[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

I'm running commander of darkness because I don't like being reliant on wise oak for max res. May not be necessary, will give essence glutton a try on a few deli maps today.

Essence Glutton is not only necessary for mana recovery but also very nice for 8% ES regen. I wonder if you dont run Essence Glutton how do you solve mana issues that occur with spamming frenzy + supports?

Resists in this build are capped without Wise Oak but need some cluster jewel suffixes to balance res.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 14, 2021, 4:21:25 PM
I just got this helmet, what would be the best way to craft this further?

As i understand it, its removing a bunch of the unwanted mods with harvest then aug for t1 ES and craft conc effect on it? (not sure how from reading 3 different explenations)
"
Bjornz0r wrote:

As i understand it, its removing a bunch of the unwanted mods with harvest then aug for t1 ES and craft conc effect on it? (not sure how from reading 3 different explenations)

There are crafting steps for helm in the guide in the crafting section. I recommend to check those.
"
zzang wrote:
"
Bjornz0r wrote:

There are crafting steps for helm in the guide in the crafting section. I recommend to check those.

Loaded up craft of exile and figured it out after a new tries, thanks for the steps! :) again, iam a giant craft noob
"
zzang wrote:
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

I'm running commander of darkness because I don't like being reliant on wise oak for max res. May not be necessary, will give essence glutton a try on a few deli maps today.

Essence Glutton is not only necessary for mana recovery but also very nice for 8% ES regen. I wonder if you dont run Essence Glutton how do you solve mana issues that occur with spamming frenzy + supports?

Resists in this build are capped without Wise Oak but need some cluster jewel suffixes to balance res.

Not sure why I have not been having mana issues without essence glutton, I only have one less link for frenzy. I'm guessing cinderswallow is carrying the mana recovery, I also have 47 mana regen per sec so that's 2.5 frenzies per sec which is enough to sustain spellslinger on CDR.

Just ran a few maps with essence glutton, it felt better except for the one that had 50% flask charge recovery and 40% reduced block. I died a lot in that one, barely looted everything using all portals. Died 0/1 time in the other ones. Going to keep running commander of darkness until I can fix my resists without essence glutton but my build is pretty low on ways to improve res without screwing up wise oak
Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 14, 2021, 7:29:30 PM
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

Not sure why I have not been having mana issues without essence glutton, I only have one less link for frenzy. I'm guessing cinderswallow is carrying the mana recovery, I also have 47 mana regen per sec so that's 2.5 frenzies per sec which is enough to sustain spellslinger on CDR.

Just ran a few maps with essence glutton, it felt better except for the one that had 50% flask charge recovery and 40% reduced block. I died a lot in that one, barely looted everything using all portals. Died 0/1 time in the other ones. Going to keep running commander of darkness until I can fix my resists without essence glutton but my build is pretty low on ways to improve res without screwing up wise oak

So you can sustain spamming Frenzy to spawn many VD before boss appears where Cinder Swallow does nothing? Because i can not without Essence Glutton even when Frenzy used to be on a 4 link. And to my experience you need roughly 4 aps to hit the CDR cap at 82% CDR.

About reduced block chance/charge recovery i have no issues with those map mods unless we are talking juiced t19 100% delirious. Flask charges on crit belt mod also greatly helps.

You can fix your resists by rolling suffixes with 7% res on cluster jewel suffixes. But this requires to have 2 resists on boots to make life easier.
Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2021, 2:52:47 AM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

So you can sustain spamming Frenzy to spawn many VD before boss appears where Cinder Swallow does nothing? Because i can not without Essence Glutton even when Frenzy used to be on a 4 link. And to my experience you need roughly 4 aps to hit the CDR cap at 82% CDR.

About reduced block chance/charge recovery i have no issues with those map mods unless we are talking juiced t19 100% delirious. Flask charges on crit belt mod also greatly helps.

You can fix your resists by rolling suffixes with 7% res on cluster jewel suffixes. But thus requires to have 2 resists on boots to make life easier.

Thanks I'll try looking for that crit mod, that does sound helpful.

For bosses I guess I don't have a problem even though frenzy isn't full sustain, I can spawn 60 orbs by the time corpse pact has ramped to fast enough for my mana to bottom out, and that's usually enough to kill / phase anything.

I have some res on my clusters already but not 7. I need 26 all res to cap, will figure it out. The reason I died was due to not having full res when my pots ran out, if I could patch up my res I'm sure it would be better.

Also my gear isn't triple elevated perfect everything. I don't play enough to push that far so I make sure to spend only based on power budget. Still the tips are welcome
Last edited by Bonerfleximus on Mar 15, 2021, 3:02:42 AM
"
Bonerfleximus wrote:

Thanks I'll try looking for that crit mod, that does sound helpful.

For bosses I guess I don't have a problem even though frenzy isn't full sustain, I can spawn 60 orbs by the time corpse pact has ramped to fast enough for my mana to bottom out, and that's usually enough to kill / phase anything.

I have some res on my clusters already but not 7. I need 26 all res to cap, will figure it out.

Also my gear isn't triple elevated perfect everything. I don't play enough to push that far so I make sure to spend only based on power budget. Still the tips are welcome

I see. For me the build doesnt work without Essence Glutton i have 5 APS Frenzy and run constantly out of mana therefore i fixed the resists 2 leagues ago and made Essence Glutton core part of the build. The 4% ES regen per second also helps greatly in addition.

Last edited by zzang on Mar 15, 2021, 3:04:15 AM
I wanted to say thank you. I'm able to do all content even sirus on level 9 without issues at 7000s ES. I'm on level 98 trying to get to 100. I might later add more gear to make it more powerful but I'm very happy with the build so far.
Hey, how much would you estimate the average cost for crafting the helmet? Im interested in trying my hand at it, but i wanna have a bit of margin to try and do it all in a session.

The build's been plenty of fun so far, thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info