The Multi-box Thread: How it ruins the game.

"
KoTao wrote:
No need to create some arbitrary (and almost certainly unenforcable) policy regarding multiboxing. Remove the party loot bonus and just like that, nobody multiboxes anymore. There would still be plenty of people partying, either for the increased safety and killspeed or because- get this- people enjoy playing in parties!

Recipes for every orb is a good idea and has been suggested many times. Shards for some of the lesser orbs (scours etc) have been suggested as well. As to why these things mostly havent been implimented, who knows.

And regarding regular orb wipes: Ive read alot of suggestions that were likely to kill the game- as in, the player base vanishes and ggg goes broke- and i think this one would do it the quickest. If you want to play in clean economies, take up racing.

Yes, ultimately I agree that party loot bonus removal is the best solution. But I don't feel that it will have the most logical and calm reactions by the players.

Of course, the same thing goes for a currency wipe - which, to be fair, I only suggested to happen one time, not at regular intervals.

"
poltus wrote:
OP is just biased and incomplete. Maybe expensive currency is entering the economy faster then good uniques are going on sale.

Yeah - funny how that happens when, coincidentally, party bonuses involve IIQ and not IIR.
IIQ increases all drops, including uniques.

Surprise!
"
ShadyC wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
No need to create some arbitrary (and almost certainly unenforcable) policy regarding multiboxing. Remove the party loot bonus and just like that, nobody multiboxes anymore. There would still be plenty of people partying, either for the increased safety and killspeed or because- get this- people enjoy playing in parties!

Recipes for every orb is a good idea and has been suggested many times. Shards for some of the lesser orbs (scours etc) have been suggested as well. As to why these things mostly havent been implimented, who knows.

And regarding regular orb wipes: Ive read alot of suggestions that were likely to kill the game- as in, the player base vanishes and ggg goes broke- and i think this one would do it the quickest. If you want to play in clean economies, take up racing.

Yes, ultimately I agree that party loot bonus removal is the best solution. But I don't feel that it will have the most logical and calm reactions by the players.

Of course, the same thing goes for a currency wipe - which, to be fair, I only suggested to happen one time, not at regular intervals.

"
poltus wrote:
OP is just biased and incomplete. Maybe expensive currency is entering the economy faster then good uniques are going on sale.

Yeah - funny how that happens when, coincidentally, party bonuses involve IIQ and not IIR.

The thing is you have to maintain relative balance if you remove or lessen the party bonus, so you up the base drop rate, which I really don't think is such a bad thing, as long as it doesn't go completely overboard. Maybe that'll be enough to keep people calm.
How exactly do multiboxers generate great amount of currency. I'm curious.

For a week I ran my EK Shadow (RID) with two Andvarius, Wondertrap lowlife and other stuff to average about 350 IIR and 50 IIQ.

I would do Vaal Runs alone and in group and the result would average between a screen full of rares and 5 rares with one or two uniques mixed in every 3 - 4 Hours.

So what? A full set of lowlevel rares vendors for 2 Chance now. If you ID them you get about 3 alts for a inventory full minus 10 wisdom scrolls which adds up to ... nothing plus a little if I am not mistaken.

Now if you would get a chaos orb for a full set that would be something else. You need to do content 60 + though to achieve that.

So basically a multiboxer would have to run merciless Vaal. For that he would need 6 chars above 60 and one that is actually good enough to slaughter a full party Vaal.

In hardcore?

Seems to be a lot of work. In addition to that I yet have to see a character that is fail safe at merci Vaal.

So what exactly are they doing to get all those chaos orbs?
Last edited by TylerRand on Mar 26, 2013, 11:03:07 PM
Just set up a multibox detection system and ban all these greedy cunts
"
iono wrote:
IIQ increases all drops, including uniques.

Surprise!

Now I can use that line I just heard today.

"
AintCare wrote:

I would recommend getting a yellow helmet but things luckily go over your head..

IIQ increases orb/rare/unique drops.

IIR only increases rare/unique.

Now, let us go ahead and review the comment in question:

"
poltus wrote:

I hope you get it now.

Expensive currency IS entering the economy faster than good uniques/rares.

And I reiterate my point that party loot bonuses include IIQ, but not IIR.

Are we on the same page yet?
"

QFT hahaha
"
TylerRand wrote:
How exactly do multiboxers generate great amount of currency. I'm curious.

For a week I ran my EK Shadow (RID) with two Andvarius, Wondertrap lowlife and other stuff to average about 350 IIR and 50 IIQ.

I would do Vaal Runs alone and in group and the result would average between a screen full of rares 5 rares with one or two uniques every 3 - 4 Hours.

So what? A full set of lowlevel rares vendors for 2 Chance now? If you id them you get about 3 alts for a inventory full - 10 wisdom scrolls which adds up to ... nothing plus a little if I am not mistaken.

Now if you would get a chaos orb for a full set that would be something else. You need to do content 60 + though to achieve that.

So basically a multiboxer would have to run merciless Vaal. For that he would need 6 chars above 60 and one that is actually good enough to slaughter a full party Vaal.

In hardcore?

Seems to be a lot of work. In addition to that I yet have to see a character that is fail safe at merci Vaal.

So what exactly are they doing to get all those chaos orbs?

Or you can just TP all your dummies in when the boss is near death?
I 100% agree with the OP on this. Anyone who is capable of buying items with for so many exalteds and barely understand the mechanics of the game acquired their currency via real money or multi boxing.

This makes me NOT want to play PoE anymore, because money is time and I don't get paid enough currency to afford anything in the trade forums.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
DatChen wrote:
"

QFT hahaha

Honestly though the game looks like it was made for multiboxing.

The client runs windowed with custom res down to 800 x 600. You can reduce texture quality down to ... ( cant think of any adjective here )

Those who think that you can't run multiple clients on lesser hardware are mistaken.

With the mentioned adjustments. I tried and could run 4 clients on a 3 year old MacBook Pro in Bootcamp.

The cheat and hackfest just started guys and GGG simply wont have the resources to battle it.

And it seems they already realized that hence the lack of official statements. All they probably gonna do is try hard to keep the issue down. Moderate posts like this and like the one where the picture originally came from and bann the posters.

I dropped to default today at 68 so maybe I'm just bitter. But I can tell you that I never even considered to continue playing in default not after taking a quick glance at the trade chat there.

Lets face it in the longrun only fair competition is going to keep players interested. Casual players will go through content once and move on.
Last edited by TylerRand on Mar 26, 2013, 11:23:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info