Path of Exile: Heist Teasers

"
Bynn wrote:
PLEASE, stop it with the stupid cards

It's our money we can design w/e we want lol probably make a 10 mirror card when this virus thing is over lul
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 6, 2020, 11:45:50 PM
"
I like that mirror shard divination card.
Probaly a .3% drop rate from a boss kill in a T16 Vaal Temple map. lol
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Sep 7, 2020, 12:38:52 AM
Snap, being able to summon smelly archers is huge for a zombie/skellie build. No more need to worry about them body blocking each other. Will be interesting to see how it competes with VSS.
"
Aldonés wrote:
Snap, being able to summon smelly archers is huge for a zombie/skellie build. No more need to worry about them body blocking each other. Will be interesting to see how it competes with VSS.

I dont think GGG have confirmed yet one way or the other if alternate quality gems have vaal versions. Even if they don't now, they probably will at some point in the future.

Assuming the stats are competitive, this is a pretty big deal if your using other minions like zombies, golems or sentinels as well.

"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
"
ekaye wrote:
so that SSF players can target farm an item instead of hoping for an extremely lucky drop

these cards will still be extremely rare though?

Yes.

Saying you'll farm this card is basically like saying you're going to target farm mirrors.

The drop rate of this card will be proportionate to it's value compared to a complete mirror drop.
Last edited by Asmosis on Sep 7, 2020, 3:33:08 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
Aldonés wrote:

I dont think GGG have confirmed yet one way or the other if alternate quality gems have vaal versions. Even if they don't now, they probably will at some point in the future.

Assuming the stats are competitive, this is a pretty big deal if your using other minions like zombies, golems or sentinels as well.

This actually suggests Vaal will not get the same alternatives. While technically that quality would work for the Vaal version, Vaal summons warriors, archers, mages, and a general.
"
dachoppa wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
modern div card design

find endgame item people use, remove all rng and set it to its finished state without any risk

ok done! next card

they are created by supporters who paid money for them. ggg has limited creative control over them considering that similar cards were approved.

GGG has total control of them its their game I just think its sad that a majority of new cards are basically rich players ensuring they have a way to use their wealth in game as well to buy their way out of doing something the regular way.

Like these sorts of cards are completed by a handful of people each league no more, you could remove everything above the doctor in rarity terms from the game and an overwhelming majority would notice lmao

I think that is dumb game design, it does however make GGG money and it doesn't hurt me at all *shrugs* I don't care from a player perspective just think its lazy and a little disingenuous.

"
ekaye wrote:
I think that's the specific idea behind a lot of these cards, so that SSF players can target farm an item instead of hoping for an extremely lucky drop. It's a way to sway RNG, not totally avoid it.

See I agree with this as a design principle, but the reality is so far away from this it really isn't relevant. If anything I think that should be the guideline for is a card is acceptable or not.

If it can be completed by a dedicated SSF player its a good addition, if it can only be completed by skimming a million SC players with your trade macro scamming/flipping currency it isn't a good addition, though it does give the 5 players that find one the feeling of winning the PoE lottery which i'm sure they love the idea of.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Sep 7, 2020, 5:15:31 AM
"100(0-100)% chance to Summon a Skeleton Archer instead of a Skeleton Warrior"

? is that "0-100(random chance) to Summon a(ONE?) Skeleton Archer instead of a(ONE?) Skeleton Warrior"

or
is it 0-100(random chance) for every Skeleton Warrior to be a Skeleton Archer instead

is that random chance 100% @ 20+ quality?

this is clear as mud.
MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
"
maxtraxv3 wrote:
"100(0-100)% chance to Summon a Skeleton Archer instead of a Skeleton Warrior"

? is that "0-100(random chance) to Summon a(ONE?) Skeleton Archer instead of a(ONE?) Skeleton Warrior"

or
is it 0-100(random chance) for every Skeleton Warrior to be a Skeleton Archer instead

is that random chance 100% @ 20+ quality?

this is clear as mud.

Each skeleton would have their own role, though i agree that the range is confusing
@ Summon Skeleton: The 'Skeleton Archer' default attack should be a projectile. So you could switch GMP / Fork / Chain for clear with Vicious Proj for bossing to negate the slow map clear w/o clear minions.
Combined with buff spectre, AG and golem you would open up a 4l for utility.

EDIT: With full frost conversion this would be the (baby? but also way cheaper!) version of 'RS Spetre'?

EDIT2: You could still use VSS in one of your other minion 4l setups.
Last edited by Vanderham on Sep 7, 2020, 7:42:38 AM
Just to make sure we don't accidentally break the game with this:

The alternate versions of these gems use the same internal ability when it comes to triggering internal cooldowns right? No double triggering from CwdT, CwC and CoC, by equiping both the base and alternate version?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info