[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

I’m running the 1 cluster setup (Not complete yet) and i’m having a hard time with random one shots. I have 3.7k eHP which is really low, but i don’t know how to improve it (Maybe rush small cluster? Medium clusters rolls are really a pain)
"
Telleiras wrote:
I’m running the 1 cluster setup (Not complete yet) and i’m having a hard time with random one shots. I have 3.7k eHP which is really low, but i don’t know how to improve it (Maybe rush small cluster? Medium clusters rolls are really a pain)

getting more life should your first prio, hitting 4,5 to 5k life reduces the one shots by a mile.

I would take as much life on the tree as there is easily available and focus on life rolls on gear, divining possible uniques and getting at least t3 life rolls on rares.

On the topic of clusters, one option is that you can just do 1 notable for the time being to hit your small life clusters. Wasting for dmg or wicked for Qol skill effect duration.
Is there any notables that could replace wicked pall or wasting affliction because trying to hit those mods is legit ruining me. Would appreciate any tips.
"
"
Telleiras wrote:

getting more life should your first prio, hitting 4,5 to 5k life reduces the one shots by a mile.

I would take as much life on the tree as there is easily available and focus on life rolls on gear, divining possible uniques and getting at least t3 life rolls on rares.

On the topic of clusters, one option is that you can just do 1 notable for the time being to hit your small life clusters. Wasting for dmg or wicked for Qol skill effect duration.

I'm working on that, i'm reaching for the T3 life rolls on ring, belt and boots, but could you look at my passive tree? I'm not sure if there is anymore viable life points.

POB: https://pastebin.com/3kAzMK4b
"
Telleiras wrote:
"
"
Telleiras wrote:

I'm working on that, i'm reaching for the T3 life rolls on ring, belt and boots, but could you look at my passive tree? I'm not sure if there is anymore viable life points.

POB: https://pastebin.com/3kAzMK4b

Fixed your passive tree a bit. https://pastebin.com/awc1QTvH

notes: serpentine spellslinger is better than method and madness. Switched your pathing to scion to have less points and more str.

all the res nodes should be bandaids.

after tree changes check your poison chance without flasks, if you have 120% chance or more you can unspeck septic spells from your cluster.

gear

Notes on your gear: Prio 1. get more life and res.

jewels:
growing agony is bad, almoust every "increase dmg" in jewels is bad. Get a jewels with life and chaos over time multiplier. Add resistance if you get one for cheap.
same goes for your rare jewel get life, chaos multi and res.

If str is a problem b4 getting small clusters with it, just delevel gems.

rings: circle of nostalgia is a lot of dmg, however as I've stated in the guide and in other comments, you should swap into it after your resistance is capped with only 1 rare ring.

However im not saying to stop using it, but it means you are loosing power and life on the tree due lacking res.Also you need attribute catalysts on the ring.

Also, swap that es recharge craft to life.

In general use res catalysts on your belt and rare ring. helps a lot.

Belt: use remove add life seeds, you should hit a decent life roll in 2 or 3 tries.

abys jewel: get one with life and res. I started with abys jewel that had 30 life and 12 cold + fire res and 12 fire + ligh res.

glove + amulet:
Use a divine on your asenaths, it's an easy way to get more life. the life roll goes to 80 so hitting 70+ is not hard. Same for imprecense, life goes up to 70. Also use blessings on amulet, you are missing 4 str there. Consider atribute catalyst on amulet, or life if you dont need attributes.

boots:
Boots aint bad, change evasion craft into hybrid life + evasion. Evasion in general is bad for us due wind dancer. Dodge chance is our main defence.

gems

Edit: sorry didnt notice the gem lvls here. So most of what i said about wither step is irrelevant.

Edit 2: lvl 1 cwdt wont trigger lvl 10 immortal call btw

Withering step on a cwdt is bad. Go read my mechanics explanation on elusive. Basically atm you have bad elusive up most of time and you are not even near dodge capped. Having it on your left click will make you way more tanky.

plague bearer is fine untill you have good dmg, then drop it.

I chose against any cwdt setup, you can use one, they are not bad, but we lose sockets for it. I would recommend using low lvl enduring cry, the heal is very good, especially in boss fights.
also:
I would recommend having a desecrate gem somewhere if you are running out of es.
Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 22, 2020, 5:39:28 PM
"
Engeldot wrote:
Is there any notables that could replace wicked pall or wasting affliction because trying to hit those mods is legit ruining me. Would appreciate any tips.

sorry I didnt notice this earlier.

For me wicked and waisting are the 2 best notables. Waisting is the best cluster dmg node after overwhelming malice. Wicked pall has skill effect duration and some dmg, so it makes the build play smoother and to be more enjoyable.

If you are having trouble rolling, I would suggest deciding wich node is more important for you. The best dmg node on mediums or insane QoL.

After that you can just use 1 node per medium(wasting or wicked), or have the chosen node and any sub optimal (imo) notable that has enuf poison dps increase to be worth 1 skill point. Circling is good for dmg for instance (2nd right after wasting), but was nerfed to have no skill effect duration.

Just like with every build guide, not everything is set in stone and there are always decisions for players. My opinion that the optimal is having wicked pall and wasting.
Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 22, 2020, 7:08:57 PM
Ye, i just sticked with wicked/wasting + circling, got only one wasting+wicked in probably 600 chaos,might roll some later,when will go for second cluster. Also in one build i saw someone using one medium curse clauter with evil eye node, that allows to drop f&s and maybe fit in skitterbots,what do you think about it?
Last edited by knehtq on Jul 22, 2020, 8:00:46 PM
"
knehtq wrote:
Ye, i just sticked with wicked/wasting + circling, got only one wasting+wicked in probably 600 chaos,might roll some later,when will go for second cluster. Also in one build i saw someone using one medium curse clauter with evil eye node, that allows to drop f&s and maybe fit in skitterbots,what do you think about it?

i think skitter bots are bad for this build.

f&s is much better, it has great defence for clear and with belt enchant very good dmg.

evil eye is good dmg, but i would not drop wasting over it and curse clusters cannot roll it.

Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 22, 2020, 8:00:23 PM
Also,if you are not busy,would you check my pob please? https://pastebin.com/uAbD2jBX
As i understand,my next goal would be getting good jewels for second cluster, upgrading my ring and boots with tailwind for some extra speed, getting dotmulti corruption on cip's and lastly bottled faith. Did i miss something crucial?
What about increased duration of ailments you inflict when focussed on our Diadem ? Is it better than resist ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info