Beta Vulkan Renderer

How is stability compared to DX11?

(If you reply, please state AMD or Nvidia.)
"
Lacceh wrote:
How is stability compared to DX11?

(If you reply, please state AMD or Nvidia.)

Nvidia. for me it's much more stable i no longer experience any stuttering that i used to experience when opening my first delirium of the game session and my fps have increased. in dx11 i reach 274 max fps in HO with lowest settings and on vulkan i was going above 300 regularly but some people have claimed that vulkan decreases their performance by a large margin so idk how it would be for you
It says my fps is more stable but the game feels more clunky and less responsive, like i have lag (but i don't have lag), so i don't know what to make of it.
"
DreamsofNax wrote:
The difference in performance was immediately noticeable, great patch.

Oh no! PoE already pushes the GPU heat and causes the fans to rev up more than any other game. Having that high of ambient temperature would certainly fry the gpu.  :)

"
First and foremost, Vulcan is very hot. Daytime temperatures routinely range from 43.3ºC (110ºF) to 51.6ºC (125ºF), and in the peak of summer can reach or exceed 65.5ºC (150ºF).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
DiabloPLUS wrote:
For all with grayed Renderer-option. Start the game and click the Options-button at the Login-Screen. Now you can change it into Vulkan.

Have fun!

get disconnected of login screen everytime i switch on new renderer....and my PC is a good one + gforce gtx 1660 ....so,wat's the problem ? can someone give some advice ?
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
"
rzuk892 wrote:
visible stutter/lag even in my hideout
Same here.

Also, my old problem still persists with Vulcan:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2533708
"
xxxcobaltxxx wrote:
get disconnected of login screen everytime i switch on new renderer....and my PC is a good one + gforce gtx 1660 ....so,wat's the problem ? can someone give some advice ?

The best thing you can do is post about the problem in the bug reports forum, with as much pertinent information as possible.
AMD - Radeon 5700XT & i7 9700k
Poor performance with Vulkan
Going from 100+FPS with DX11 to ~35 FPS with Vulkan, and some crashes also when I tried to run some maps.
Tried both with and without vsync, and all default settings.
With default settings I get some FPS improvements with Vulkan, but not anything close to DX11 with maxed settings.
Wasn't great for me.

I run in windowed, bordered and I sometimes minimise the game to do something else.

In DX11 it just comes back up (I make sure I'm in my HO or the graphics have to "catch up" with everything that happened in town).

In Vulkan, when I bring the minimised PoE window back up, it's just black inside the window frame.

It might just be taking a long time because it was the same when I switched from DX11 to Vulkan in the Options, it took a very long time with a black screen before it finally came right.

I'm just reporting what happened, not complaining, hope it helps.

P.s. Reason I tried it is that sometimes the game just crashes and disappears completely. I need to restart it from the Steam client. I was hoping Vulkan would stop that.
"
DreamsofNax wrote:
The difference in performance was immediately noticeable, great patch.

I reverted back to DX11 because this vulcan Community-BETA is not ready for primetime and significantly destroys any browser performance ...aka youtube.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info