[3.18 suspended] Blast from the Past. KB/PS Int Stack Wander King. Speed meta 18K ES, 20m+ dps

Thanks for nice guide, looking for advice on finishing these up.

For the chest, just aug influence, remove add influence? until hitting %int? I'm assuming the chest is worth it with ability to craft % attributes and aug some type of hybrid defense.

For wand, I can either ditch the t1 int and reroll suffixes? Or is it worth keeping the int and auging speed or crit? if i craft spell crit i can guarantee attack crit but then would need to 50 50 annul crit? speed augs are 4 ex now and would compete with proj speed. just trying to figure out the best course of action here. any input very much appreciated.
Last edited by wwarren08 on Feb 7, 2021, 3:08:08 PM
"
Swanman8907 wrote:
"
heishe wrote:
A shit ton of people on ladder seem to be going occultist over assassin. Probably more DPS but less movespeed?

Occultist is less dps but has much better defensive layers than assassin. Assassin's only advantage is move speed imo. The build doesn't need more damage.

I would even argue that with the huge assassin movement nerfs of 3.13 the movespeed advantage of assassin is very small, with how easy it is to make good tailwind+elusive boots. The only movespeed assassin has that Occultist does not comes from the 60% elusive effect, which translates to only 18% movement speed.

But I don't know about the build not needing more damage. Pretty sure the Occultist dps gets iffy in 100% delirium T19 maps. But that is not from personal experience, just from looking at some of the poe.ninja occultist DPS numbers, cleaned of their Berserk boost, which has no uptime during mapping.
Last edited by Mecielle on Feb 7, 2021, 7:24:38 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Swanman8907 wrote:
"
heishe wrote:
A shit ton of people on ladder seem to be going occultist over assassin. Probably more DPS but less movespeed?

Occultist is less dps but has much better defensive layers than assassin. Assassin's only advantage is move speed imo. The build doesn't need more damage.

I would even argue that with the huge assassin movement nerfs of 3.13 the movespeed advantage of assassin is very small, with how easy it is to make good tailwind+elusive boots. The only movespeed assassin has that Occultist does not comes from the 60% elusive effect, which translates to only 18% movement speed.

But I don't know about the build not needing more damage. Pretty sure the Occultist dps gets iffy in 100% delirium T19 maps. But that is not from personal experience, just from looking at some of the poe.ninja occultist DPS numbers, cleaned of their Berserk boost, which has no uptime during mapping.

Occultist pretty much trades all late game potential for a small early game return. Also not very sure what is meant by saying occultist is better defensively.

Occultist provides explosions. KB doesnt need explosions, we do not even use explody chest as we have extremely well coverage.

It provides s bit regen and stun immunity, which is the most manageable of crit/stun/ailment trio, and can be always taken as jewel enchants.

Then extra curses, which provide easy clear dmg early on and lose their effect vs bosses (Also requires a way to implement them, stressing your gear even more)

Finishes with a +1 power charge node that has much less value compared to assassin.

Also have a slightly worse starting point.

Assassin comes with crit immunity, an ultra powerful mechanic and something that you cant get otherwise on this build (u wont sacrifice a ring + helm slot). Also gets 24% spell and attack dodge from the same node.

Then it has 3 notables that give pure dmg which do not lose value vs bosses

On the subject of elusive from boots, u are losing 50% elemental ailment avoidance or tailwind to get that.

Dont take this wrong, i was intrigued by the idea of many ppl going occultist too, and i did lots of PoB comparing. Also asked around to occ. players to confirm if i missed something obvious.

When comparing int stackers on Poe.ninja, there are a few things you need to consider:

a) Cluster jewels are not included, so builds with more clusters will look worse.

b) It shows dmg vs normal bosses, so extra curses shine a lot.

c) Low uptime combos like Chainbreaker + Berserk can add massive amounts of paper dps. U should add this to all builds or remove it from all to have a decent idea.

Still i would be glad to elaborate the ascendancy subject more, but at this point i would need to see a decent Occultist PoB first which comes close to assassin under same circumstances.

Until then, my advice is to stay away from occultist unless u are in SSF. It's a trap.
Bench Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/trivial_matters/
Dunno why you quoted me for that reply, I never said anything about Occultist being better defensively. Just that the movement speed is no longer an argument for Assassin over Occultist.

One point tho: You are putting MASSIVE overvalue on "take no extra damage from critical strikes". I bet you would never even notice a difference, even with thousands of maps run, if you had it or didnt have it. There is a reason why GGG had to make a map mod that increases monster crit chance by 400% and crit multi by 45%. Because monster crits are so weak we would not even notice it with lower values.

That said, I am with you on saying Assassin is the clear choice. Even though one of the reasons we had in the past, the movement speed, is gone now. It is still the only one that scales with investment past the 200ex.
Last edited by Mecielle on Feb 7, 2021, 10:52:29 PM
Spoiler

Gear in spoiler!

any ideas on what to upgrade first - thinking of my boots/rings/belt/gloves?

I hoep to get some rings with str/int so I can ditch the passives and fix my helm... but yeah, so far doing well, but not really comfortable for T16s :(

Also, just buying 21/20 gems for what is worth. Should I invest into awakened gems first?

Not sure how to proceed.
Last edited by shabanotti on Feb 8, 2021, 12:45:18 AM
"
shabanotti wrote:
Spoiler

Gear in spoiler!

I hoep to get some rings with str/int so I can ditch the passives and fix my helm... but yeah, so far doing well, but not really comfortable for T16s :(

Also, just buying 21/20 gems for what is worth. Should I invest into awakened gems first?

Not sure how to proceed.

1. Fix your flasks. Without ailment immunity from gear u need a freeze flask (Quartz). Quality your flasks. Get a quicksilver with move speed for more zoom zoom.

2. Get another cluster jewel with Veteran Defender, Martial Prowess + 1. The 15% res +15 attributes from Veteran Defender makes the rest of your gearing so much easier. I bought one of these for 4.5ex.

3. Rings are relatively cheap upgrades. You want rings with T1 int, open suffix and resist or accuracy. You need a T1 accuracy roll to ditch shaper's touch. Good rings allow flexibility elsewhere so start with this.

4. Get a 15% increased int synth belt base and craft it. I started with spite essences, looking for a high resist and open suffix. Got it within 5 spites. Craft on int/str or dex depending on what u need. Then spam reforge keeping suffix harvest craft. You're looking for either high ele dmg with atks or ES. When u get one, augment the other. Rem/Add as desired. Quality up all your accessories.

5. At this point your accuracy, str, dex and resists should be set, which will allow you more freedom for gloves, boots, and helm.
Quoted:
Spoiler
"
Xiaobear6 wrote:
"
shabanotti wrote:
Spoiler

Gear in spoiler!

Not sure how to proceed.

1. Fix your flasks. Without ailment immunity from gear u need a freeze flask (Quartz). Quality your flasks. Get a quicksilver with move speed for more zoom zoom.

2. Get another cluster jewel with Veteran Defender, Martial Prowess + 1. The 15% res +15 attributes from Veteran Defender makes the rest of your gearing so much easier. I bought one of these for 4.5ex.

3. Rings are relatively cheap upgrades. You want rings with T1 int, open suffix and resist or accuracy. You need a T1 accuracy roll to ditch shaper's touch. Good rings allow flexibility elsewhere so start with this.

4. Get a 15% increased int synth belt base and craft it. I started with spite essences, looking for a high resist and open suffix. Got it within 5 spites. Craft on int/str or dex depending on what u need. Then spam reforge keeping suffix harvest craft. You're looking for either high ele dmg with atks or ES. When u get one, augment the other. Rem/Add as desired. Quality up all your accessories.

5. At this point your accuracy, str, dex and resists should be set, which will allow you more freedom for gloves, boots, and helm.

Thank you, Xiaobear6, so much! This makes sense, helps me prioritise!!! <3
Hello all, this build is good for farming Fractured 100% Deali Canyon map? It is lagging? Any client crush on 100% deali Canyon map?
"
Mecielle wrote:
Dunno why you quoted me for that reply, I never said anything about Occultist being better defensively. Just that the movement speed is no longer an argument for Assassin over Occultist.

One point tho: You are putting MASSIVE overvalue on "take no extra damage from critical strikes". I bet you would never even notice a difference, even with thousands of maps run, if you had it or didnt have it. There is a reason why GGG had to make a map mod that increases monster crit chance by 400% and crit multi by 45%. Because monster crits are so weak we would not even notice it with lower values.

That said, I am with you on saying Assassin is the clear choice. Even though one of the reasons we had in the past, the movement speed, is gone now. It is still the only one that scales with investment past the 200ex.

I just quoted the whole conversation mate :) Pl do not think i have something against you, or anyone else in the quote for that matter. I am just presenting my idea on the subject as well.

For crit immunity, dmg 'spikes' and one shots in this game mostly happen because of crit and getting shocked. If you are immune to both of them, dmg becomes very static. If we use the gif at the start as an example, i wouldnt be able to do that without crit immunity as sometimes i would just die to shaper slam, but with static dmg as long as i dont get one shot i can pretty much face tank everything. I played the scion version too btw and i would say difference is very noticeable.

you can check full deli videos on youtube. KB is not an amination heavy skill unless u use skins.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info