New and Reworked Classic Spells & Steel Skills in Path of Exile: Heist

"
thedocB wrote:
firestorm and icestorm rework

Rip
Jousis server melting builds

But also RiP Elder with tripple base damage discharge one-quack-man would probably annihilate him without invulnerability phases ;)
damn there is some cool stuff in this one :D
strongly considering doing something with crackling lance or firestorm for league starter :D
"
kurofafi wrote:
Will drop rate of fire storm scale with cast speed ?

To me projectile speed would make more sense but i dunno eighter :D
Fire storm & glacial cascade look cool af. Hype!
Where is the video showcasing the new Ice Storm?
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
I wonder if Discharge on SSF will be possible? I'd like to try a Raider discharge build. Great new skills GGG are at their best when it comes to giving us new skills each league to playtest!
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Last edited by AbilityPoints on Sep 11, 2020, 4:30:35 AM
Seriously, whoever works on these skills just have no talent for this. Slap cooldowns on everything while you are at it, and explosions on kill on the least used skills too. Visual guys did well, guys who worked on reworks, play some god damn games for inspiration. Might as well start with your own.
Last edited by DenSan1587 on Sep 11, 2020, 4:44:46 AM
Very nice reworks, the visuals look amazing.

Frostbite also looks very neat
Bad Seed
Lance - insta-win. it has everything going for it. it is a great COC skill and even better totem skill. wonder if it is worth to self-cast it (example: Divine Ire totems are weaker on paper but MUCH stronger in practice when used on totems. this skill seems to be the same)

Burst - for a spell? meh coverage, great for totems (you cast them at the boss) and brands (might hit with ALL projectiles)

Steel skills.. convoluted, messy, visuals not clear.. two+ button gameplay with no rewards for doing so (7link shattering steel cleared like pack of wet noodles)

Glacial Cascade - maybe add built in life leech on top of all that? it is already absurd so noone cares

in short: sorry but you trying to make these skills good for self-cast are.. failing. a skill can do half the damage on totems and it is still MUCH better than self-cast due to time-on-target, safety, mana sustain etc

there is a reason people dont play self-cast: you made trigger/proxy builds TRIVIAL to build to the point the damage is not the problem anymore (thank you power creep bonanza).

Btw - Cleave and Charged Lance are in the same game. explain me that.
Last edited by sidtherat on Sep 11, 2020, 4:50:41 AM
Just when I thought I had my league starter set for this league, you had to tempt me with a chaining Splitting Steel build. Now I see myself playing a Deadeye with the Ricochet and Endless Munitions notables. All skills look great, especially the new firestorm. I'm excited!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info