Issues With Vulkan Beta

Lol what a mess of a thread.

Quote: "a few users who are participating in the Vulkan Beta"

If you do not use Beta drivers for your graphic card, or have manually downloaded Vulkan beta drivers you are not affected by this issue.

Quote: "We've also noted that some DX11 users have missing textures. We're looking into this now."

This is most likely your problem and many others, so stop messing around with your Vulkan drivers :p

I must admit the OP is kind of poorly explained, but it's pretty clear when it addresses Vulkan Beta.
Last edited by Xtroll on Jun 20, 2020, 12:27:59 AM
Could you please be a bit more specific on the Vulkan issues? I'm using the Vulkan renderer as it is just far more efficient than the DX11 partial multithreaded renderer and so far what I've seen is that texture loads take an inordinately large amount of time and in some places flicker as blank white squares (indicative of texture corruption in the patch files). Other than that, no issues so far. It would just be nice if you'd give us more details so we can see if the problem is on our end or if we need to simply wait for a renderer update in PoE itself.

"
Xtroll wrote:
Lol what a mess of a thread.

Quote: "a few users who are participating in the Vulkan Beta"

If you do not use Beta drivers for your graphic card, or have manually downloaded Vulkan beta drivers you are not affected by this issue.

Quote: "We've also noted that some DX11 users have missing textures. We're looking into this now."

This is most likely your problem and many others, so stop messing around with your Vulkan drivers :p

I must admit the OP is kind of poorly explained, but it's pretty clear when it addresses Vulkan Beta.


Actually, it isn't clear at all that the OP refers to Vulkan's own beta drivers, as "drivers" is not mentioned at all. Remember, PoE itself is using a beta of the Vullkan renderer. That's why clarification is being sought by players. There is too little detail for us to reliably go on here.
Last edited by SquishyTia on Jun 20, 2020, 1:01:54 AM
game looks really muted, like i am wearing :drunk" glasses. it looks hazy and dull is this the issue with vulkan drivers or are folks experiencing this dullness with reg drivers also?


yeah it looks like same hazy crap with dx11.....
Shitysushi(primary char) - Arrow shooting build.
Last edited by sendantes on Jun 20, 2020, 1:04:17 AM
Dunno what you did, but I cannot get above 62-63 fps in hideout on neither Vulkan or DX11, tried all possible configurations, removed graphic card from system and reinstalled with fresh, clean drivers, still no luck. 100% deli maps are not playable, lost couple fractured fossils to that.

Edit: My normal hideout is 140fps+ and I consider below 90 in maps as "choppy", yes I know, I am spoiled.
Last edited by N4rk0tyk on Jun 20, 2020, 1:05:47 AM
So, something I am noticing is that when in a "town" so far in acts 1 and 2, there is a good chance I crash. Does not happen when not in a town. But when in a town, I crash, and while not always, usually happens as I am trying to sell off stuff.

Just FYI.
Check graphics options ingame. Some of them changed after this patch. For example, i had bloom off - now it was on.
"
Tetrus wrote:
Check graphics options ingame. Some of them changed after this patch. For example, i had bloom off - now it was on.


Yes, I went into my hideout and everything looked different. Lighting was way different to how it usually is. Noticed that some settings had been changed.
Hey GGG, i noticed that when i started the game i was getting low fps (sub 50 when normally over 100). Upon taking Shadows + GI from Ultra to High my issue fixed itself. Hoping to provide some lead for you all figuring these Vulkan issues out. Thanks for making an Awesome game!!
Last edited by HYDROFYRE on Jun 20, 2020, 3:43:47 AM
I do not know about Gsynch but this league heated my gaming room...

Honestly guys .. complaining about graphic issues ? for real ? we went from 4 FPS to 116 FPS with STD builds when we discovered wulkan on poe ...

other than textures the only slightly annoying thing is that when i start poe there's a buzzing in my headset.
https://i.gyazo.com/e55cda0c501c296ee3223a8b7eae0854.jpg
8 players party is fun! Welcome on Path Of Exile
"
SquishyTia wrote:
"
Xtroll wrote:
Lol what a mess of a thread.

Quote: "a few users who are participating in the Vulkan Beta"

If you do not use Beta drivers for your graphic card, or have manually downloaded Vulkan beta drivers you are not affected by this issue.

Quote: "We've also noted that some DX11 users have missing textures. We're looking into this now."

This is most likely your problem and many others, so stop messing around with your Vulkan drivers :p

I must admit the OP is kind of poorly explained, but it's pretty clear when it addresses Vulkan Beta.


Actually, it isn't clear at all that the OP refers to Vulkan's own beta drivers, as "drivers" is not mentioned at all. Remember, PoE itself is using a beta of the Vullkan renderer. That's why clarification is being sought by players. There is too little detail for us to reliably go on here.


Wait what? They're tailoring the Vulkan Renderer for very specific drivers offered on the Vulkan website and none of the drivers offered by Nvidia/AMD????? What the fuck?! This was afaik never clearly mentioned at any time during and since the first Vulkan beta announcement and seems really strange to ignore regular driver releases.

Am waiting for the download to complete to see if they fixed Alt-Tabbing out and back to the game causing it to unoccupy the Taskbar space.

"
ggg wrote:
To update your drivers, please go into your Device Manager.
You realize for nearly a decade now Nvidia has suggested you DON'T use Device Manager to update/uninstall drivers right? It's in the Release Notes included with every driver release!
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 v2004 | AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Jun 20, 2020, 7:10:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info