[3.20] ❄️❄️ Velyna's Hollow Palm Ice Crash ❄️ ❄️ Leaguestart Section | Hidden and Feared Viable

"
sendantes wrote:
i ll be honest, i find pob fork and pob original to be pretty faulty. I cant get either one to accurately calculate the brutal restraint jewel, i do not think it is able to yet.

this is the best way to measure your dmg.
the easiest most harmless boss in the endgame is regular elder. in his first phase the first 5-7seconds he literally does nothing. you gauge your dmg on him with how quickly you can phase him out of his first phase :)

i know my dps is pretty good as i can phase him without him using his freeze skill on me, before he goes into the ground. also, i ll be honest, sheet dps is also a good gauge.

my trash sheet dps as an impaler hollow palmer is 260k and my single target is 648k. with lion's roar flask and vaal ancestral and reg ancestral totem and 7 frenzys my sheet dps jumps into 3+ mil range-ish? which is prolly like 30mil or something, and i certainly cant find a way to accurately show that on any pob.

edit the item with the bonuses to notables it gives.
"
Velyna wrote:
By the time you grab the other dps increases from gems/enchants/jewels etc, your tree probably won't be an issue. Personally I still take soul of steel for the armour+max res+all res.

I think there's a core portion of the tree that we have, and what looks like the last maybe 16 points are quite open - partially dictated by brutal restraint. (+4 dex to nodes and whatever notable bonuses will most likely make them better than options without it)

For those wondering, that's why I go up to forces of nature - +4 dex per node, and a +20 on forces itself.

The max res/all res on soul are decent, it's not too much armor though - but it is decent. You could also achieve a similar effect pathing to vigour (+1 endurance charge, since enduring composure gives us 4, but we cap at 3)

Cloth and chain can be decent, the jewel notable above sentinel is pretty awesome too (jewel stats are wild this league, it's very easy to get an all res / dual res / life, and slam phys on it, making it a 2% damage node, 7% life, and 56 total res)
Cloth and chain being 16 all res 36%evasion/armor (48 total res for 2 points)
The jewel notable above sentinel comes out to 18+18+24+30 / 7 life / 16% increased something for 3. That's 7 life, 90 total res / 16 damage for 3 points.

You could also path above acrobatics, for another frenzy charge (more damage, attack speed, evasion, movement speed), blood drinker, and yet another jewel up there.

Weathered hunter is 18 all res, 20 dex and some worthless accuracy for 3 passives as well.

Ultimately those points are going to be entirely gear / playstyle dependant, and the min/ max on them is paper-thin.

Currently I'm taking 5-6 extra 5% life nodes over some extra damage, and sitting around 5850 life. For me, this outweighs the 1% max allres... I think

(This stuff drives me nuts)
that feel when too poor to play this build
Enjoying the build, a little confused on how I handle the mana reservation. I searched so I apologize if someone said something but I couldn't find anything.

Hatred/Blood and Sand/Spider and I have 5 mana left, Ice Crash is 27 mana...what am I missing? thanks :)
"
vantro wrote:
Enjoying the build, a little confused on how I handle the mana reservation. I searched so I apologize if someone said something but I couldn't find anything.

Hatred/Blood and Sand/Spider and I have 5 mana left, Ice Crash is 27 mana...what am I missing? thanks :)

Your hatred and blood and sand are linked with second wind, making them cost more mana. 4 link = bad
"
Slottm wrote:
"
vantro wrote:

Your hatred and blood and sand are linked with second wind, making them cost more mana. 4 link = bad

Wow, I'm an idiot. I figured it had no effect on them. Thank you.
What anoint for the amu will be good? dont find it in the guide...

sry, find it in the pob :D
Last edited by Metamorphose82 on Jul 13, 2020, 2:57:22 PM
Just killed Sirus 8 with this and I’ve been tinkering with it a little bit. I tweaked the tree to get access to that medium cluster and split personality at 94, and dropped the endurance charge small cluster entirely. Enduring Cry has been amazing especially with second wind on some of the more interesting boss fights. I had to give up the warchief totem to do this but it feels worth it to me. I still have a lot of work to do (enchants, awakened multistrike) but I’m very proud of the amulet I crafted.

Character is public, I don’t have an up to date PoB handy. I am super curious about the tree, based on the comments above. Guess it’s time to crack things open and see what’s available.

The flat phys on my rings is bad, I need to craft ele damage. How do you get those dang enchants? I’ve not seen any available.
Last edited by Mishrak on Jul 14, 2020, 1:26:57 PM
"
Mishrak wrote:
Just killed Sirus 8 with this and I’ve been tinkering with it a little bit. I tweaked the tree to get access to that medium cluster and split personality at 94, and dropped the endurance charge small cluster entirely. Enduring Cry has been amazing especially with second wind on some of the more interesting boss fights. I had to give up the warchief totem to do this but it feels worth it to me. I still have a lot of work to do (enchants, awakened multistrike) but I’m very proud of the amulet I crafted.

Character is public, I don’t have an up to date PoB handy. I am super curious about the tree, based on the comments above. Guess it’s time to crack things open and see what’s available.

The flat phys on my rings is bad, I need to craft ele damage. How do you get those dang enchants? I’ve not seen any available.

Wow, nice amulet! How did you craft it? How much did you spend? I'm a new player (joined in 2013, but played for 2 weeks and stopped), so I would be grateful if you could share it!
Last edited by jvpcosta on Jul 14, 2020, 2:49:29 PM
I bought one of each influenced base: one with t1 %dex and one with increased damage per 15 dex. One had to be a jade amulet.

Used an awakener orb to combine them. I rolled flat dex (omg) life (omg!!) and mana (dang, rip life). Removed the life, blocked suffixes and slammed the t1 phys to cold on the first try. There was some luck involved, but it’s just add/remove cold with suffixes blocked until you get the phys to cold roll. Biggest luck was getting a better than crafted dex roll but losing out on flat life hurt. Either way it’s a nice craft and wasn’t too difficult to do.

In retrospect, making it an int / dex amulet might have been better. You gotta make up for a loss of int and strength (I had to downgrade enduring cry) and I wound up having to scramble a bit to make it work because I forgot about the int loss.
Last edited by Mishrak on Jul 14, 2020, 3:57:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info