[3.13] Archmage Blade Vortex Hierophant | 20k EHP 40m DPS | Depth 2000 Delve Tank

"
RudyBaby wrote:
Did you miss the multiple "DOES NOT WORK" tags? GGG deemed this interaction was too strong and nerfed it mid-league.

How bad did the nerf effect the build overall? Also, is this build a decent choice for level 100 push? I have a 95 Templar on Standard from Herald Stacking Delirium league haha, doubt I’d approach this on a challenge league with my lack of availability. Any changes/options you’d recommend for that specifically (more emphasis on clear/survival)?

Thanks for the great write up!
Last edited by jpypoe on Apr 8, 2021, 11:27:36 AM
My unfinished version of the build:

POB (lv 98): https://pastebin.com/XNQtdzZS
My character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/insydeAFK/characters?characterName=insydeAFK

Changes against your build:
- 2x rare ring (no WRATH aura)
- Divergent Vitality
- 2x CWDT
- cluster jewel passives
- 68% chaos resist

What you think about the changes?

On a map begin I swap in Spell Echo Support, Blade Blast and High-Impact Mine Support.

Videos:
A9 Sirus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GQHDaLkej4
A9 Al-Hezmin, the Hunter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLI9_NYsuwI
A9 Baran, the Crusader: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vEyFNeOD3E
A9 Drox, the Warlord: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-NqOBO8jz4
A9 Veritania, the Redeemer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jWyoF7F3JA
A9 Maven's Invitation: The Hidden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vs6gcY93Mg

To do:
Spoiler
- cobalt jewels
- helemet, gloves and boots enchant's
- Watcher's Eye (3 mod)
- lvl 100
- resist balance (for The Wise Oak)
- gems 6/23
- 75% chaos resist
Nice set of gear you got there, in very short time too. And I see you're deleting bosses left and right :)

All of those changes are good. When I played this build in HC I went for the same 2x rare ring, Curse medium cluster, and capped chaos res. Only thing you're missing is some form of Corpse removal. Not mandatory but makes porcupine packs and all DD effects a non-issue.

I'm curious, if you divine that Watcher's Eye does it lose its legacy roll?
"
jpypoe wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Did you miss the multiple "DOES NOT WORK" tags? GGG deemed this interaction was too strong and nerfed it mid-league.

How bad did the nerf effect the build overall? Also, is this build a decent choice for level 100 push? I have a 95 Templar on Standard from Herald Stacking Delirium league haha, doubt I’d approach this on a challenge league with my lack of availability. Any changes/options you’d recommend for that specifically (more emphasis on clear/survival)?

The nerfs brought it back down from 100m dps to 40m. In practice that doesn't affect gameplay much at all. Map clear is the exact same. Most endgame bosses will take a few seconds instead of being instantly deleted. The two places you can notice the difference is when you have beginner/intermediate gear, and you're trying to kill endgame bosses or doing 100% delirium t16s.

Its a very solid build to push 100. Many people have reported that they got their first ever 100 with this. The two main changes I'd suggest for a safe push to 100 are:
* Focus on block. Pick up Engimatic Defence cluster, and run a Rumi's flask.
* Focus on chaos res. At least +30% chaos res will feel very safe. Its pretty easy to get that now with harvest, but its being changed soon with next league launch, so it'll get harder.
Last edited by RudyBaby on Apr 10, 2021, 7:59:47 PM
"
RudyBaby wrote:
"
jpypoe wrote:
"
RudyBaby wrote:

The nerfs brought it back down from 100m dps to 40m. In practice that doesn't affect gameplay much at all. Map clear is the exact same. Most endgame bosses will take a few seconds instead of being instantly deleted. The two places you can notice the difference is when you have beginner/intermediate gear, and you're trying to kill endgame bosses or doing 100% delirium t16s.

Its a very solid build to push 100. Many people have reported that they got their first ever 100 with this. The two main changes I'd suggest for a safe push to 100 are:
* Focus on block. Pick up Engimatic Defence cluster, and run a Rumi's flask.
* Focus on chaos res. At least +30% chaos res will feel very safe. Its pretty easy to get that now with harvest, but its being changed soon with next league launch, so it'll get harder.

Thanks!
My Items
Unavailable

flasks

Hey guys. I thought I would do a write up here as I took the build as far as I could and I think it will probably be nerfed in 3.14 and just wanted to tell my story

I went through a few builds at the start of the league. I made a Soulwrest CI Occultist that was able to do most things, but even with investment was never going to be able to do fractured maps solo or farm maven/sirius which ended up being my goal.

I found this build and was able to get it off the ground pretty quickly (week 2ish). I was using Plume of the pursuit for the free crit chance and in turn was using the amulet Marylene's Fallacy for the free 240% crit multi. I was pretty happy with this. The free crit was amazing and I could run 100% delerius maps and only die a few times and I didn't have to run HH which made me very happy. I was able to save up enough currency to start running T14 Fractured Tower maps. I used TFT to find people selling fracture services and was able to pay around 5c per map for fractures (I eventually made so much money that I bought a few bases for myself just to have as a kind of trophy)

Much to my dismay, in the MIDDLE of the league they completely GUTTED Plume. This was devastating for me as running fractured maps had always been of goal of mine and I had fallen absolutely in love with the layered defense, playstyle and damage of this build. I thought that it was unrecoverable and was very sad for about three days.

Once my depression was over I started to look at my character and tried to find ways to get back into my fractured maps. I had a buddy that was able to play with me as an aura bot a few nights a week. I personally paid for all his gear and had him follow me around and it ended up being its own little fun adventure. After about a week we were able to afford a HH and I vastly changed around all my items to get my crit chance up and get enough crit multi to come close to my previous damage. Needless to say I eventually go there. The crit chance was still pretty bad until I was able to craft my above chest.

When plume was nerfed into the ground I had about 5k alterations I had picked up off the ground from the few fractured maps we had run. I also was using chromium watchstones at the time to increased Alteration drops because they were sell for exalts at like 240:1. I started using my alts to craft watchstones. I made like 150exalts just sitting in my HO for a day crafting watchstones. I would buy like 10+ of the same kind and just sell one as soon as I hit something good and would keep the ones that I wanted.

With this money I was able to buy the items needed to give myself enough crit multi/crit chance to make the build viable again. I was buying up jewels with Life/Mana/Multi (3 mods) for like 4-5 ex. The jewels I have above that are fractured with 2 crit multiplier mods were all purchased from the same guy for 40 exalts each. I will also be posting the watchstones I used. I'm going to really really sad if they nerf this build even more as I really want to play it next league and I am also going to be sad if the nerf to deep delving is going to make fractured fossils too expensive because that was some of the most fun I've ever had in poe.

watchstones
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

I would swap out the "cannot take reflected damage" watchstone for a mysterious barrels one that spawned the bugs when destroyed. I also made a lot of currency this league from buying elevated sextants and rolling them on watchstones and selling the extra valuable ones. Fractured maps are extremely profitable with the correct set up. I was only able to play for about 4-5 hours a night if I was lucky and I was making about 20-40 exalts a day with my limited playtime which for me is decent. I was skeptical that doing fractured maps solo would be very profitable for me, but I was proven very, very wrong. I have found other ways of making money in PoE over the years, but this was by far the most fun.

Also, quick note about the chest, I was trying to craft one with life on it but I ended up getting unlucky on my first few attempts. I had originally wanted T1 life, T1 mana, 15% damage taken as mana before life and then T1 Crit chance. I elevated to T0 crit chance (almost required after plume nerf) and was able to get 10% back on there and was okay with this as my defense was not a problem, I just needed more damage. Either way I'm very happy with this chest now as the 6% es on kill is actually super amazing.

Anyway this is long and I will reply to any and all questions. Thanks for reading!
Last edited by NovaShrike on Apr 11, 2021, 3:21:05 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
RudyBaby wrote:
Nice set of gear you got there, in very short time too. And I see you're deleting bosses left and right :)

All of those changes are good. When I played this build in HC I went for the same 2x rare ring, Curse medium cluster, and capped chaos res. Only thing you're missing is some form of Corpse removal. Not mandatory but makes porcupine packs and all DD effects a non-issue.

I'm curious, if you divine that Watcher's Eye does it lose its legacy roll?

Porcupine is no problem. I can jump in a whole pack.
Against Delve Cold Snap I'm ussing cluster with Cremator passive.
But I'm delving not much :)

Probably divine the legacy Watcher's Eye will remove the legacy roll. At the moment I don't want to risk. :)

Someone have tested to divine a legacy item?
"
jpypoe wrote:

... Also, is this build a decent choice for level 100 push? ...

It's a very tanky build, but its clearspeed is a bit slow. On league, with much worse gear than in the guide, I got to 98 or so almost completely on my own just mapping and doing challenges. I am not a careful player. I didn't think twice about doing A9 Sirus while leveling whenever he appeared. That said, I found it a bit slow for 98 and 100 and ended up afking in 5-ways to just get it done. Literally walked away from my PC during some runs.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Yikes they nerfed BV duration, maybe now the helm enchnat will be necessary or manually grab all the incresed skill effect nodes on the tree

The reduction in AOE is probably fine as the GSE trick still works for AoE
"
Souse03 wrote:
Yikes they nerfed BV duration, maybe now the helm enchnat will be necessary or manually grab all the incresed skill effect nodes on the tree

The reduction in AOE is probably fine as the GSE trick still works for AoE

I didn't think about this. Could be recoverable, but the helm enchant will almost be necessary.

We're losing like 25% damage already through the damage effectiveness nerf.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info