The Multi-box Thread: How it ruins the game.

"
TylerRand wrote:
How exactly do multiboxers generate great amount of currency. I'm curious.

For a week I ran my EK Shadow (RID) with two Andvarius, Wondertrap lowlife and other stuff to average about 350 IIR and 50 IIQ.

I would do Vaal Runs alone and in group and the result would average between a screen full of rares and 5 rares with one or two uniques mixed in every 3 - 4 Hours.

So what? A full set of lowlevel rares vendors for 2 Chance now. If you ID them you get about 3 alts for a inventory full minus 10 wisdom scrolls which adds up to ... nothing plus a little if I am not mistaken.

Now if you would get a chaos orb for a full set that would be something else. You need to do content 60 + though to achieve that.

So basically a multiboxer would have to run merciless Vaal. For that he would need 6 chars above 60 and one that is actually good enough to slaughter a full party Vaal.

In hardcore?

Seems to be a lot of work. In addition to that I yet have to see a character that is fail safe at merci Vaal.

So what exactly are they doing to get all those chaos orbs?

First it is not level 60, it is level 35. With increase IIQ multiboxers have more chance to get uniques compared to a solo.

And multibox got super nerfed I don't understand why people just talking about. You have to be 1 screen away from the monster before you interact with it in order for the iiq bonus to count.
Last edited by relaxyo on Mar 26, 2013, 11:19:05 PM
"

Or you can just TP all your dummies in when the boss is near death?

"
Chris wrote:

Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.
Last edited by iono on Mar 26, 2013, 11:16:58 PM
It's funny how we never got any response from the developers, money is the only voice and if you aren't a diamond supporter they don't give a shit what you suggest. Since those 'supporters' multibox, nothing is going to change.

Awful company and their f2p business model is a sham, this is a game catered to the elitist, hardcore paying crowd. Those racers for example cheat all the time, remove multiboxing and map hacking and you will see a sharp decrease in finish times.

I will never pay a cent to this company until they examine themselves and fix their shit.
Last edited by DeathToExploiters on Mar 26, 2013, 11:17:29 PM
to OP,

well written post, you forgot only one little problem:

real money for orbs.

That's the reason Exalts have skyrocketed to indecent prices.

And they will keep going up.

Multiboxers understood that they could do quite a bit of money
by selling exalts to $, and that's the reason you'd see som1 paying 20 chaos for 1 exalt,

and in 2 weeks we will see 25 chaos per exalt.

If there wasn't so many customers at those paysites, you wouldn't see people
overpaying exalteds.
Exalteds are a bad orb if you don't need them for crafting.

Also i do agree, /player X would solve the problem of the gap from boxers and normal players.

or the removal of parties from the game would do the same thing.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 26, 2013, 11:19:27 PM
"
iono wrote:
"

Or you can just TP all your dummies in when the boss is near death?

"
Chris wrote:

Item drops from monsters are now calculated based on the number of players nearby (13 metres - around six tiles, which is approximately a screen) rather than the number in the instance. The quantity of drops is based on the minimum of the number of players who were around at the start and end of the fight. This means that if you spawn a boss alone before bringing in friends to help (or if the friends leave during the fight) then it will only drop enough items for one person.

And? You bring in your dummies, tp them in and out. There is a proffesioal russian exploiter who does this with mervail. He has a tp at the start of the cave so he runs mervail every 5 minutes
I assure you, if GGG implemented an orb called "The Orb of Sex", which does absolutely nothing except serve as a sensual icon, it would be the same worth as the mirror of Kalandra, even if it was dropped 2x or 3x, or 4x or even 10x more than the mirror.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
Last edited by Deceptionist on Mar 26, 2013, 11:21:10 PM
Multiboxers run the game and poor stay dirt poor. sounds about right.
"
relaxyo wrote:
"
TylerRand wrote:

For a week I ran my EK Shadow (RID) with two Andvarius, Wondertrap lowlife and other stuff to average about 350 IIR and 50 IIQ.

I would do Vaal Runs alone and in group and the result would average between a screen full of rares and 5 rares with one or two uniques mixed in every 3 - 4 Hours.

So what? A full set of lowlevel rares vendors for 2 Chance now. If you ID them you get about 3 alts for a inventory full minus 10 wisdom scrolls which adds up to ... nothing plus a little if I am not mistaken.

Now if you would get a chaos orb for a full set that would be something else. You need to do content 60 + though to achieve that.

So basically a multiboxer would have to run merciless Vaal. For that he would need 6 chars above 60 and one that is actually good enough to slaughter a full party Vaal.

In hardcore?

Seems to be a lot of work. In addition to that I yet have to see a character that is fail safe at merci Vaal.

First it is not level 60, it is level 35. With increase IIQ multiboxers have more chance to get uniques compared to a solo.

And multibox got super nerfed I don't understand why people just talking about. You have to be 1 screen away from the monster before you interact with it in order for the iiq bonus to count.

Why do people think anyone is farming Merc Vaal with a bunch of low-level placement-holder multi's? No. You don't have to run for the Chaos recipe anymore.

With all of that IIQ, do you have ANY idea how many rares a simple BRUTUS run drops? Upwards of 30, give or take. I shit you not, 30 rares. Do you have any idea how many Alt Orbs that is per run? Per 5 minute run?? Not to mention Alchemy Orbs from the shards. Not to mention possible uniques. Not to mention flat-out orb drops from killing a boss with that kind of IIQ.

Being 1 screen away? That's a joke. It's not even like Brutus, or most other bosses, can attack or focus on more than 1 target at any given time anyway. The main character just tanks & spanks, while 5 rando douchebag characters stand behind it, completely impervious to any kind of threatening scenario.
"
ShadyC wrote:

Being 1 screen away? That's a joke. It's not even like Brutus, or most other bosses, can attack or focus on more than 1 target at any given time anyway. The main character just tanks & spanks, while 5 rando douchebag characters stand behind it, completely impervious to any kind of threatening scenario.

Your ability to write coherent truths in a satiristic, brutal prose makes me feel all sorts of things -- in a good way; a very good way.
You will never see a man faking anger, passion and relentless behavior.

You will always see a man faking love, politeness and respectful behavior.
"
ShadyC wrote:
"
relaxyo wrote:
"
TylerRand wrote:

In hardcore?

Why do people think anyone is farming Merc Vaal with a bunch of low-level placement-holder multi's? No. You don't have to run for the Chaos recipe anymore.

With all of that IIQ, do you have ANY idea how many rares a simple BRUTUS run drops? Upwards of 30, give or take. I shit you not, 30 rares. Do you have any idea how many Alt Orbs that is per run? Per 5 minute run?? Not to mention Alchemy Orbs from the shards. Not to mention possible uniques. Not to mention flat-out orb drops from killing a boss with that kind of IIQ.

Lol dude I have farmed for alts via rares it's barely worth it since you have to id them and even without IIQ (just 350 IIR) I would get more rares than I could carry and I didn't even care to tp back to get the rest.

Long story short I would get about 3 GCP in 2 to 3 hours minus the wisdom scrolls you need which would probably amount to 1 GCP. You are not getting rich from that.

30 rares on screen mean nothing. Most low lvl Uniques are worthless and the valueble ones are high level or have a non existing drop chance.
Last edited by TylerRand on Mar 26, 2013, 11:47:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info