Please be honest

Nope, I only sell the fights.
But also my build isn't good for bossing so I'm biased.
Sirus himself is fun to fight until his last phase. the teleport of him sucks in the end phase. Starts a everlasting fire &ports away. You have to quick find him or get offscreened by his die-beam.
Next thing, sometimes sirus stands in his doomstorm and needs endless to leave it. In the meantime all the other doomstorms make space and closing the entry... Hahaha rly funny.
My resumee: keep sirus as he is but plz do something with the doomstorms. They are just poorly implemented and the logic feels like from a hobby gamemaker that has no experience and tries around in his first unity project. Cmon GGG you can do better.
last league? Yes, this league? No

both directly and indirectly he got buffed this league, but it was a buff in difficulty from frustration. Feels like lots of bugs were introduced as well as consistency removed from his more dangerous attacks.

a real shame as last league i thought he was tame but fun much like shaper.
I have a completely OP Cospri's build that can wreck 20/20 Simulacrum. I have also watched probably 5 videos on Sirus. After not even being able to locate him I have other people do the fight for me. That is embarrassing for me and frankly for GGG. So, hell yes the fight needs to change or be removed.
"
MrWonderful99 wrote:
I have a completely OP Cospri's build that can wreck 20/20 Simulacrum. I have also watched probably 5 videos on Sirus. After not even being able to locate him I have other people do the fight for me. That is embarrassing for me and frankly for GGG. So, hell yes the fight needs to change or be removed.

You're unable to do it, so the game needs to change? There is clearly people who know how to do it because you recruit them to do it for you.

You could learn to do it as well. That is an option.
END LEAGUE RANT TIME:

as someone who has done all the top bosses (Cortex, UElder, Catharina blablub):

Sirus A8 is the worst fight for me, the one i don't like to do most and wouldn't seek out if not forced upon automatically.
oh, to be fair, i dislike UAtziri as well.

no, its not difficult, just frustrating, as i have to get close to apply damage. its obviously not designed for that.
It also needs special mitigation (corrupted blood), which you don't really find out if not searching for it out of game, so its literally a noob trap on a "story boss".

infuriatingly so, Sirus can be a cakewalk with mitigation and passive damage. its the ONLY boss that so dramatically does this (zoom zoom death-ray zoom zoom), and there are some questionable ones in the game already.

then, the bugs. yes, stairs now stay free...only for 3 storms to block the way 2m after the stairs. happened 3 times this league for me. jump through the storms or give up, you may lose a few portals, though luck buddy.
also, onehit after starting the fight out of nowhere, happened 2 times (lag? 2 times? hm...).

also, Sirus loves to teleport into the deathwheel, out of the arena, into a storm...good luck following him. btw, is that by design, or buggy? not even sure.

so, just git gud, learn the moves, right?
i know the moves. its dark on dark colour. it must be me, but i can't follow him 25% of the time, even if i focus on him and his tiny white stripes when he moves. and that is enough for a "bad hit" to land, statistically that assures onehits for lack of visibility.

hm...what else. it's phases. chill/chill/chill/deathphase. progression doesn't seem to be in GGG's vocabulary, nor showing different attacks slowly before ramping them up, so you can learn, not like ELDER/SHAPER do, and players love to fight, right?

i still wonder what could have gone wrong so badly with Sirus. where are the ppl who designed Shaper/Elder/UElder? and who tried to fix Sirus, how many times now, and left us with...this?
well, UElder last phase is a bit messy too...now that i think about it...maybe it makes sense? ;)

RANT OFF ;)

p.s. oh yea, nearly forgot the "i will stay here in the storm now, if you don't move i won't either, lets see who blinks first" phase. classic for a boss.
Last edited by TNM001 on May 28, 2020, 4:20:15 PM
+1
agrees with each negative note.
I don't know what ggg is going to do going forward. This expansion was just released and the main endgame boss fight has been a trainwreck.

After I don't know how many hotfixes later, the storms stopped serving any purpose whatsoever.

The entire fight has 2 main colors: red and black. This seems to be a thing among game devs these days where they think they're adding more theme and immersion by blending their bosses into the terrain.

Sirus has been released for half a year and there's still major bugs that can screw you over.

The boss camps the entrance with his die beams if you log out or die and reenter.

The boss is designed to try to kite players which feels awful. He constantly teleports and does his signature 1 shot move and the only visual cue is a few frames of him facing the direction he's teleporting which is bad on its own because the telegraphed nature of that does not match the lethality it brings.

like cmon, who exactly was complaining about uber elder? It was a hard fight to be honest it still might be the hardest fight in the game yet I have no complaints about it. There's no silly bugs plaguing the encounter. Everything is visualized and telegraphed properly. The color theme is almost all gray but for some reason nothing is hard to see in that fight.

What we need is to have the lore get uber elder back and kill sirus and retake the position of the final endgame boss.
I thought I liked the Sirus fight, until (what I think was) the last phase, where I was just blown to bits repeatedly. Difficulty curve there seemed like too sharp a turn upward.
"
Nubatron wrote:
There is clearly people who know how to do it because you recruit them to do it for you.

You could learn to do it as well. That is an option.

VD spellslinger. Not saying that makes your arguments invalid, but its not helping them either.

Kinda like posting the fight is great when youve been playing archmage brand skills.

Yeah, on my 75k armor jugg, betrayal content is balanced.... must mean its fine.

Last edited by trixxar on May 30, 2020, 2:45:52 AM
NO. the fight sucks

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info