb fractured map farming, casy nancy schmenzy is in need of professional help!

It will end with Harvest and stay Standard thing.
"
blixxa wrote:
"
Goods040188 wrote:
"
blixxa wrote:

HC is basically unplayable; more than half the skills won't ever see endgame play, & if we figure out how to get our characters to survive the league, you reward us by nerfing us ensuring we can't use our builds in standard.

This guy nailed it... thanks GGG. I'll play this league, die to something i cannot identify, go to softcore and quit because I hate throwing bodies at things in games. Just remove hardcore at this point if your going to NERF the hell out of the defensive mechanics that make it playable.

Girl, but thank you. <3
You totally get where I'm coming from.
I've been playing this game since I was a kid, & at least to my memory, there wasn't just a hand full of builds that worked each season. Now, the things everyone plays are the things that've been nerfed the least. :/

Sorry, figure of speech. (Although, I’ll keep that misstep in my memory bank for future posts)

I feel you though. As a hardcore player I’m pigeonholed into 5 builds and I’ve played them all... I guess instead of trying something new I’ll go max block glad or impale champion or another boring minion build to stay alive.

It’s totally possible I just suck at the game and shouldn’t be playing hardcore but it’s a bummer that they are taking away defensive mechanics that allow for hardcore build variety. Now I feel like we can’t go for Elementalist for instance (I guess golems are still ok?) because I can’t layer any meaningful defenses by going to the left side of tree and energy shield builds are gonna go through the roof again with no harvest crafting. Major bummer for me.
"
Ravagraid wrote:
Not my Tempo

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
So much development time and effort was simply wasted on tags when you literally had to do the opposite - add tags when mod is clearly related to tag (such as Cold for Hatred) or when similar mod on one inventory slot has tag while not having that tag on another (minimum frenzy charge on shield has Speed Tag vs Maximum frenzy charge on gloves doesn't). Oof.
"
Same ol' same ol'

So once again, the real abusers of mechanics, the super wealthy that can spend 100Ex on a build will still get those top tier items and trivialise the game while the 99% just get smacked down hard once again.

The lack of critical analysis by GGG is breath taking.

WHY do you think players gravitate toward certain mechanics? I don't know, is it because dying in an instant and having no idea how it happened is not fun for a lot of people?

Obviously the data demonstrates that frustrated players will play longer and ultimately put more coins in the slot machine, but the trade off is vocal players like myself which will advise others that PoE has become a miserable gaming experience much of the time.

This. Will almost certainly be skipping league and have been looking for a new gaming home. Really wish POE had even one competitor. (diablo 2 style FTP ARPG)

I stopped recommending this game years ago. I really wish I could solo play old versions.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen
Ball Lightning
Ball Lightning combined with Slower Projectiles outclassed the damage of other spells, so has had its damage and area lowered slightly.

How much is slightly ?
"
intersept wrote:
Ball Lightning
Ball Lightning combined with Slower Projectiles outclassed the damage of other spells, so has had its damage and area lowered slightly.

How much is slightly ?

I would estimate 10-15% each.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info