Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
VigorDracul wrote:

You have to plan ahead a lot in this build or you will waste lots of money. Other poeple can only help you a bit in the process because there are different ways to reach resitances for example. There are different ways to get the required dex and str. Some poeple need movement speed on their boots others are fine with dash + second wind.

This paragraph made me proud. I can see that my guide produces fruits of understanding.

Edit: Some context to this is i started with Inward Eye and Shavrones and thought it not going to be better but boy i was wrong. Basically i invested in one setup time and time again just to find out there is a clearly better one. The current setup its the best to my knowledge and i try to show players the end goal so they dont have to waste as much currency as i did by figurung out the optimal setup.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 9, 2021, 9:10:11 AM
Spoiler
"
zzang wrote:
"
VigorDracul wrote:

You have to plan ahead a lot in this build or you will waste lots of money. Other poeple can only help you a bit in the process because there are different ways to reach resitances for example. There are different ways to get the required dex and str. Some poeple need movement speed on their boots others are fine with dash + second wind.

This paragraph made me proud. I can see that my guide produces fruits of understanding.

Edit: Some context to this is i started with Inward Eye and Shavrones and thought it not going to be better but boy i was wrong. Basically i invested in one setup time and time again just to find out there is a clearly better one. The current setup its the best to my knowledge and i try to show players the end goal so they dont have to waste as much currency as i did by figurung out the optimal setup.

I like it that way and here is my final review of this build/guide:

Are you looking for a build/guide that takes you by the hand and leads you step by step through the process of developing your char? Do you like flow charts explaining you why/when and how to upgrade your gear. Interested in extensive explanations of the pros and cons of certain skill gems and their qualities? Then look no further!!

I meant, read no further. (sorry not a native english speaker). This guide is probably not for you.

Do you like to spend lots of hours in yours and other poeples POBs, Craft of Exile, game trade and the forum thread. Do you like to spend tons of currency upgrading/crafting your gear until it starts to shine (at least for a second until you think of a better solution). Are the other members of your household prepared for you swearing and cussing like a pirate because either the resistances, or the attributes, or something you didnt even know was important, is messed up now. Then you are at the right place.

What you get for your efforts (apart from a divorce because you spend too much time at the damn computer) is a war machine, chilling, shocking and setting your enemies on fire, exploding their corpses and the ground they walk on, while dozens of homing missles are buzzing through the air hunting down everything in and off screen. No aiming needed! (I am looking at you, ED/Con)

Overall a 9/10 (no burning hamsters)
Last edited by VigorDracul on Mar 9, 2021, 1:20:39 PM
"
Look at the gearing section in the first post. You want mage hunter and conujured wall. One time with a placeholder (sap psyche) to save skill points and one with thaumophage. Mage hunter and conjured wall are important parts of our defensive/power charge mechanism.

Arcane heroism makes no sense, and doryanis and prismatic heart are not good either.

Start with the cluster and then safe up a lot of money. Most of the mechanisms of this build dont work with a single upgarde. e.g. You need 2 awakened spell cascade as 1 isnt going to help. Another example you need boots and belt for CDR to reach the 66%. This might mess up your resistances, so you have to consider this when crafting/buying your items.

Thanks for the feedback, I do understand your point, i was just trying to get an idea of what would give the best bang for the buck, since its my first time actually going completely in on crafting and late game farming, so there is still a lot for me to get info on.

I fixed the cluster gem, i think for my point of view, going for 2x awakened spell cascade first will be the best, as i understand it will boost my dmg considerably, which also increases my leech, so i get some more substain too. After that i will look into boots and belt.

With my new setup i also have 8k ES, so if i just play a bit more carefully than i normally do, i dont die that much
"
zzang wrote:

Well mate, you actually made me to look into crafting...and Thank You.

Not just for this build, but a better understanding of mechanics. I throw away a lot less currency now, unless there are a few drinks lying around...lol.
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
Fun build beat all content and such no problems at all
10k ES 70% blocks
Thanks

Trying a shield charge variant with more defensive layers (blind from Evil Eye, fortify, shock/chill immune). It's playing very smoothly, and I dont think I lost much in way of damage (just some ES, but I'm at 9.6k still)

If anyone wants to try it, I'm finding it to be a lot faster and less rippy in fractured canyon. Feedback welcome

PoB: https://pastebin.com/dYZW1WMX

Note that I replaced PCoC with flame dash in 6 link, because I noticed PCoC doesn't proc often with our low hit/crit chances for atks. Even so, I'm still getting the full power charges in deli due to mage hunter notables.

I also really like how toggling back and forth between shield charge + flame dash interact now that animation canceling is a thing, and it gives a way to gaurantee applying curse on targets which applies Evil Eye & Master of Fear. Still need to enchant my belt for MoF unnerve

Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 10, 2021, 11:05:07 AM
What is the upgrade/gearing prio for this build (LL). I am assuming helm is prob the biggest upgrade to work towards first?
"
Laere wrote:
What is the upgrade/gearing prio for this build (LL). I am assuming helm is prob the biggest upgrade to work towards first?

Depends on your starting gear. There is a bare minimum POB in the first post but I wouldnt reccomend it.

https://pastebin.com/b6H8qAw3

"
Laere wrote:

Helm is first priority after minimal build. You can craft the suffixes for pretty cheap once you find a base. From there you can wear the helm and start building crit while you save for conc effect and ES prefixes (they are half the helms crafting cost or more on average)
Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 10, 2021, 11:14:20 AM

Got da helm done

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info