The Multi-box Thread: How it ruins the game.

i have to admit, i had fun reading it.

good job. it is kind of rare for me to read that kind of long post.

i rarely trade, i kinda like to farm things on my own.
my view is 10year long, act 10.
so i usually quit playing a toon around 70s and move onto new one.

i don't really care about multiboxers to be honest, but i do like to see player x kind of option.

PS: where is charan
Last edited by Dudebag on Mar 26, 2013, 11:48:31 PM
Let me gear 6 of my skeletons in full rare/quantity items and call it even! i have names for them D:

EDIT: WTF TylerRand? 2-3GCP every 2-3 hours? id farm that all day long! im lucky to see a GCP once every few DAYS!
Last edited by DatChen on Mar 26, 2013, 11:58:45 PM
"
TylerRand wrote:

Lol dude I have farmed for alts via rares it's barely worth it since you have to id them and even without IIQ (just 350 IIR) I would get more rares than I could carry and I didn't even care to tp back to get the rest.

Long story short I would get about 3 GCP in 2 to 3 hours minus the wisdom scrolls you need which would probably amount to 1 GCP. You are not getting rich from that.

30 rares on screen mean nothing. Most low lvl Uniques are worthless and the valueble ones are high level or have a non existing drop chance.

What the fuck? This is one of the most First World Problems things I have ever read on these forums.

I don't even know where to begin. So I guess in sequential order. Just 350 IIR? Seeing as that requires at least 1 Andies, and possibly two if you aren't running Wondertrap... I have 288% in comparison, with Wondertrap but no Andies...

Did you just say you get more rares than you can carry, and are too lazy to make a TP to go back and collect more free profit???

Did you just discredit the profit rate of 3 GCP's in 2-3 hours???

30 rares on screen means nothing??????

I...

I'm taking a break. Someone suggest a TV series for me to start watching - once I'm done with Supernatural, that is.
"
ShadyC wrote:

I'm taking a break. Someone suggest a TV series for me to start watching - once I'm done with Supernatural, that is.

Skins UK
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
"
ShadyC wrote:
"
TylerRand wrote:

Lol dude I have farmed for alts via rares it's barely worth it since you have to id them and even without IIQ (just 350 IIR) I would get more rares than I could carry and I didn't even care to tp back to get the rest.

Long story short I would get about 3 GCP in 2 to 3 hours minus the wisdom scrolls you need which would probably amount to 1 GCP. You are not getting rich from that.

30 rares on screen mean nothing. Most low lvl Uniques are worthless and the valueble ones are high level or have a non existing drop chance.

What the fuck? This is one of the most First World Problems things I have ever read on these forums.

I don't even know where to begin. So I guess in sequential order. Just 350 IIR? Seeing as that requires at least 1 Andies, and possibly two if you aren't running Wondertrap... I have 288% in comparison, with Wondertrap but no Andies...

Did you just say you get more rares than you can carry, and are too lazy to make a TP to go back and collect more free profit???

I...

Exactly my point.
Good thoughts, good thread OP. The third large thread of its kind today and still all quiet from GGG. When they take the time to respond to a P2W stash tab thread but not to multi-boxing...the silence speaks volumes. I guess boxing IS a game mechanic that's meant to be used.

edit: I want an "Orb of Sex"
Last edited by Immabarb on Mar 27, 2013, 12:09:14 AM
"
ShadyC wrote:
"
TylerRand wrote:

I...

lol, at least it's clear now why you believe multiboxing is an issue

1 gcp an hour is pathetic compared to what you can get without multiboxing

fairly certain you can beat that just running ledge repeatedly

.. alone...
Blows me away how much time people have.
+1 OP, thanks for the effort and the thread.
I do appreciate the effort that the OP has put in his post. However, this looks like a lot of conjecture and anecdotal evidence. Hard facts do not support the hypothesis that multiboxing does lead to inflation. Let me be specific:

If multiboxing (+ the chaos orb recipe) would cause significant inflation, then the exchange rate of chaos orbs to exalted orbs should change significantly over time. This is not the case. The exchange rate has remained stable at 15:1 since the start of OB.

Further, it is often claimed that true multiboxing (actually playing 6 toons at once) is responsible for the inflation of prices in general. This is not the case. Multiboxing does not alter the relation between currency and desirable items in any way. Multiboxing simply increases item quantity by 250%. Thus multiboxers will find items AND currency at a higher rate. This does not cause any more inflation than adding additional players to the game.

So then, why do we see inflation? The reason is that, as the general availability of currency increases, the prices for an high end item will approach the currency needed to craft it. This is to be expected.

Now what multiboxing does is allowing a single player to get an item quantity bonus. This may be considere extremely unfair in a competitive environment. But it does not increase the inflation rate. And that is easily fixed by adding /player 6 to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info