Integrating League Stories into Existing Lore

"
Rossmallo wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
bring back synthesis and memorys! pls!

I second this for the lore perspective. So much cool stuff and voiceacting lost to the sands of time.

+1

so many good lore and nice story was lost... and so much work with voiceacting too!

also synth was not bad at all
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
i wne see hell with good design , and fix sirus fight,
add auto loot :p
I'd like to see at least some different voice lines regarding the bandit choices we make.

I'd like to see more gods appear, and more friendly or neutral gods too, surely it's not all corruption and evil.

I'd like to see, however small, permanency in a player's choice. I really like the karui shores being unlocked after beating Awakener, things like that are neat, and they don't have to be so big, as small as moving a few doodads in town after each quest would make the world feel much much more alive.

Heck, maybe remove some debris after a quest is completed, making you feel like you're helping a town prosper with your actions.

NPCs that move. I know racers would hate this, but I was never on the side of racers, I don't think the game should cater to them primarily.

Like in Diablo 2 there's NPCs that walk around town, and it makes it feel much more alive to compare it to PoE where every NPC has their one spot and doesn't move.

Again, it doesn't have to be much, a couple paces at least just to give that feeling of an actual person and not an avatar for a shop/quest board.

Also, triggered audio > interact-able lore

to elaborate, it's much easier to immerse yourself when your character has something to say about what's going on around you versus you having to click on an interactable scroll and listen to a voice narrate a story

Not everything, but I'd prefer the majority to be this way. And it doesn't have to be just the player character talking, it can be things like when Utula can be heard in act 5 rallying followers of Kitava. More triggered voice lines, sound effects, even some random environmental effects, maybe a dust cloud in a narrow passage of a desert layout, or fog akin delirium flowing out of a boss room in the prison layout.

I could go on, but it's 4 am and idk what I'm doing this late lol
so you know about integrating league lore into an existing timeline yet synthesis lore, which was the most lore intensive league is basically non-existent. bit sad, isn't it? it didnt even touch current events as it was about valdo's fate, venarius' life and random memories with rich lore content

"
TreeOfDead wrote:
nice ty!

bring back synthesis and memorys! pls!

add more lore to dominus, niko, delve, perandus, cadiro, beyonds pls

I feel like cadiro and the perandus family had their fair share of participation in the eternal empire lore. Dominus while being the villain for the first acts could use some lore elements here and there other than being at the absolute top of everything (but that's a common thing among High Templars, I guess)

And beyond feels too similar to breach

+1 on delve, especially the Aul´s civilization both after and before the uprising. Or proto-vaal civilization, as ggg seems to call it. Despite loving stone, they have better aesthetics than most things in PoE...
i enjoy such insights into the development process and also the talk at exilecon was great.

however, all this theory and then there is sirus. he's the anti thesis of all these principles. he's suddenly there. some lore bits and pieces appear as sheets of paper on the ground (very immersive /s). and also zana doesnt gaf and just pushes you into his citadel that also appeared out of nowhere. he may not violate the day zero rule, but he violates all other rules of good story telling.

i hope future additions don't suffer from these problems.

edit: regarding delirium, the voice lines and progression are very well done.
Last edited by dachoppa on May 12, 2020, 10:18:06 PM
As much of Rigwald's story and rise/fall of the Vaal empire as possible, please! Some info about Perandus family wouldn't hurt. And most of all, how Betrayal happened?! How Catarina convinced/forced the others to join her cause? Also story of sindicate members (i would love to know a little more of Riker and Cameria) :)
Interesting post

My main feedback on lore is that it's a shame we are now missing out on a lot of great stuff from the past, namely the Shaper/Elder story, and Synthesis. I feel like all three of them have been reduced to GENERIC SUPER DUPER BAD GUY status which is a real shame because all of their stories were told so well originally. Maybe this is too much to ask though. Imagine having all 3 of
shaper/elder, synthesis, and the conquerers as alternate endgames that you could play though with their full lore intact, though...

"
dachoppa wrote:
however, all this theory and then there is sirus. he's the anti thesis of all these principles. he's suddenly there. some lore bits and pieces appear as sheets of paper on the ground (very immersive /s). and also zana doesnt gaf and just pushes you into his citadel that also appeared out of nowhere. he may not violate the day zero rule, but he violates all other rules of good story telling.

i hope future additions don't suffer from these problems.

Also 100% agree with this. The execution of all lore related to Sirus is sorely lacking, especially when compared to Shaper/Elder and Synthesis. The handling of the other 4 conquerers is pretty good, though.
Last edited by Fightgarr on May 12, 2020, 10:27:05 PM
Hot take: Path of Exile 2 takes place in Cavas/Venarius' revised history, there was never an exile that killed Kitava (it was the Templar Order), and Oriath never fell.
IRON MAN
Well I liked delirium but most delirium 'orbs' and I hope them alone go core. And from the past things, I think my favorite is Harbinger and Beyond, tho Harbinger can do with some more bosses and lore. But I enjoy most of the league mechanics, except for talisman ;x

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info