[Semi-Updated to Ritual]Poison Blade Vortex Assassin In Depth Guide

"
wyzim wrote:
What is your general play-style for this build? Cast Withering Step, Enduring Cry, Blade Vortex while you keep moving with Whirling Defense?

Are we using Blood Rage only for frenzy charges as we don't do attack damage. Is Plague Bearer not worth it for this build over Blood Range?

the play style is having wither step on left click, casting bv once every 4-5 seconds and whirling through the map with high ms and attack speed.

Endruting cry when or if you take dmg.

Blood rage is for attack speed, frezenzys give more as more dmg.

No, we have so much dmg plague bearer is useless, also it has 1milj cap and we have over 30milj shaper dps anyway.

Look up the video section for playstyle references, as it has few map clars as well.
Hmm.. looking interesting build. What u think about budget, if going budget route with some items? (asenath gloves, curse chest with life etc)? I have atm 6 ex lying around..
"
Tsiganisti wrote:
Hmm.. looking interesting build. What u think about budget, if going budget route with some items? (asenath gloves, curse chest with life etc)? I have atm 6 ex lying around..

for doing budget version 6ex is more than enuf,
just get asenath (2-3ex) or budget explode chest (100c) + temp chain hands of the high templar (like 60c) for and craft that a bit further for some life etc.

Other items that might have some actual price is wather's eye and the 1 stat is like 1-2 ex.

crit aug is like 1,5ex for tailwind if u want it.

edit: also go for 1 cluster as they might be somewhat pricy. look for the crafting section for those.

Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 20, 2020, 7:53:36 AM
Im currently 85 on the build, playing the 1 cluster build you linked. Spent about 20ex..

It clears fast, and kills bosses pretty well, but with all these uniques its hella hard to hit resistance caps, yes i can try to get them on the clusters as well but its hard to get the 'required' notables and then getting resistances on them too, on top of that having STR/some int issues too. Im running t14-16 maps and killed veritana with 36fire/66cold/76lightning resistances. it can do it, but i also die multiple times on the way.

My chaos spellslinger can clear maps and bosses easy and fast too. Not as speedy as this, but pretty good. Heres my videos of my guy, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79QYIuEeBTaAhoxOWiQjT3R7CkdEAvH6
I can kill sirius 8, but havent recorded a video of me running it deathless, killed it with 2 deaths tho. I was really hoping to play this char with some funding, but i feel like i lost more currency trying to minmax this guy than me gearing my main. my main currently running 113fire/118cold/119 light and hell even 95 chaos res.

I think the build is good, just super restrictive with all the uniques.
just a question tho, on poeninja it says that every other assassin bv players are doing 1m+ dps with a fire build, where as urs is only doing 14k idk how the calculations work but it seems only a fracture of whats possible?
"
flovust wrote:
Im currently 85 on the build, playing the 1 cluster build you linked. Spent about 20ex..

It clears fast, and kills bosses pretty well, but with all these uniques its hella hard to hit resistance caps, yes i can try to get them on the clusters as well but its hard to get the 'required' notables and then getting resistances on them too, on top of that having STR/some int issues too. Im running t14-16 maps and killed veritana with 36fire/66cold/76lightning resistances. it can do it, but i also die multiple times on the way.

My chaos spellslinger can clear maps and bosses easy and fast too. Not as speedy as this, but pretty good. Heres my videos of my guy, https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79QYIuEeBTaAhoxOWiQjT3R7CkdEAvH6
I can kill sirius 8, but havent recorded a video of me running it deathless, killed it with 2 deaths tho. I was really hoping to play this char with some funding, but i feel like i lost more currency trying to minmax this guy than me gearing my main. my main currently running 113fire/118cold/119 light and hell even 95 chaos res.

just a question tho, on poeninja it says that every other assassin bv players are doing 1m+ dps with a fire build, where as urs is only doing 14k idk how the calculations work but it seems only a fracture of whats possible?

So first of all your chaos slinger is pretty min-maxed LL etc. and i don't think its even close as fast or deals as high dmg as this when build/played correctly.

Secondly its restrictive but relatively easy to fix res (especially this league where you can pretty much get perfect res on any item at your will).
You only need a belt with two high res and a very good ring and your set.
Catalysted its super easy to cap with those.

Also poe.ninja DPS is meaningless as it doesn't take into consideration our dot so pretty much all of our dmg.
We deal more dmg then almost all other builds besides summoners or miners i would argue.
The thing is our dmg needs to ramp and isn't instant but then it is tremendous at around 50-60 Million shaper DPS.
on the hunt
Last edited by schraegstrich on Jul 20, 2020, 3:09:02 PM
"
flovust wrote:

Pretty much what schraegstrich said.

Res and str is hard but not too hard given the aleague mechanic. You can also force 2 res rolls for each medium clusters and a abyssal jewel can have 30 to 40 total res. 1 ring and belt + one random res craft on boots/body armour should res cap us easily. My top end gear im 25-40 res over capped in each res, so lowering the budget you should still be at confy 75 res.

Also you should be using two rare rings ultil your gear can support circle of nostalgia. I mentioned this in gear combos that swap to circle after you have enough res to be capped with only one res ring.

I think the reason you are feeling that you are "losing currency" to min max this build is that you are taking giant's steps. I didnt upgrade to very endgame in one rush, rather I upgraded alot and in small pieces and sold my old gear to recover some currency. Dont rush, take res and 1 cluster 1st, then upgrade to 2 clusters, then when res allowes go for circle.

The very endgame things like freeze immunity, bv enchant, good corruptions come last and have very low prio as the build can do all content without 'em.

Yes poeninja has multiple things it doesnt calculate, poison being one. Additionally poeninja doesnt calculate clusters at all, dmg or life, so as we have 2 clusters will show lower dmg and life than what we have. bv has about 2,5s ramp up to reach 60-100 milj shaper dps (combined with vaal bv).
Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 21, 2020, 6:33:23 AM
This is my first time really following a build and getting into PoE, I have been having a lot of fun with it but I feel like I'm hitting a wall at level 89 and I just keep dying to t/14/15/16 maps. Is there anything I can do with a budget of 1ex that would be a big upgrade to me right now?

https://pastebin.com/PzmSraTA
Rolling medium clasters with suggested mods is so painful
Last edited by knehtq on Jul 21, 2020, 6:01:53 PM
"
This is my first time really following a build and getting into PoE, I have been having a lot of fun with it but I feel like I'm hitting a wall at level 89 and I just keep dying to t/14/15/16 maps. Is there anything I can do with a budget of 1ex that would be a big upgrade to me right now?

https://pastebin.com/PzmSraTA

I cannot open the Pob, i get error 302. So these are all guesses why you are dying, you might not use withering step on left click, you might not move enough(moving fast trough packs b4 we get hit), some life/res issues.

for 1ex if you think you die too often use mistwall for clear and have double cold iron weaponswap for bosses.

If you pm me or post a new link of the Pob I'l look into it.

Edit: I found your Pob using your profile.

So number 1, reason why are dying is not being resist capped. If you have saved remove + add cold seeds it rather easy to upgrade the cold res on your belt to be capped cold. I highly recommend catalysting your ring for res. And if you find res hard, dont use a 10% all res abyssal jewel go for two 12% dual res mods instead (12 to fire and light + 12 to fire and cold).

I cannot see what bodyarmor you have for some reason, so I dont know what stats you have there.

In general after fixing res the major thing is up our offence, so we have less chances to die ingeneral. I would use my currency to complete the cluster and to upgrade the large cluster to 8 passive one. Also getting 2 life clusters in near future will boost your life quite a lot. So you can sepect some life to spend the points to the cluster and still get more life.
Last edited by hilavitkutin123456 on Jul 22, 2020, 6:42:18 AM
"
knehtq wrote:
Rolling medium clasters with suggested mods is so painful

It can be, but rolling mods, in general, for any clusters is hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info