[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Bonerfleximus wrote:
Trying a shield charge variant with more defensive layers (blind from Evil Eye, fortify, shock/chill immune). It's playing very smoothly, and I dont think I lost much in way of damage (just some ES, but I'm at 9.6k still)

If anyone wants to try it, I'm finding it to be a lot faster and less rippy in fractured canyon. Feedback welcome

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dYZW1WMX

Note that I replaced PCoC with flame dash in 6 link, because I noticed PCoC doesn't proc often with our low hit/crit chances for atks. Even so, I'm still getting the full power charges in deli due to mage hunter notables.

I also really like how toggling back and forth between shield charge + flame dash interact now that animation canceling is a thing, and it gives a way to gaurantee applying curse on targets which applies Evil Eye & Master of Fear. Still need to enchant my belt for MoF unnerve

Evil Eye seems interesting!

Im just curious about how you trigger the Spell used recently condition of Thaumophage?

I originally planned Dash as a Spell to be the trigger.
"
zzang wrote:

Evil Eye seems interesting!

Im just curious about how you trigger the Spell used recently condition of Thaumophage?

I originally planned Dash as a Spell to be the trigger.

He took off Pcoc on torso and uses Flame Dash there.
"
Wermine wrote:

Ah, yes i need to learnn to read. Thank you :)
"
zzang wrote:
"
Wermine wrote:

Ah, yes i need to learnn to read. Thank you :)

No prob =P

Would also like to clarify the last paragraph about "toggling" between flame dash & shield charge in case you skimmed over it - I don't know if this is common knowledge but I'm finding this to be a very fast & easy way to zip around maps.

I use shield charge as my primary movement skill which jumps me around WAY faster than dash did once corpse pact stacks start ramping.

Whenever shield charge hits annoying obstacles or when I'm traveling long distances across a map, I start twiddling my fingers between Q (shield charge) and W (flame dash).

This lets me not have to think about which skill to use, since I only need to remember to twiddle my fingers whenever I hit an obstacle.

It also helps travel long distances faster than just using shield charge because I can animation cancel shield charge (and frenzy barrage) with an instant cast flame dash every couple seconds (it's instant if you haven't used it for a couple seconds, otherwise cast speed comes into effect but we have corpse pact).

Training myself to do this ensures high uptime on "cast recently" buffs like conjured wall
Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 10, 2021, 4:47:33 PM
Guess we can pack up the thread with these upcoming 3.14 harvest changes. Don't see how the build can survive without Harvest annuls & annul+aug's, also the helm will be near impossible.
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:
Guess we can pack up the thread with these upcoming 3.14 harvest changes. Don't see how the build can survive without Harvest annuls & annul+aug's, also the helm will be near impossible.

Yes, guide will be discontinued for league in 3.14 i will add the [STD] only tag.
I think they are doing a heavy mistake by essentially destroying harvest in the same year Diablo 2 remastered comes out.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 11, 2021, 1:52:25 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

Yes, guide will be discontinued for league in 3.14 i will add the [STD] only tag.
I think they are doing a heavy mistake by essentially destroying harvest in the same year Diablo 2 remastered comes out.

It seems like PoE devs are really out of touch with the community. It's really disappointing. "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - lmao. But I think that even without the harvest your build still will be playable with some changes, you only will lose access to helm(which still can be crafted in theory, at least I managed to craft one back to the heist)
Last edited by dtx1212 on Mar 11, 2021, 6:54:04 AM
"
dtx1212 wrote:

It seems like PoE devs are really out of touch with the community. It's really disappointing. "We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." - lmao. But I think that even without the harvest your build still will be playable with some changes, you only will lose access to helm(which still can be crafted in theory, at least I managed to craft one back to the heist)

I dont think the build as a whole would fly in a league without Harvest. For the investment a shitty agnostic blade vortex build can be done performing better than a half baked VD/DD build in league. This guide will be STD only in 3.14

And yes GGG is brutally out of touch with their community its almost like "Dont you guys have cell phones?".
"
zzang wrote:
"
dtx1212 wrote:

I dont think the build as a whole would fly in a league without Harvest. For the investment a shitty agnostic blade vortex build can be done performing better than a half baked VD/DD build in league. This guide will be STD only in 3.14

And yes GGG is brutally out of touch with their community its almost like "Dont you guys have cell phones?".

Hmm, interesting how much opinions go apart on this topic here.
To be honest, personally, im glad they gonna nerf harvest craft big time.
I hate how ridiculously strong it is right now...
In the interest of having fun with the build while it's still an option - I switched to Anomalous Barrage for 2 additional pierces on frenzy. Helps get more curse & combustion applications against deli packs (other packs die before the first frenzy hits)

Also on the lookout for a lower-level Anomalous Frenzy for an extra projectile, all the ones on the market now have too high of a dex requirement.
Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 11, 2021, 9:28:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info