Integrating League Stories into Existing Lore

"
Linear_Alphas wrote:
I think Torment was too underwhelming. But the idea was great, so if POE 2 can have these ghosts but with better loot and opportunities, that would be great!

Improve tormented spirit AI so they aren't so frickin' lazy about seeking out Rares to bond with, and make the bonding process not take significantly longer than the time it takes for the projectile spell you're already in the middle of casting at the same time you realize the ghost is even on the screen to close the distance.
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
tsHavok wrote:
I want to see much more harbinger!

This.

Also maybe introduce an alternative way (explained by new lore) to do engame besides maps.

The story behind maps are an old pair shoes which was explained/digested to death.

Time for something new.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
I find POE lore to be interesting to say the least. When things like Conquers of Atlas get put in, both nodding to previous leagues players/you, having plenty of 4th wall commentary on grind and such, it really feels awesome to have players be integrated into the lore in such a tasteful fashion.
My initial understanding was that the atlas works outside of time, so while exiles go into it and spend days, weeks, years in it, time hardly passes in the real world. And thus lot of the events get to happen and neatly fit in the time frame the new player finishes the acts and then themselves get to the atlas.

That would also explain why you can fight the elder and shaper, even though they were defeated by the Conquers of Atlas. That or the atlas is shaping itself to out expectations from the stories we heard.
Really how many of the people we meet in the atlas are real? Can you really explain 3 Juns standing next to each other otherwise? What about the Zana outside of the map, not lining up with the Zana inside of the maps.
Either time itself is distorted, or the people we meet aren't real.
Hell there is many wonderfully mad explanations as to how all of the gameplay mechanics fit together and I am really interested in what you guys will pick out as the explanation or the most likely theory...
Give us a Legacy league 2 before we go for POE2 !
Please let us enjoy a mix that we choose of our favourite leagues !
And maybe a NPC that explains all of the previous leagues when asked so.
Like that every new player can have a chance to test and learn all the fun mechanics of the game, and the other players can enjoy again the leagues they loved !
Is it intentional that you mentioned Blight as the one league where "the npc's talk about purging the blight before having encountered Cassia" if there never was an Endgame to Blight and Metamorph? Both leagues had hints at "there is more" but we never got it
I surely remember Talisman, one of my favorite leagues, ironically enough it appears it's you the ggg who doesn't.

bringing back the talismans in the game as drops and as a syndicate mechanic without bringing back the altar too is just rude.

I also remember getting some of the best cosmetic rewards for doing challenges, opposed to getting weapon effect/helmet attachment/a small pet & back attachments every league, but again appears you forgot about that. thankfully I grabbed the rigwald's set before the back attachment spam started.
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
-----------------------------------------------
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
Last edited by kole on May 13, 2020, 6:14:05 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
nice ty!

bring back synthesis and memorys! pls!
pls

This!

Synthesis was great in terms of expanding the story.
Hopefully, an improved version of Synthesis will get added to the core in a more meaningful way that it is now.
actually lore is more complicated than LOTR. if u want fix the lore than put the timeline and bring the age our character ıf our character getting older each league pass this more realistic so for example ı open essence league character and many league pass my character getting older visually this super cool

another thing talismans are useless nowadays because corrupted and unchanged stats at least u should allow the annoınt or reroll the corrupted ıtem reroll orb need ıf u make this u can allow the new oppurnities new build possibilities we ll make

another thing u can give me one servant or maid nothing do special only freely could walk and actively speech our servants he/she ask to us how s ur exile or say to welcome our home visitors this really super cool

another thing u should put the flask mtx ppl really bought this mana life and utility flasks seperated effects when we use particular effect ppl loved ı m sure ıt

"
ShuffleInc wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
nice ty!

bring back synthesis and memorys! pls!
pls

This!

Synthesis was great in terms of expanding the story.
Hopefully, an improved version of Synthesis will get added to the core in a more meaningful way that it is now.

+1. In my 9 years of playing this game, Synthesis was the best piece of content I've ever experienced. feels like more time went into making Synthesis' lore only than it did for the whole delirium "content".
Synthesised Synthesis of Synthetic Synthesising
Revert 3.7 melee changes | Tfw Synthesis still not core | REVERT SUNDER
IGN: JustineㆍFlorbelle [Removed by Support] imagine being a forum janitor lmao
Please, PLEASE expand on Talisman (or Ezomyr in general) lore.

Synthesis and Blight would also be interesting to see, as they offer some interesting lore.

Last, but certainly not least, Harbinger. This is the number one league I would like to see built upon in terms of lore.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info