-

Are you mapping with caustic? What are those 2 gem swaps? xD
"
duquefbatina wrote:
Are you mapping with caustic? What are those 2 gem swaps? xD

I sure am.

Arrow Nova + Caustic Arrow for Faster Attacks and Toxic Rain.
Thanks for the help! I'm actually trying to mimic your setup, and it's been working MUCH better!
"
duquefbatina wrote:
Thanks for the help! I'm actually trying to mimic your setup, and it's been working MUCH better!

With the Quill Rain CA won't be doing much damage. Also don't use Concentrated Effect on it, use Arrow Nova. Plus be aware I run a completely different tree.
Last edited by WilliamCZE on Nov 7, 2021, 6:25:30 PM
Hi all, thanks to everyone that has been helping out the players while I was away. But I plan to discontinue this guide as of now.

If you want more reasons, please to go my discord server instead (https://discord.gg/XAREVfd), as my initial post about the discontinuation with greater detail of the guide was deleted by support due to being "inappropriate".

Post deletion

Thanks for all the support throughout the years, I hope everyone have a great Scourge league!

I cast remi - a very beginner friendly guide : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2866127
Support me if you want to! ttv/remicaster1
Last edited by Remicaster1 on Nov 7, 2021, 10:04:54 PM
WilliamCZE is right. Caustic Arrow + Nova clear feels really good.

Too bad it lacks on Boss DPS, so if you want to do Bosses (Guardians etc.) you'll want to switch back to Mirage+Toxic Rain for them.

You'll also want some (minimal) +pierce for CA, to make it really shine.
We can get +3Pierce for 3Points on Tree for that.

"
Schejian wrote:
WilliamCZE is right. Caustic Arrow + Nova clear feels really good.

Too bad it lacks on Boss DPS, so if you want to do Bosses (Guardians etc.) you'll want to switch back to Mirage+Toxic Rain for them.

You'll also want some (minimal) +pierce for CA, to make it really shine.
We can get +3Pierce for 3Points on Tree for that.

You can easily kill map bosses with that setup, the ballistas are just too strong.
Tried caustic on T14 blight farming (regular maps). I have roughly 4m TR DPS last I checked. Caustic felt good generally speaking, but was definitely not as good for blight encounters specifically. It probably is better for a lot of mechanics, but I think 3M DPS would be a sort of benchmark generally speaking for alched+ high-tier maps. I am running Carcass Jack so that may be giving my TR a lot more AoE in general clear than some people are experiencing, this skewing my impression.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfSWYPXd9prVxf5v_DoqtIQ
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/snoobae85
"
Tried caustic on T14 blight farming (regular maps). I have roughly 4m TR DPS last I checked. Caustic felt good generally speaking, but was definitely not as good for blight encounters specifically. It probably is better for a lot of mechanics, but I think 3M DPS would be a sort of benchmark generally speaking for alched+ high-tier maps. I am running Carcass Jack so that may be giving my TR a lot more AoE in general clear than some people are experiencing, this skewing my impression.

Yeah, Caustic Arrow has unparalleled clear (give it a try, people!). But it's not designed to be a Bosskiller. You'll need a lot of dps to make it feel good. (CA doesn't benefit from Attackspeed and Increased Duration, at all)

You can still do Bosses once your DPS is High-Enough of course, but the BigOnes (Guardians / BlightBosses) will still be annoying.

E.g: I'm at 8M TR DPS (nonboss). CA Fells great for mapping. But will Still swap back to TR for BlightMaps/Guardians.
Last edited by Schejian on Nov 9, 2021, 5:37:32 AM
Hi all, just started PoE, and found this guide and followed it to a tee. I really enjoy using this toxic rain build (similar to one of maplestory's classes), but I just saw that its no longer viable? I just finished Act 10 and was wondering if the PoB is still viable or I should get another character going?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info