Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

This looks so good!!!
Runslingan! The Power Of ~^S.W.E.D.E.N^~
usually im not the type of guy to get all down with pathos.... but GGG you impressed me so often over the years.

This league is a HUGE creative masterpiece! Im stunned tbh....

Always will play this game :D Promise me PoE 2050 for my retirement! <3
looks nice, even if after harvest i did not want to play the league until Zana goes mad, i might give it a try just for the "new" gems...
Regarding the supporter packs...disappointing yet again, which seems to have become the norm this year. I know GGG is very protective of its staff, like a good company should be, but whoever is in charge of 3d mtx work should be replaced. These things cost a lot of money but the product looks exceptionally subpar and rushed time and time again. GGG will probably release the concept art for these packs as usual sometime mid league, and I'm certain that it will be excellent as always. The 2d artists do their job right, but the 3d work ruins it every time with the half-arsed execution. Most of the armors only feel well fitted on a single class, and lazyly/poorly adjusted to fit others. Textures are often bland. Clipping or unintended look/effects during movement are now the norm.
The decreased value of the new packs only add to the disappointment. A single character effect is basically all you get for the $30 version now...

Also, this might be a matter of personal taste, but I don't like the changing style of the supporter pack badges. They have been way over-designed and cheap looking since about Delve or Betrayal league imho. I much more preferred the thicker-framed ones that stayed consistent in their minimalistic, tasteful and clean design prior to that. Seems like the personnel behind their design has changed around that time...which is somewhat consistent with the change for the more flashy and over-designed mtx as well.

Older clean badge design:

New messy and over-designed badge style (my opinion):

Last edited by Аstyanax on Sep 2, 2020, 4:37:01 PM
We need another league like Delve, best one ever. The changes here seem pretty underwhelming. The alternate uniques is probably the only thing I would like try. Specially the alternate iron commander as there are lots of stuff already scaling with strength
What did you do to my discharge again??? I WILL NOT FUCKNG SELF CAST İT CHRİS
not imporessed
Playing marauder @ Hardcore leagues

I think I "leveled up" to "this game is too complex and tedious to play anymore" camp.

I understand design and monetisation model behind it but I think that GGG over-loaded the core.

This is ARPG game and the most joy, at least for me, is in doing challenging and rewarding content. In this game it's metamorph, upgraded breachstones, juiced T16 maps, delirium/simulacrum, timeless encounters, deep Delve, Sirius or Uber Elder, advanced crafting, making high-end build and usually whatever tops current league mechanic.

All of this is gated behind hundreds of hours of gameplay - it just takes too much effort to get there, knowing it will reset again in 3 months time.

It's probably too late for POE 1 but it would be good to re-think that model for POE 2 and focus on locking down what really "core" is to make sure that time investment required does not grow to the point when it alienates players.

Depending on how much content will be there in POE 2, it would mean being more ruthless and innovative with leagues, having only few being added to the "core".

Also, consider evolving monetisation model itself. Living off stash tabs and league packs is quite outdated, micro transactions are too expensive, promos are just so dead and bland.

It's 2020, whatever noble F2P ideology was there 10 years ago, it needs to adapt to evolving market.

Last edited by Verminaardth on Sep 2, 2020, 4:37:48 PM
"
Verminaardth wrote:
I think I "leveled up" to "this game is too complex and tedious to play anymore" camp.

I understand design and monetisation model behind it but I think that GGG over-loaded core.

This is ARPG game and the most joy, at least for me, is in doing challenging and rewarding content. In this game it's metamorph, upgraded breachstones, juiced T16 maps, delirium/simulacrum, timeless encounters, deep Delve, Sirius or Uber Elder, advanced crafting, making high-end build and usually whatever tops current league mechanic.

All of this is gated behind hundreds of hours of gameplay - it just takes too much effort to get there, knowing it will reset again in 3 months time.

It's probably too late for POE 1 but it would be good to re-think that model for POE 2 and focus on locking down what really "core" is to make sure that time investment required does not grow to the point when it alienates players.

Depending on how much content will be there in POE 2, it would mean being more ruthless and innovative with leagues, having only few being added to the "core".

Also, consider evolving monetisation model itself. Living off stash tabs and league packs is quite outdated, micro transactions are too expensive, promos are just so dead and bland.

It's 2020, whatever noble F2P ideology was there 10 years ago, it needs to adapt to evolving market.

This is my sentiment word for word....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info