[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

Are we aplying a second curse with something? i see a hextouch with flammability and elemental weakness.
"
samudkl wrote:
Are we aplying a second curse with something? i see a hextouch with flammability and elemental weakness.

Level 5 Awakened Hextouch.
Hello, so far I am finding this build super strong offensively and also defensively and I feel like I would be almost invincible if I didnt lag so much. However I am trying to get better gloves and switch to unnerve and culling strike but pob is showing my gloves as a small dps above them? I am unsure whether to switch still
Also still need to recraft wand and helmet but I got super unlucky and spent 20ex rolling hypothermia to never hit t1 so settled with current helm.
Thank you!.
"
MisureBetty wrote:
Hello, so far I am finding this build super strong offensively and also defensively and I feel like I would be almost invincible if I didnt lag so much. However I am trying to get better gloves and switch to unnerve and culling strike but pob is showing my gloves as a small dps above them? I am unsure whether to switch still
Also still need to recraft wand and helmet but I got super unlucky and spent 20ex rolling hypothermia to never hit t1 so settled with current helm.
Thank you!.

POB currently doesn't factor in culling strike.
The new version of POB coming will have support for this.

Culling strike will instantly kill an enemy once it reaches 10% HP.
This is a great bonus for bossing.

Your gloves have temple mod, 50% increased damage against chilled.
This is also fantastic.

Unnerve is great too, but you would also want the belt enchant for extra crit against unnerved enemies to make it really shine.
"
"
MisureBetty wrote:
Thank you!.

POB currently doesn't factor in culling strike.
The new version of POB coming will have support for this.

Culling strike will instantly kill an enemy once it reaches 10% HP.
This is a great bonus for bossing.

Your gloves have temple mod, 50% increased damage against chilled.
This is also fantastic.

Unnerve is great too, but you would also want the belt enchant for extra crit against unnerved enemies to make it really shine.

Hey, ty for the feedback, however the current pob I have updated to (the latest version) now includes culling strike so the dps is accurate for that. I think the belt enchant is what will make me switch to the new gloves as that is a dps boost. Thank you.
Yo! First, let me start by saying what a fun build and crafting the gear was pretty rewarding (although costly at times). Could anyone shed some light on why I'm showing low crit chance in PoB (showing about 44%) as well as pretty low damage (280k avg hit). (To be clear, it doesn't feel bad in game, I was just trying to make a comparison of how I'm looking compared to you with scuffed jewels.) I compared the calcs menu on your PoB to mine and I think I have it right based on what I'm doing. Below is a link to my POB if you'd like to have a look:

https://pastebin.com/yJTxrGgs

Also, my ES is only clocking in around 7k. I realize that I'm missing flat on my helm but I reforged the helm and hit Conc Effect and I couldn't pass that up. If anyone has some suggestions on how to fix that I'm all ears. I think maybe lock suffixes and then non-inf to inf. That's still quite a gamble since I could hit numerous non-removable mods. But if there is no other path forward, I'll go with that. :) I also assume that getting 28% qual on all my gear will help push my ES quite a bit too.

Edit: Okay, see that my flasks weren't active. That helped quite a bit. Clocking in closer to 455k now, 69% crit chance, and 1.5m-ish combined dps.
Last edited by xMalachi on Mar 8, 2021, 9:53:18 AM
"
xMalachi wrote:
Yo! First, let me start by saying what a fun build and crafting the gear was pretty rewarding (although costly at times). Could anyone shed some light on why I'm showing low crit chance in PoB (showing about 44%) as well as pretty low damage (280k avg hit). (To be clear, it doesn't feel bad in game, I was just trying to make a comparison of how I'm looking compared to you with scuffed jewels.) I compared the calcs menu on your PoB to mine and I think I have it right based on what I'm doing. Below is a link to my POB if you'd like to have a look:

https://pastebin.com/yJTxrGgs

Also, my ES is only clocking in around 7k. I realize that I'm missing flat on my helm but I reforged the helm and hit Conc Effect and I couldn't pass that up. If anyone has some suggestions on how to fix that I'm all ears. I think maybe lock suffixes and then non-inf to inf. That's still quite a gamble since I could hit numerous non-removable mods. But if there is no other path forward, I'll go with that. :) I also assume that getting 28% qual on all my gear will help push my ES quite a bit too.

Edit: Okay, see that my flasks weren't active. That helped quite a bit. Clocking in closer to 455k now, 69% crit chance, and 1.5m-ish combined dps.

1) You might want to think about "+2 level of socketed aura gems" corruption on your prism guardian if you can fix your resitances somewhere else. This boosts all your auras including discipline and therefor ES.

2) You could also sacrifice one jewel and add a small cluster with "energy from naught". Use the skill point left from "soul thief" and below the dexterity node. Should net you more ES.

3) Level up :). 3 more levels would allow you to reach the jewel slot left of the witches picture on skill tree to socket the jewel from point 2 again. Should be easy with your gear running Valdos Rest/Harbinger.

p.s You didnt skill "Thaumophage" in your upper right or left cluster. This would be a big survivability boost.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 8, 2021, 10:47:40 AM
"
VigorDracul wrote:

1) You might want to think about "+2 level of socketed aura gems" corruption on your prism guardian if you can fix your resitances somewhere else. This boosts all your auras including discipline and therefor ES.

2) You could also sacrifice one jewel and add a small cluster with "energy from naught". Use the skill point left from "soul thief" and below the dexterity node. Should net you more ES.

3) Level up :). 3 more levels would allow you to reach the jewel slot left of the witches picture on skill tree to socket the jewel from point 2 again. Should be easy with your gear running Valdos Rest/Harbinger.

p.s You didnt skill "Thaumophage" in your upper right or left cluster. This would be a big survivability boost.

Thanks for having a look! Yeah, a few more levels would certainly help. I think I could manage to get a prism guardian with the corruption. I'm not sure that I follow on points 2/3 though. For 2, are you saying to pull back soul thief? Maybe my PoB didn't import properly but I do have the jewel node to the left of witch allocated. Noted on Thaumophage, will work on getting that fit in! Thanks again!
Spoiler
"
xMalachi wrote:
"
VigorDracul wrote:

"
xMalachi wrote:

Thanks for having a look! Yeah, a few more levels would certainly help. I think I could manage to get a prism guardian with the corruption. I'm not sure that I follow on points 2/3 though. For 2, are you saying to pull back soul thief? Maybe my PoB didn't import properly but I do have the jewel node to the left of witch allocated. Noted on Thaumophage, will work on getting that fit in! Thanks again!

What I mean in point 2 is that you could sacrifice a damage jewel from your cluster setup and put in a small cluster jewel with "energy from naught" on it. You would need 2 skill points to skill the cluster jewel thats why I would take them from the small skill nodes I mentioned.

You shouldnt get rid of the soul thief but the small skill node left of it and the small skill node below your dexterity node.

The node I mean in 3 is the one next to quick recovery. Seems like you already did that.

The easiest way to use the corrupted prism guardian is to spec from "essence glutton" back to "commander of darkness". This should fix all resistance problems.

And one more BIG thing. You have "barrage" socketed in your chest. This has to be "barrage support" not "barrage". And get a level 21 volatile dead.
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 8, 2021, 12:24:50 PM
A small update for all Tailwind on Boots fans.

I figured a way to go for Tailwind on Boots and maintain all the resists necessary.

The concept is to skip dex on gloves for a second resist and spent a skillpoint more into a +30 dex node. This makes space for Tailwind on Boots. The only problem/reason i didnt do it yet is that Boots will require hitting 2* T1 ES roll as imprinting is not possible because you will need to Awaken Orb Elevated Shaper + Hunter Boots together for their suffixes. Recommendation: Roll last suffix for lightning res or cold res but NOT fire res.

So if anyone is interesting in rolling those REAL mirror tier boots let me know i will put a link from my guide into the mirror service.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 8, 2021, 2:28:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info