Please be honest

"
trixxar wrote:
"
Yes i like him it's quite fun especially the last phase now.
Easily doable with not insane gear it's mostly a skill check and the difficulty is really okay.
A bit too easy in my opinion at some points i'd like to have less time to react on some spell (like maze etc) but his die combo is scary and that make the fight a bit of a thrill each time for me.

Storm brand archmage, of course its not too difficult.

I do it with all my character, my league starter was my arc assassin that rely on power charge + frenzy with badge of brotherhood and i have no way to generate them on this fight so he have actually around 700-800k dps and bad defense.
I do it on my divine ire inquisitor (self made from scratch) deathless too i actually do it mostly on this caracter because i love divine ire and the fight isnt easy.
I made the stormbrand archmage to one shot shaper really fast to farm the hideout (got it in 24hours of farming the shaper with it that was the sole purpose of that character).
I even did it with my shit stormcall character that have 8.5 cast speed per sec and stand still way too much in my opinion.
To vanquish without perils is to triumph without glory.
I do. I like fighting Sirus because he doesnt just straight up do absurd damage and 1 shot no matter what(except meteor, which although is really easy to dodge even with 0 movement speed, i still dont like that). Unlike shaper balls for example, you can get enough defence to survive his attacks.

I also like that hes fight is full of mechanics. Shaper fight in comparison is half auto attack and half split between his abilities. The clone in the final phase does make things more interesting, but still easy. Sirus on the other hand, youre lucky if he fits 2 auto attacks between his abilities.

My last argument is the lack of unremovable degen ground filling up the arena. Shaper, elder and uber elder all have this awful mechanic. If you dont have enough damage, you cannot kill the boss. It becomes more of a dps check than a skill check. Damage nowadays is pretty easy to achieve, so its not as big of a deal as before, but still the fact that the effective arena is shrinking is just awful.

Uber elder is still better than sirus though. It requires alot of skill to dodge the stuff you need to dodge(shaper balls, beam, degen ground etc, all at once), a good amount of defense to survive and recover from elder hits and a good amount of damage to not wear yourself out and get sloppy. Sirus just takes either a bit of skill to dodge hes beams or alot of defence to not die from them.
Check out ”Bjorns Boss Services” here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2119500
After completing the service,please vouch my thread,vouches are greatly appreciated!
"
Thor_Inica wrote:
I do. I like fighting Sirus because he doesnt just straight up do absurd damage and 1 shot no matter what(except meteor, which although is really easy to dodge even with 0 movement speed, i still dont like that). Unlike shaper balls for example, you can get enough defence to survive his attacks.

I also like that hes fight is full of mechanics. Shaper fight in comparison is half auto attack and half split between his abilities. The clone in the final phase does make things more interesting, but still easy. Sirus on the other hand, youre lucky if he fits 2 auto attacks between his abilities.

My last argument is the lack of unremovable degen ground filling up the arena. Shaper, elder and uber elder all have this awful mechanic. If you dont have enough damage, you cannot kill the boss. It becomes more of a dps check than a skill check. Damage nowadays is pretty easy to achieve, so its not as big of a deal as before, but still the fact that the effective arena is shrinking is just awful.

Uber elder is still better than sirus though. It requires alot of skill to dodge the stuff you need to dodge(shaper balls, beam, degen ground etc, all at once), a good amount of defense to survive and recover from elder hits and a good amount of damage to not wear yourself out and get sloppy. Sirus just takes either a bit of skill to dodge hes beams or alot of defence to not die from them.

good gamer vision, and i agree i enjoy uber elder far more.
ty
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
"
Thor_Inica wrote:

ty

yes Uber elder is by far the better bossfight of this game it's a shame it's gatted by such an high cost it's like 3 exalt/fight so i can't train it a lot sadly.
And not many players ask for carry too unlike sirus that i did over 100times this season.
Sirus is a good fight overall but it's a bit "underwhelming" in my opinion to be the "main antagonist" of the atlas right now.
Hope they'll make some uberhard skilled boss even more than UberElder for PoE 2
notably some casual players are making ironic comments, so I feel the importance of mentioning something, nobody here I believe is unable to complete the fight against Sirius, again we need to explain, we are just debating the quality of this content, apparently the majority of the players do not approve. and I make this comment without fear, just to clarify, being a free space, we can say what we think. so if have not an opinion to share with ppl, just don't disturb please.

"
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
"
Thor_Inica wrote:

Uber elder is still better than sirus though. It requires alot of skill to dodge the stuff you need to dodge(shaper balls, beam, degen ground etc, all at once), a good amount of defense to survive and recover from elder hits and a good amount of damage to not wear yourself out and get sloppy. Sirus just takes either a bit of skill to dodge hes beams or alot of defence to not die
ty

yes Uber elder is by far the better bossfight of this game it's a shame it's gatted by such an high cost it's like 3 exalt/fight so i can't train it a lot sadly.
And not many players ask for carry too unlike sirus that i did over 100times this season.
Sirus is a good fight overall but it's a bit "underwhelming" in my opinion to be the "main antagonist" of the atlas right now.
Hope they'll make some uberhard skilled boss even more than UberElder for PoE 2

one of the best coments here... seems you got alot of good loot there?!! hahahahahahahahaha
Last edited by KaiserBlade42 on May 26, 2020, 4:00:00 PM
loot disparity is quite big on sirus but there are a lot of interesting things to drop on him.
The most common are the gauntlet that can actually be really expensive if you decide to vaal them yourself and i like that
the woke gem disparity + saviour etc.
Overall it's easy to make currency farming it
On the other hand on uber elder it's mostly watcher eyes and im really unlucky on them (best i had was like 8ex but overall if i'd pay 3 exalt for each try im in the negative by far)
and few good unique (i LOVE shroud of eternity but sadly the price went down real bad this league after the harold meta)
One of the buggies poorest designed fight in the game. And less rewarding than shaper elder. Takes way too long to spawn and the fight gets bugged so easily based on his location and yours. If you go on the wrong side of the storm you can get stuck in a corner or he gets stuck floating for minutes at a time. The only solution I've found is to do 60m dps and kill him before mechanics can take effect.
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
"
KaiserBlade42 wrote:
Do you like Sirius fight??
regardless of the answer, please say why. i will count all to make some conclusions.

Probably my most favorite boss fight in the game.
Mechanically you can complete him without taking any damage from him, stats and defense are there just as a safety net, but all of the damage is avoidable through movement/placement/dodging.
The very fact that "if you are skilled enough you can beat him with 1 hp" is orgasmic.
There is no DPS check either, unlike some other boss fights where you need to have a certain level of dps to counter certain mechanics, Sirus almost doesn't have that(the only thing he does is leave degen zones after every Ever Lasting Fire)
The amount of threats I need to avoid is also within sane limits: Sirus + his projection or the Ever Lasting fire rotating.
So I don't have to track shitloads of projectiles from every possible direction to try to avoid and dodge things which makes it obviously much harder. Thus Sirus is in a good place of challenging but not overwhelming when it comes to number of threats to avoid.
The entire fight feels like a mano a mano fight, no distractions, just big fucking hits that you can avoid.
Here is two frustrations that players might encounter with him that I did and got over real quick:
Spoiler
1.Losing sight of him. Sirus at his most powerful when you let him slip away without having a clue as to where he went. Once I started paying attention to him more seriously, this no longer became a problem.
2. Having a slow movement skill which makes it harder to react fast enough to nimbly avoid things. After I switched away from my leap slam to dash which was much more responsive, the fight got a lot easier.

Besides that, bugs with Sirus early on in his release would no doubt sour peoples opinion of him. It took a while for GGG to make him consistent and not pull out shit like teleporting people into storms. All of that left a worse impression of him than it should.

Lastly the music is one of the best, gets me hype every time. In addition to the sound effects that feel very punchy and impactful. I feel exhilaration fighting him.

"
RitualMurder wrote:
One of the buggies poorest designed fight in the game. And less rewarding than shaper elder. Takes way too long to spawn and the fight gets bugged so easily based on his location and yours. If you go on the wrong side of the storm you can get stuck in a corner or he gets stuck floating for minutes at a time. The only solution I've found is to do 60m dps and kill him before mechanics can take effect.

there is a good way to manage the storm during the fight it's to go bottom left 1st 2nd quarter top left 3rd one.
This way you can make the arena come back really quickly.
and in the last phase storm are not a problem anymore

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info