Announcing Path of Exile: Heist

Saying I'm not looking forward to it is a huge understatement.
Nice
"
Аstyanax wrote:
Regarding the supporter packs...disappointing yet again, which seems to have become the norm this year. I know GGG is very protective of its staff, like a good company should be, but whoever is in charge of 3d mtx work should be replaced. These things cost a lot of money but the product looks exceptionally subpar and rushed time and time again. GGG will probably release the concept art for these packs as usual sometime mid league, and I'm certain that it will be excellent as always. The 2d artists do their job right, but the 3d work ruins it every time with the half-arsed execution. Most of the armors only feel well fitted on a single class, and lazyly/poorly adjusted to fit others. Textures are often bland. Clipping or unintended look/effects during movement are now the norm.
The decreased value of the new packs only add to the disappointment. A single character effect is basically all you get for the $30 version now...

Also, this might be a matter of personal taste, but I don't like the changing style of the supporter pack badges. They have been way over-designed and cheap looking since about Delve or Betrayal league imho. I much more preferred the thicker-framed ones that stayed consistent in their minimalistic, tasteful and clean design prior to that. Seems like the personnel behind their design has changed around that time...which is somewhat consistent with the change for the more flashy and over-designed mtx as well.

Older clean badge design:

New messy and over-designed badge style (my opinion):

I feel the same.
"
Shaddrak wrote:
What really pisses me off is that people don't realize the impact The Pandemic has had on GGG. People are working from home for crying out loud. Did you idiots not stop to think that GGG was not able to get the same feedback as meeting at a round table face to face to gather and share ideas. You are also assuming no one on the team got sick.

I'm actually Fing proud of GGG and the fact that they were able to even release this during a pandemic. To all those people whining go F yourself.

ok my boy, praise the selfless acts of those who want to earn our money :D
@GGG

Why are you making stuff sooooo freaking complicated??

I shouldn't need a Masters degree in Gardening or Heist Planning in order to do the league mechanic. I shouldn't have to watch an hour long video explaining how to properly do the league mechanic. There's no reason that it was necessary for somebody to make an hour long video explaining how to do the league mechanic.

I went from playing 4+ hours a day for the last 2 years to maybe 4 hours a week this league because the league mechanic was just too complex for me. I could barely get tier 2 seeds to grow.. forget about anything higher.

And now this league looks just as complex..if not more.

I have no interest in having to gather blue prints and design the perfect heist.
And if I'm not doing the new League mechanic, then I may as well be playing Standard. But...I don't play Standard because I want to enjoy the new League mechanic, not relive old ones.

It's sad to say..but it looks like I'll be skipping this league as well. Very disappointing.
Last edited by skey23 on Sep 2, 2020, 4:56:09 PM
Oh, a mix from Alva and Jun called heist. Wonderful! I'm out then.
And trippling all gems by adding more or less useless stuff doesn't make me feel better about that upcoming league.
Harvest doesn't go core? Okay, point three to say bye.

Bye!
hype hype . wanna try
New league first time!
"
hype hype . wanna try

And You make a new account for just this post. GZ !
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Rick and Morty made fun of this almost a year ago... let this stupid fking heist genre die already. I was shaking my head at this low-rent genre years ago.
“There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised.”
― Anton LaVey
"
rodrigoar wrote:
"
Аstyanax wrote:
Regarding the supporter packs...disappointing yet again, which seems to have become the norm this year. I know GGG is very protective of its staff, like a good company should be, but whoever is in charge of 3d mtx work should be replaced. These things cost a lot of money but the product looks exceptionally subpar and rushed time and time again. GGG will probably release the concept art for these packs as usual sometime mid league, and I'm certain that it will be excellent as always. The 2d artists do their job right, but the 3d work ruins it every time with the half-arsed execution. Most of the armors only feel well fitted on a single class, and lazyly/poorly adjusted to fit others. Textures are often bland. Clipping or unintended look/effects during movement are now the norm.
The decreased value of the new packs only add to the disappointment. A single character effect is basically all you get for the $30 version now...

Also, this might be a matter of personal taste, but I don't like the changing style of the supporter pack badges. They have been way over-designed and cheap looking since about Delve or Betrayal league imho. I much more preferred the thicker-framed ones that stayed consistent in their minimalistic, tasteful and clean design prior to that. Seems like the personnel behind their design has changed around that time...which is somewhat consistent with the change for the more flashy and over-designed mtx as well.

Older clean badge design:

New messy and over-designed badge style (my opinion):

I feel the same.

and why I still don't sport badges since they were introduced. You can't tell wtf is what unless you mouse over and behold the 90s default title/alt tag in the HTML that tells you what it is. I am pretty sure they can probably up my limit because frankly some of the folks have icons that take up twice the height mine do now.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Sep 2, 2020, 7:23:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info