[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Laere wrote:
So I am using enlighten 3 atm but I don't have enough mana to cast blast rain, not sure what else to do?

Pick up druidic rite, and pull a support out of blast rain (probably faster attacks). Or pick up both druidic rite AND arcane chemistry and keep the 6-link. Or swap arctic armor for precision (you are't hit capped).

"
Laere wrote:
Planning on removing the cold res and getting chaos res there instead. Was also thinking of leech as the last prefix? Idk what else to put there since I didn't get regular DOT.

Flat phys for more damage, or flat fire to activate cinderswallow (don't really wanna be doing blast rain except on bosses).

"
Crafting has been a lot of fun this league, I never crafted beforehand, and can't imagine crafting without harvest.

We're making insane items we couldn't even dream about on other leagues. Definitely nice to be playing a build that doesn't rely on many uniques so we can go ham on the harvest crafting.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 21, 2020, 5:31:33 AM
Yeah I will get precision then I only have 93% chance to hit.
"

Right now I'm using precision and forgoing arctic armor completely, feel like it's good in tough fights like Sirus but for regular stuff it's total overkill in this league. Honestly at this point precision gives me back two suffixes on my gear which is more important with all the excess good perks you can craft this league. To each their own, for the record though I'm at 7k life, 5 endurance charges, and 1.4 fortify so I have a bunch of mitigation.
IGN: Bonered
"
Ghostboner wrote:
"

Right now I'm using precision and forgoing arctic armor completely, feel like it's good in tough fights like Sirus but for regular stuff it's total overkill in this league. Honestly at this point precision gives me back two suffixes on my gear which is more important with all the excess good perks you can craft this league. To each their own, for the record though I'm at 7k life, 5 endurance charges, and 1.4 fortify so I have a bunch of mitigation.

Yeah I am at 1.23x fortify 4 endurance charges and 5.1k life atm, and 75/75/75/75, but I am only level 85, and gotta do some life re rolls on my gear, mostly my helm.

I am kind of contemplating getting divine flesh, since I can easily hit 85% chaos res with just an extra tier chaos rol, or a cpl chaos divines, but idk.
Last edited by Laere on Jul 21, 2020, 11:38:07 AM
"
Arvani89 wrote:
Hey, i guess i want to report in for first time on a build i followed.. so far i saw alot of different approaches on playing the build^^ imo most of the dmg is not needed, which is why i opted for defense and hh :D
Probabaly gonna try the boots with poison dmg faster or auls neck next for fun!
Thanks for the build Wolfie^^

Hey Mate how is the Build performing with HH? Wanna build something with HH and i really dont know what to play... since badge cost like the amount of an HH assasin isnt the way for me now...
Just dunked S8 got about 10m poison dam w/ thorns according to POB at level 90. Pretty nice. Think I might sell my other characters gear and start farming for another build. But this is pretty solid atm. I have been thinking of getting divine flesh jsut because I can, thoughts?
As one who experienced with and without Divine Flesh on paper and in-game, I would say that it depends on the damage type you receive that you optimize your mitigation towards. Having Divine Flesh is a legit variant of our build. Divine Flesh is a known way to increase your elemental mitigation, an +7%-8% to max ele resist with 90% chaos resist which is very easy to get this league. This is good for not only ele+chaos damage hit but also ele+chaos DoT.

The downside is the opportunity cost. Divine Flesh doesn't mitigate physical damage, and you would lose around 700-800 raw life to achieve Divine Flesh and 90% chaos resist and a bit of DPS (for the end-game viridian jewel). +700 raw life is equal to an additional 25k-30k effective physical damage hit pool, granted our build gears toward multiple less damage taken mechanics. Divine Flesh would yield a higher elemental damage hit pool. Since the scariest damage type to a Ranger is physical damage, esp. the big slam hits, opting for non Divine Flesh can be a better option imo. However, for very large elemental hits such as those in the deep Delve, Divine Flesh can be better. It's also worth noting that it's better to have a larger effective hit pool if you have high regen.

TL;DR: If you don't have our defense in place and want a quick way to mitigate elemental damage (and some phys damage if you have a Darkscorn), pick up a Divine Flesh is the most eco you can do. If you follow our build, you would want to make your decision, of whether to use a Divine Flesh or not, based on the damage type you are taking. Since it's very easy to craft gears, clusters this league, I encourage you to experiment both ways to see what fits you the best.

Edit: I just want to add that during my experience with 100% Delirious T18 juiced map with x2 beyonds, the rare Delirium mobs would attack you with slam hits that deal 23k physical damage. So it's very important that you improve your physical damage mitigation before taking on these challenge.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jul 22, 2020, 1:10:13 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
As one who experienced with and without Divine Flesh on paper and in-game, I would say that it depends on the damage type you receive that you optimize your mitigation towards. Having Divine Flesh is a legit variant of our build. Divine Flesh is a known way to increase your elemental mitigation, an +7%-8% to max ele resist with 90% chaos resist which is very easy to get this league. This is good for not only ele+chaos damage hit but also ele+chaos DoT.

The downside is the opportunity cost. Divine Flesh doesn't mitigate physical damage, and you would lose around 700-800 raw life to achieve Divine Flesh and 90% chaos resist and a bit of DPS (for the end-game viridian jewel). +700 raw life is equal to an additional 25k-30k effective physical damage hit pool, granted our build gears toward multiple less damage taken mechanics. Divine Flesh would yield a higher elemental damage hit pool. Since the scariest damage type to a Ranger is physical damage, esp. the big slam hits, opting for non Divine Flesh can be a better option imo. However, for very large elemental hits such as those in the deep Delve, Divine Flesh can be better. It's also worth noting that it's better to have a larger effective hit pool if you have high regen.

TL;DR: If you don't have our defense in place and want a quick way to mitigate elemental damage (and some phys damage if you have a Darkscorn), pick up a Divine Flesh is the most eco you can do. If you follow our build, you would want to make your decision, of whether to use a Divine Flesh or not, based on the damage type you are taking. Since it's very easy to craft gears, clusters this league, I encourage you to experiment both ways to see what fits you the best.

Hey appreciate your in-depth explanations a lot. I will then stick with my current set up which is basically The AUL amulet + 4 endurance charges setup without elusive. I am at level 93 atm and about 6.2k life and 10m+ damage on POB. I haven't died a single time in maps and have done S8 deathless easily loving the build a ton.

I am contemplating hunter slamming my belt for chaos damage as it is 400k more dps, but seems pointless when everything melts as is.
"
Laere wrote:
I am contemplating hunter slamming my belt for chaos damage as it is 400k more dps, but seems pointless when everything melts as is.

Hunter slam it for 10% increased life instead (or, you know, both).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jul 22, 2020, 11:04:29 AM
Bro, one question about POB, the thorn arrow damage is the damage per pod, or is it the damage assuming all the pods hit 1 target?
Don't really understand how its calculated in POB
EDIT: Nvm, figured it out.
for anyone wondering, the thorn damage in POB is wrong, its the equivalent of 1 pods average damage, multiplied by attack sped, which is inaccurate cause we are a channelling skill.
So in order to figure out your DPS with thorns, you need to take the pod avg damage and multiply it by the number of pods (assuming they all hit) and then figure out how many 5 stages casts u can pull off per second.
Last edited by Itsjdcc on Jul 22, 2020, 11:36:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info