[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
malgav wrote:
Would You mind creating item setup in pob with total GOAL gear we schould be chasing for (i mean perfect dram 6 affixes rares)? it helps a lot especially in crafting league ?

Pretty sure I can do it. In the mean time, you could see my current character's gears and skill tree:

https://pastebin.com/f8q2dFhK

Currently ~7K HP, 15mil sirus DPS at level 97. You could consider these gears what you should be chasing for. I intend to have some minor upgrades coming, but it should be not too different.

Extreme tanky (this build lives up to the expectation this league).

Gear

Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 24, 2020, 6:21:57 AM
I see You play without Divine Flesh is it worth to add it? i hear thay its very good?
"
malgav wrote:
I see You play without Divine Flesh is it worth to add it? i hear thay its very good?

If elemental and chaos damage is the scariest thing you're coming up against in the content you're focused on, divine flesh is good. If physical damage is the more scary, or about the same amount of scary, then divine flesh is bad.

This is because you end up having to trade in ~700 HP in order to get divine flesh and 88% chaos resist (even more if you go for 90% chaos resist).

I tried it for a while and decided to switch back out of it, because I wanted to be more well rounded against all damage types. I'm able to have over 7.7k life without divine flesh, and find that all-purpose tankiness more appealing for what I'm doing (fractured maps, mostly).

We actually have pretty good mitigation against elemental already, over and above 75% resist all. Fortify, immortal call, and wind dancer all work against elemental damage. We also have 6% reduced ele damage taken from nature's boon. All of that adds up to the ~10% damage taken numbers in wolfie's screenshot up there, rather than ~25% you'd expect in most builds.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 24, 2020, 11:55:39 AM
Update:

@magicRectangle, Ghostboner, jurek69, Resane, Aurican, and those who are optimizing

I've figured out that we can further improve our defense by going all-in on mitigating fire damage with Arctic Armour (12% less fire damage taken from hits) and +2% to max fire resist (currently +1% on fused quiver). It requires us to switch from phys taken as cold to phys taken as fire on our chest (very straightforward with fire augment).

Still playing around with the quiver. The final plan is to craft +2% to max fire resist and +1 arrow on the quiver above.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/f8q2dFhK

Flask: coralito, cinderswallow, foreboding hybrid, basalt, and either Quartz or Bottled faith.

Quartz flask:
  • 17.5mil sirus DPS.
  • 62%/52% attack/spell dodge.
  • +730 net life regen/s.
  • Effective HP: 300k vs phys hits, ~200k-220k vs ele hits.

Bottled Faith:
  • 20.6mil sirus DPS.
  • 45%/35% attack/spell dodge.
  • +1,175 net life regen/s.
  • Effective HP: 222k vs phys damage hits, 135k-165k vs ele hits.

Make sure you tick 'enemies on consecrated ground in PoB' if you select Bottled Faith).

Damage hits are set to 9,999 in PoB config to simulate large damage hit in Simulacrum and 100% Delirium juiced red maps.

I cleared 100% delirium juiced maps with beyond easily with the new setup. Granted, my SA's APS is 11.6 and Blast Rain's APS is 6.3.

Therefore, I would highly recommend Arctic Armour if you want to min-max. You can cap hit rate by crafting a T1 flat accuracy on ring + attack catalyst (20%), and an abyss jewel socketed on your Stygian vise (see the gear above).

On a side note, with the new setup, Dying Sun (20% less fire damage taken, +2 arrows) is a legit flask if you want to clear even faster.

Cheers
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
On a side note, with the new setup, Dying Sun (20% less fire damage taken, +2 arrows) is a legit flask if you want to clear even faster.

Yeah I really like the dying sun. I swapped my chest over to phys taken as fire as soon as I started using it. It is quite nice. Also it is +3 arrows because of our flask effect. I started running arctic armor more recently, when I got enough accuracy on my bow to drop precision.

I hadn't considered going for the +2% fire resist quiver. Given that the prefixes on quiver are pretty mediocre for the most part, that may be worthwhile eventually. I don't currently have a warlord/hunter quiver available to craft on, so I'm not excited about spending an awakener's orb on it quite yet.

I also like the choice of the accuracy base quiver type. 6-12 phys isn't all that much, and that 30% accuracy would let me lose the accuracy belt enchant for the wither one instead, for a considerable damage bump.

I would never give up quartz flask on fractured maps. Perma phasing is mandatory IMHO. I dropped my basalt for the dying sun, and haven't regretted it. I leveled from 97 to 98 in fractured maps almost exclusively, without a single death.

Without the basalt I'm at 238k EHP against physical. (261k against ele, 390k against fire)
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 24, 2020, 4:27:43 PM
"

Given that the prefixes on quiver are pretty mediocre for the most part, that may be worthwhile eventually. I don't currently have a warlord/hunter quiver available to craft on, so I'm not excited about spending an awakener's orb on it quite yet.

My intention is to have 5 arrows (+1 from bow, +1 from quiver and +2 from Dying Sun) so I can cover the 100% delirious T19 map by the 5 initial arrows. Thorn arrows only deal 50% less damage compared to the initial arrows. Although all 5 init arrows cannot hit the same target, they can hit and poison the mobs on a very large area. Furthermore, initial arrows don't dissipate like the thorn arrows, so they can travel the whole screen.

"

I would never give up quartz flask on fractured maps. Perma phasing is mandatory IMHO. I dropped my basalt for the dying sun, and haven't regretted it. I leveled from 97 to 98 in fractured maps almost exclusively, without a single death.

Without the basalt I'm at 238k EHP against physical. (261k against ele, 390k against fire)

That makes sense to me. The Quartz is just too good this league. A Quartz flask with +15% to attack/spell dodge is perma Elusive on top of Phasing.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 24, 2020, 4:37:04 PM
Just checking in to say I've absolutely loved this build. I always thought Scourge Arrow was a cool ability, and this thread is what got me to finally give it a real shot. I'm absolutely melting just about anything I can fight and only die if I completely zone out of what I'm doing, and thanks to Harvest, I even made an extremely good bow entirely by accident!

I haven't quite felt lucky enough to try making a dual-influence chest, but it's definitely in the cards if I decide I want to try and take things to the next level. Thanks again for the great advice from thread contributors!
Just did a little crafting session to make myself a better boot.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

I got pretty lucky. No bad mods on the awakener's orb, hit 35% move with my first speed aug (1/6 chance). The life did take a ridiculous amount of crafts to get fixed but on the whole, pretty lucky.
Coming to the end of the levelling process now and while there's still a lot of (very expensive) gear to craft, it seems to be coming together.

It's got a bit of a glass jaw though. I need to get a bit more life on my gear to bring it clear over 5000, however that's not going to stop it getting one-shot all the time.

Defensively, what's the most important bit of gear to go for first?
@Sandevasfootball:
Gratz on your great bow. Btw, just notice that you have Life gain on hit on your MiA. Keep in mind that MiA will not life leech or gain frenzy charge back to you. If you want life gain on hit, you can consider my ring (with catalyst):

@magicrectangle:
Awesome boots! :D

@Bk老虎:
+ Defensive priority: chest -> helm or boot -> belt
+ Offensive priority: bow -> quiver -> amulet -> ring -> gloves
The end-game helm we are wearing looks tricky with almost all influenced mods but the process to craft it is deterministic. The boots can be tricky, but still deterministic.

(if you're lucky like magicrectangle or others, go with poison deals damage faster mod. Otherwise, go with PDR or resist like mine).

@All:
T19 100% delirious fully-juiced xbeyond map cleared. Video coming soon!
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info