New and Reworked Classic Spells & Steel Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

POGGERS
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK FELLAS !
THE DEEP SMELL OF YOU.. DANGEROUSLY MATCHES THE PERFUME INSIDE OF ME..
IT MUST BE MY HEART YOU ARE AFTER..
IT MUST BE MY LUNGS YOU ARE BREATHING FROM..
WE ARE NOT THE WINNERS OR THE LOSERS..
OH BABY WE ARE THE FIGHT ! ! !
there is no discharge in video.
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:

...while, in making Warlord's Mark single-target-only, removing basically the only reasonable mana sustain option for 100% elemental conversion [melee] builds.

- 8 attack damage leeched as mana nodes on the tree
- attack damage leeched as mana on cluster jewels
- -mana mods on gear
Nice! Finally arrived that Meteor!!!!! from Diablo2 O_O
I am so exciting!!
This is the best game of My Whole Life.
"
It looks like we are up to 7 new spell skills and 0 new bow skills.

Ranger has access to too much movement speed and dodge for bow skills to get any love
everything here (except lancing steel sadly) looks SO good
i genuinly cant decide what my starter will be, i was gonna do the fire mortar one, but seeing firestorm, the electric lance and splitting steel, i have no idea
"
Aderahl wrote:
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:

...while, in making Warlord's Mark single-target-only, removing basically the only reasonable mana sustain option for 100% elemental conversion [melee] builds.

- 8 attack damage leeched as mana nodes on the tree
- attack damage leeched as mana on cluster jewels
- -mana mods on gear

not to mention a single eternal mana flask covers 99% of attack based mana needs
people who rellied on warlords mark for mana sustain had no idea how to make builds and just used it as a crutch
Man I hope you guys really look at reworking the casting animation when you self-cast with a super high cast rate. It still looks like you're spazzing out and overall just looks stupid and unnatural. That's why Channeling skills actually look good because the "cast" looks a lot more calm and natural. My suggestion would be to figure out how to alternate hands (and therefore the body/hips would pivot side to side) in your character animation to shoot projectiles out for things like blazing salvo and basically any other self-cast non-chan skill. Otherwise it looks like you're doing these super fast crazy upright crunches with your char and it's visually jarring. You can probably pull this off even with a char holding a shield if you move the hand up and over the right way with spells shooting from your that hand; a shield resting above on your forearm. Or keep what you have but set it up so that you have X number of casts/animation at various cast rate thresholds. Actually that might be the better approach because even if you sway side to side casting the rate in this game can still get so absurd that will look silly as well. So X casts/char animation at various rate intervals would probably be better.

Edit: oh and Firestorm looks amazing. I have yet to truly experience how you did the sound but the visuals themselves are really well done - nice job!
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 11, 2020, 8:12:02 AM
All very nice, great job GGG!
niiice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info