Beta Vulkan Renderer

"
Baschbox wrote:
"
skycloud620 wrote:
how do i switch from whatever the heck i'm using to vulkan?

Go to the login screen.
Hit options -> Graphics -> you will see DirectX11 (Default)
Change it to Vulkan.

got disconnected every time i do this.......any advice for me ?
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
If it's "grayed", you can change it by editing a parameter in ini file, renderer=xxx
Valid values for xxx are either DirectX11 or Vulkan
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019
100% improvement for me. Can play on max everything except GI. GI halves my fps, but with it off I can now run a steady 60+ fps and no stutters at all. It feels great.
the improvements are noticeable, however i get screen tearing at times even with vsync on with vulcan, and i can't stand it.

leveling a new character right now which means i don't need vulcan anyway so back to dx11 so i don't have to see the tearing
When I press F1 it shows better FPS but I get visible stutter/lag even in my hideout and with vsnc on it's literally unplayable - it shows 60 FPS which actually looks like 10 FPS.

Back to DX11 ;/
Last edited by rzuk892 on May 29, 2020, 3:29:42 AM
Seems pretty solid so far. Has some issue with alt tabbing, but I'm sure they have a lot of optimization to go still on it.
Just had 5 disconnects in Simulacrum ... switched back to DX11 :(
"
dW2005 wrote:
If it's "grayed", you can change it by editing a parameter in ini file, renderer=xxx
Valid values for xxx are either DirectX11 or Vulkan

This is not good advice. If the option is grayed out even in the login screen, the first thing anyone should do is check if their gpu even supports the vulkan renderer.

People need to realize the grayout is there for a good reason before assuming it's a bug. Most intel integrated graphics for example doesn't support vulkan. So don't force it unless you want to test your luck on what would happen next.
"
rzuk892 wrote:
When I press F1 it shows better FPS but I get visible stutter/lag even in my hideout and with vsnc on it's literally unplayable - it shows 60 FPS which actually looks like 10 FPS.

Back to DX11 ;/

Same here. DX11 stable 75 FPS in hideout. Vulkan jumping 75->37->75 and screen moves like it's 5-10 FPS. Seems league trophies I have in my hideout need better GPU.
My builds:
3.8 75/75 block 7.5k HP Zombie/Skeleton build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2650898
Althought I've not need to use that renderer - have brand new PC working smooth on dx11 everything max - but i've tried and had mega lag when entering delve. Also alt-tab causes super annoying effect of black screen for a moment.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info