[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
Sebaslc wrote:
Im guessing, because of Sanctuary of Thought 50% less mana cost, this build won't work with other ascendancies, at least in its current iteration. Right?

That is correct. For other ascendancies, no Sanctuary is Double manacost, removing Pledge is 33% less manacost (since Greater spell echo has 150% manacost multiplier). After that your manacost is still a bit too much, so you have to do some combination of: lowering archmage support quality, deallocating forethought, allocating dreamer, divining Indigon to a lower value, or just have lower total mana.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Sebaslc wrote:
Im guessing, because of Sanctuary of Thought 50% less mana cost, this build won't work with other ascendancies, at least in its current iteration. Right?

That is correct. For other ascendancies, no Sanctuary is Double manacost, removing Pledge is 33% less manacost (since Greater spell echo has 150% manacost multiplier). After that your manacost is still a bit too much, so you have to do some combination of: lowering archmage support quality, deallocating forethought, allocating dreamer, divining Indigon to a lower value, or just have lower total mana.

Thanks for the info, do you remember by any chance or know a good Arc Archmage build to level on the upcoming league, to save some currency on regret orbs?

Cheers.
Last edited by Sebaslc on Jan 14, 2021, 10:26:05 AM
"
Sebaslc wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
Sebaslc wrote:

Thanks for the info, do you remember by any chance or know a good Arc Archmage build to level on the upcoming league, to save some currency on regret orbs?

Cheers.

Not sure. But its mostly the same tree, just skip the crit nodes and pick up EO instead.
How rough is this build without having Pledge and Indigon?

I wanted to start the league with this and just work my way to getting those items but if the build feels like complete trash before getting those items I may just try something else.

Also by "Feels like trash" I mainly mean doing red maps, killing bosses, etc feels extremely terrible... If the build still feels good without those and I can work toward them while playing this build then I may give it a go!

Thanks in advance!
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
MadCowG wrote:
Anyone to make this build more dodge or block? :D

Or even fortify?

Block is straightforward. You take the Enigmatic Defence Cluster, possibly anoint Steelwood Stance, and run a Rumi's Concoction. Its lucky that Pledge is on the best overall staff base, 20% spell block is amazing.

Dodge stacking is a somewhat different build with Omeyocan, Agnostic and Acro/Phase Acro, but it needs a lot of points to path over there.

For fortify, there are two options.
* You can have Vigilant Strike - Ancestral Call with Vigil jewel, buts its actually hard to land a strike because most enemies die too quickly.
* Anoint Hardened Scars, and run an Enduring Hybrid Flask, which is actually decent value due to getting boosted by Indigon.

I should probably add this to FAQs.

Very cool, I would prefer tankier version with slight lower damage. Enduring Hybrid Flask is better then Enduring Mana Flask?

"* You can have Vigilant Strike - Ancestral Call with Vigil jewel, buts its actually hard to land a strike because most enemies die too quickly." Easier to land on boss, unique mobs which you dont kill in 1 shot

* Have Blade Blast linked with High-Impact Mine Support (Blastchain Mine Support works too) in your gem setup.
* At the start of the map (or whenever you enter a new instance) perform this initial setup.
* Cast Blade Blast near your feet, it will lay down a mine.
* Cast your BV, and immediately after (0.2-0.4s later), press your Detonate Mine hotkey. Detonate Mine is an instant skill so it shouldn't interrupt your BV cast followed by your Unleash stacks followed by your GSE repeats. Do not interrupt your GSE repeats by moving like you'd normally do.
* If you got the timing right, you should be left with ONE single stack of BV. Blade Blast should have detonated all your earlier blades away. Your setup is now done, proceed to the last step.
* Once the setup is done, you can resume your normal cycle of casting BV every 4.25secs as you move through the map. Take special care to not let your BV stacks ever drop to zero, in which case you have to perform the initial setup again.

I able to get 1 blade left of BV and continue to cast BV in 4.25 sec window, however I check damage in POE it just same amount as before. Not sure what goes wrong.

The only thing I dont have in my build is Thunderous Salvos, is it because of it?

Adding healthy mind seems can boost 10% extra damage too and more mana, socket at top mid of the tree.

P.S.: I also support this build as very good one (no fake paste bin), I clear most content even without maxing jewels, corrupt mod, enchant mod etc... just about 500k-800k mark A8 Sirus with 1 to 3 deaths...
Last edited by MadCowG on Jan 15, 2021, 2:33:10 AM
"
MadCowG wrote:
Enduring Hybrid Flask is better then Enduring Mana Flask?

The Hardened Scars notable only works if you have a life flask running. A hybrid flask counts as a life flask and gives you fortify, a mana flask does not.

"
MadCowG wrote:
I able to get 1 blade left of BV and continue to cast BV in 4.25 sec window, however I check damage in POE it just same amount as before. Not sure what goes wrong.

If you read the full section, at the end I mention that tooltip dps will NOT show the boosted dmg, but you will be doing 70% more dmg nonetheless.
"
G3Nexis wrote:
How rough is this build without having Pledge and Indigon?

I wanted to start the league with this and just work my way to getting those items but if the build feels like complete trash before getting those items I may just try something else.

Also by "Feels like trash" I mainly mean doing red maps, killing bosses, etc feels extremely terrible... If the build still feels good without those and I can work toward them while playing this build then I may give it a go!

Thanks in advance!

Without Pledge and Indigon the build loses its core tricks and becomes a very vanilla archmage build. If I had to guess, at level 85 with leaguestart gear you'd be doing 800k dps, It should clear red maps still ok but red map bosses will be a pain. Remember to NOT pick up Sanctuary of Thought since that will cut your dps in half (although that means you lose a ton of AoE and ES).
It will probably be better to play as archmage arc before getting pledge, without indigon / with arcane cloak.

Clearing with basic BV without AOE from GSE will majorly suck, wouldn't be the greatest for open map clear even with all that AOE + inc aoe...
"
RudyBaby wrote:

The Hardened Scars notable only works if you have a life flask running. A hybrid flask counts as a life flask and gives you fortify, a mana flask does not.

If you read the full section, at the end I mention that tooltip dps will NOT show the boosted dmg, but you will be doing 70% more dmg nonetheless.

Very well, thanks for explaining. I am ready for new league after considering other builds and end up I still stick with this. :)
"
To achieve this precise timing I highly recommend using Lutbot overlay.

Maybe it got already answered somwhere in here, but did you check with GGG if the overlay is ok to use? Just a little paranoid since they banned multiple people for 3rd party software. And overlay programs are difficult to handle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info