[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Bjornz0r wrote:
Again, this is a high end build, but just to give my fellow noobs an idea of how it can work:

- Started leveling as life VD Spellslinger
- around lvl 89 i switched to this version
- Currently in map 11 and it plays well and can melt a lot of stuff, with my fubar gear and around 6700 ES

My gear cost around 10ex, most of it (6.5ex) being the helmet i bought, the rest is mainly cluster jewels, the 6link shavs and respeccing costs.

As iam getting more currency again, what would be the best path of upgrading my gear? iam not really sure of the price of the crafted items
Threw 45-50ex ish at this yesterday, and although dps is very good (without aw cascade and cdr boots, 2.5cast 0.43cdr) I get around 500k sirus pob buffed so around 10m sirus dps.

but it's just so squishy, for me at least, I guess I'll farm up some more gear and come back to it, no freeze removal, no burn, curse or bleed really is a struggle sometimes especially without good movement to get to next pack to out regen it, doing some juice in valdos etc is very rippy.

I've done deathless aw9, maven, uelder and most invites etc to test it, dmg is good, but atm is more of a boss killer than a mapper/overall build.

Unless I'm missing something painfully obvious, I'd love to know it;

pob;
https://pastebin.com/0cPmFDJJ

gear;

"

Hey mate, the first thing to me is the boots. I never run around, I flame dash all over the place. Movement speed on boots to me is wasted. Craft "Cannot Be Frozen".

And there is no Cool Down Recovery on belt or boots....big damage boost.

Other than that, nice gear!

Edit: PSA: Don't drink and craft...I just lost an nice one-mod 109% fire wand. Don't ask...I'm too ashamed...
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Last edited by MourningBlade on Mar 8, 2021, 7:08:34 PM
"
MourningBlade wrote:
"

Hey mate, the first thing to me is the boots. I never run around, I flame dash all over the place. Movement speed on boots to me is wasted. Craft "Cannot Be Frozen".

Edit: PSA: Don't drink and craft...I just lost an nice one-mod 109% fire wand. Don't ask...I'm too ashamed...

Thanks for feedback;

I'll get cdr, probably drop dash in that case, even with anomalous second wind I've had stashed, 3 charges aren't enough to move around solo with, flame dash might work. with that I guess tailwind would be mostly pointless? or should I try for it for cast time increase? I believe there are caps based around instance lag and cdr.

How good are fire mods on wands btw? atm only focused on crit and +1 which wasn't that expensive but trying to get fire% and flat on top would be a lot. I can get fire flat quite easily with aug then r/a attack to get flat fire safely (then maybe non-fire for fire%).

But none of those really help with survival, even max block etc. went back to my trickster vortex with dodge build, I never drop from full es, but it's half the dps. I think I might need to drop jewels for some small cluster es flat's to compensate.

edit;

played around a bit with movement skill moving, which works I guess and gives more uptime on dps but is a downgrade from zoom zoom shield dashing and flame dash cancelling

got these from 10c base and 5alcs, I guess they'll do after fixing res a bit, feels like cheating a bit.

Well they will do for now, I'll keep chill immune and just get freeze on jewels, eventually.

Last edited by Mizerka on Mar 8, 2021, 11:01:18 PM
"
"
MourningBlade wrote:
"

Thanks for feedback;

I'll get cdr, probably drop dash in that case, even with anomalous second wind I've had stashed, 3 charges aren't enough to move around solo with, flame dash might work. with that I guess tailwind would be mostly pointless? or should I try for it for cast time increase? I believe there are caps based around instance lag and cdr.

How good are fire mods on wands btw? atm only focused on crit and +1 which wasn't that expensive but trying to get fire% and flat on top would be a lot. I can get fire flat quite easily with aug then r/a attack to get flat fire safely (then maybe non-fire for fire%).

But none of those really help with survival, even max block etc. went back to my trickster vortex with dodge build, I never drop from full es, but it's half the dps. I think I might need to drop jewels for some small cluster es flat's to compensate.

CDR will help you with movement and damage. So go for the 66% CDR. You can use dash with second wind to get from one pack to the next with a good flow.

For the survivabilty you need Thaumophage skilled in your cluster.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 9, 2021, 4:35:38 AM
So i want to see where i need to go for my next couple of upgrades, since iam not sure about the price of crafts etc.

Overall i feel like survivability is ok, could be better, damage is good, i dont feel like it is a major problem but could be better. I do t15 maps atm

Any suggestions for what to focus on first? i havent moved into CDR or awakened gems yet

https://pastebin.com/c8bhthDD
Last edited by Bjornz0r on Mar 9, 2021, 4:54:19 AM
"
Bjornz0r wrote:
So i want to see where i need to go for my next couple of upgrades, since iam not sure about the price of crafts etc.

Overall i feel like survivability is ok, could be better, damage is good, i dont feel like it is a major problem but could be better. I do t15 maps atm

Any suggestions for what to focus on first? i havent moved into CDR or awakened gems yet

What budget are we talking about?

I think I would start with the large cluster jewels. Then maybe the 66% CDR. (boots and belt).

Then it depends on what you need more. Damage or survivability.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 9, 2021, 6:56:02 AM
I assume a wand with implicit enemies you kill explode dealing 3% of their life as physical can hurt the build, as we need corpses right?
"
VigorDracul wrote:
"
Bjornz0r wrote:

I think I would start with the large cluster jewels. Then maybe the 66% CDR. (boots and belt).

Maybe 10-20 ex to start, and then more later ofc. iam just looking to how to best upgrade without waiting for 40 ex for the next thing :)

What is wrong with the large clusters, i thought they where decent?
"
Bjornz0r wrote:
"
VigorDracul wrote:
"
Bjornz0r wrote:

Maybe 10-20 ex to start, and then more later ofc. iam just looking to how to best upgrade without waiting for 40 ex for the next thing :)

What is wrong with the large clusters, i thought they where decent?

Look at the gearing section in the first post. You want mage hunter and conujured wall. One time with a placeholder (sap psyche) to save skill points and one with thaumophage. Mage hunter and conjured wall are important parts of our defensive/power charge mechanism.

Arcane heroism makes no sense, and doryanis and prismatic heart are not good either.

Start with the cluster and then safe up a lot of money. Most of the mechanisms of this build dont work with a single upgarde. e.g. You need 2 awakened spell cascade as 1 isnt going to help. Another example you need boots and belt for CDR to reach the 66%. This might mess up your resistances, so you have to consider this when crafting/buying your items.

You have to plan ahead a lot in this build or you will waste lots of money. Other poeple can only help you a bit in the process because there are different ways to reach resitances for example. There are different ways to get the required dex and str. Some poeple need movement speed on their boots others are fine with dash + second wind.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 9, 2021, 8:53:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info