[3.16] LL VD Spellslinger | 8.2 k ES | 75%Block / 75% Spell Block | not recommended anymore

"
ScottEvill wrote:

Hm. Mb for 5L helm nothing changed,but for oldschoolbuild?
Helm15% reserv,Charisma on Chatiula and Self-Control?
dat a bit los in damage>?

You still can play the build with a Inward Eye Helm and Self-Control + Anguish ring.
Would the new changes to inquisitor make this build shift to that ascendency?
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
Ziiyo wrote:
Would the new changes to inquisitor make this build shift to that ascendency?

Its difficult to answer if Inquisitor can be considered at all as a replacement.
While i think things like Divine Judgement and Battlemage could be powerful there is a lot missing in the inquisitor kit which this build in particular needs.

To name a few aspects
- missing shock/chill
- missing block from offering which is huge for this build
- missing attack speed and damage scaling for consumig corpses scaling from necro required to hit the CDR cap. The Inquisitor just does not fit the theme of corpse usage like Necromancer
- Inquisitor will probably suffer mana recovery problems without clarity and we cant make clarity fit in as we are starved for socket slots
- Divine Judgement isnt that great considering we use 2 max level elemental resist weakening curses turning down most enemy resistances below zero

In summary i would say that Inquisitor will have less utlity and less survivability im pretty sure by that. About damage i dont know.

Last edited by zzang on Jan 13, 2021, 8:20:34 AM
If i could get my hand on a helmet with:

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Area of Effect
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Concentrated Effect
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Hypothermia
Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage
Socketed Spells have +3% to Critical Strike Chance

That would be even an upgrade to yours, Zzang, right?

The additional "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Area of Effect" would not have any negative impact on mana reservations, or anything else i might be missing, would it!?
Last edited by Etralis on Jan 13, 2021, 10:07:59 AM
Stalwart Commander now grants 20% increased Aura Effect for Determination, Grace and Discipline (from 30%)

this will also affect existing jewels, so this is another nerf.

Monster Changes
Some bosses now ignore damage if the source of that damage has been a very long distance from it for a period of time (essentially, you can't just shoot them from beyond their pathfinding radius any more).

This might be bad for us in some situations aswell, lets see how much impact it actually really has...
Last edited by Etralis on Jan 13, 2021, 11:02:35 AM
"
Etralis wrote:
If i could get my hand on a helmet with:

Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Area of Effect
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Concentrated Effect
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Hypothermia
Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage
Socketed Spells have +3% to Critical Strike Chance

That would be even an upgrade to yours, Zzang, right?

The additional "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Increased Area of Effect" would not have any negative impact on mana reservations, or anything else i might be missing, would it!?

Of course it has negative impact on mana reservation. You can not make it fit in the helm. Besides losing a T1 ES roll really hurts survivability.

"
Etralis wrote:
Stalwart Commander now grants 20% increased Aura Effect for Determination, Grace and Discipline (from 30%)

this will also affect existing jewels, so this is another nerf.

Monster Changes
Some bosses now ignore damage if the source of that damage has been a very long distance from it for a period of time (essentially, you can't just shoot them from beyond their pathfinding radius any more).

This might be bad for us in some situations aswell, lets see how much impact it actually really has...

Im going down from 10.2k ES to 9.6k ES so i will change 2 nodes into ES nodes to be back at 10k ES. For league players this basically means that any transition should not be done before lvl 9x and having all jewels ready otherwise massive rips will occur below 8k ES.

About the Monster Changes quote i dont know if this will have any measurable impact. Maybe a tad bit less offscreenining but this build melts bosses directly in relatively short time frames there is no need to run and try to offscreen bosses.

Edit: Updated PoB and Guide Description for 3.13 Enjoy the league Exiles!
Last edited by zzang on Jan 13, 2021, 5:14:14 PM
thanks alot for the fast update, Zzang!

You didnt change any items, did you?
"
Etralis wrote:

I replaced one Medium Cluster Jewel from:

Stalwart Commander and Vengeful Commander

to:

Stalwart Commander and First Among Equals

Its a miniscule damage loss but i can keep 10k ES with only 2 skill points changed.

I got a real number fetish when it gets to having above 10k ES.
Hey there!

I played the build back in harvest, this is, with a dex stack scourge arrow full conv, the best build I've ever play. Definitely looking to roll a necro this league on it. Plus harvest is back !

I assume the nerf from the ascendancy will impact the build just slightly because the damage number is just so high anyway...
"
zzang wrote:
"
Etralis wrote:

I replaced one Medium Cluster Jewel from:

Stalwart Commander and Vengeful Commander

to:

Stalwart Commander and First Among Equals

Its a miniscule damage loss but i can keep 10k ES with only 2 skill points changed.

I got a real number fetish when it gets to having above 10k ES.

switching the craft on helmet back to es might be an option aswell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info