-

"
TicTacTris wrote:
Hi all, just started PoE, and found this guide and followed it to a tee. I really enjoy using this toxic rain build (similar to one of maplestory's classes), but I just saw that its no longer viable? I just finished Act 10 and was wondering if the PoB is still viable or I should get another character going?

Don't worry. TR is one of the Meta Builds. Its very viable, just this guide itself is a bit outdated.

Play Raider
Get 95%Evade 100%Suppression
Done.

"
Tried caustic on T14 blight farming (regular maps). I have roughly 4m TR DPS last I checked. Caustic felt good generally speaking, but was definitely not as good for blight encounters specifically. It probably is better for a lot of mechanics, but I think 3M DPS would be a sort of benchmark generally speaking for alched+ high-tier maps. I am running Carcass Jack so that may be giving my TR a lot more AoE in general clear than some people are experiencing, this skewing my impression.

With that increased AoE you barely have 1.5M dps tops. Learn how overlapping works.
I have no issues running T16 x10 Scourged with Delirium, sextants, scarabs, Zana map mod and a master mission with CA.
"
WilliamCZE wrote:

With that increased AoE you barely have 1.5M dps tops. Learn how overlapping works.
I have no issues running T16 x10 Scourged with Delirium, sextants, scarabs, Zana map mod and a master mission with CA.

Important distinction:

Caustic Arrow:
CA does not overlap. You always only get the Dmg from 1x Puddle
Area of Effect / Duration / Attackspeed dont matter. (only for spread/Quality of Life)

Toxic Rain:
For TR you want to read up on overlapping 5-pods, AoE / Attackspeed / Effect Duration matters a lot.

"
Schejian wrote:

Auras are: Grace+Malevolence+Defiance Banner.
I prefer Ballista to apply the Withering Stacks as they have a way faster placement time, totems are sturdier but too slow to place for me.
Didn't notice much difference between 5-link and 6-link Ballista, to be honest. They are mostly there to apply the 15Withering Stacks on bosses.

Regarding your Tree:

I'd say, get rid of all the 13Points going to "Graceful Assault" and the 5Points from "Influence" (not needed, you got enough mana left).

Put the Points to Pathing to Reflexes /Exceptional Performance / Profane Chemetry / Constitution.

This will give you +300-400 more life and about 8% more DPS.

You could also look into getting rid of the North part of you tree and grab the Jewelslots+Frenzy Charges insteas (as you are running Avater of Slaughter, they might be quite valueable)

thank you again, did some changes in skilltree and craft some items

POB : https://pastebin.com/eDHCauPH

Last edited by Tahk90 on Nov 9, 2021, 5:02:15 PM
"
Schejian wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:

Important distinction:

Caustic Arrow:
Area of Effect / Duration / Attackspeed dont matter. (only for spread/Quality of Life)

Toxic Rain:
For TR you want to read up on overlapping 5-pods, AoE / Attackspeed / Effect Duration matters a lot.

You mind pointing me to an authoritative source for the AoE breakpoints? I actually attempted to research this at one time but couldn't find an obviously good source on it with real numbers/data. That's one of the reasons my first post in this whole thread is asking if this thread was an authoritative source on Raider Toxic Rain 3.16. It's pretty ironic knowing it's an outdated Deadeye build, but here we are.

None of the guides I can find pass all of the following checks: 1) multi-seasoned expert on Toxic Rain Raider, 2) currently plays the build and has theorycrafted to great length with the changes to the tree as of 3.16, 3) has put in the effort to make a proper guide with all the relevant information readily available. I've found a few people who pass 2 out of 3 of the criteria, but I really need all 3 in order to put my trust in their build. So, in the meantime, I've just sort of looked at 3 or 4 different build guides all with various strengths and weaknesses based on the initial criteria I'm looking at, and tweaked the build to my own liking.

For the record, I'm not complaining about my build. It feels quite powerful, and I'll be getting a Headhunter soon which will change a lot of things for the better I suppose. Nevertheless, there's a number of things about my build I could certainly change for the better, so I would appreciate some help with it, honestly. It looks having an in-depth understanding of how AoE works with TR would be the best place to start.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfSWYPXd9prVxf5v_DoqtIQ
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/snoobae85
"
"
Schejian wrote:
"
WilliamCZE wrote:

Important distinction:

Caustic Arrow:

Toxic Rain:

You mind pointing me to an authoritative source for the AoE breakpoints? I actually attempted to research this at one time but couldn't find an obviously good source on it with real numbers/data. That's one of the reasons my first post in this whole thread is asking if this thread was an authoritative source on Raider Toxic Rain 3.16. It's pretty ironic knowing it's an outdated Deadeye build, but here we are.

None of the guides I can find pass all of the following checks: 1) multi-seasoned expert on Toxic Rain Raider, 2) currently plays the build and has theorycrafted to great length with the changes to the tree as of 3.16, 3) has put in the effort to make a proper guide with all the relevant information readily available. I've found a few people who pass 2 out of 3 of the criteria, but I really need all 3 in order to put my trust in their build. So, in the meantime, I've just sort of looked at 3 or 4 different build guides all with various strengths and weaknesses based on the initial criteria I'm looking at, and tweaked the build to my own liking.

For the record, I'm not complaining about my build. It feels quite powerful, and I'll be getting a Headhunter soon which will change a lot of things for the better I suppose. Nevertheless, there's a number of things about my build I could certainly change for the better, so I would appreciate some help with it, honestly. It looks having an in-depth understanding of how AoE works with TR would be the best place to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3Rfi2Yq4Q
Sry but where did u guy get toxic rain raider build ? and did remi build still good for starter to endgame really ? cuz i see alot of complain on this forume thank for answer
Last edited by m_malphis on Nov 11, 2021, 3:31:04 PM
still didn't start yet so thank for help
Last edited by m_malphis on Nov 11, 2021, 3:32:05 PM
Ok so maybe someone can help me out here. Remi says in his Gem section that conc effect is a viable option now.
But I stumbled across a reddit post from him saying "you want your pod radius to be as large as possible, while your rain radius as small as possible". He explained different scenarios with anomalous conc effect and aoe modifiers.
But tbh I'm actually a bit lost here and don't know if I screw myself over now.

I'm using regular conc effect atm with a 20/20 Toxic Rain and 20% additional aoe from the tree.
"
dEus__ wrote:
Ok so maybe someone can help me out here. Remi says in his Gem section that conc effect is a viable option now.
But I stumbled across a reddit post from him saying "you want your pod radius to be as large as possible, while your rain radius as small as possible". He explained different scenarios with anomalous conc effect and aoe modifiers.
But tbh I'm actually a bit lost here and don't know if I screw myself over now.

I'm using regular conc effect atm with a 20/20 Toxic Rain and 20% additional aoe from the tree.

The Reddit post you're reading is old and doesn't apply anymore.
Check the YouTube video 3 posts before yours, with the same discussion.
Keep the conc effect.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info