Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hi all,

So i'm struggling a bit with improving DPS at end game (don't get me wrong, I do get bosses down quite quickly), I just looked at the Barrage-VF POB and it says it does 22mil dps (vs the 4m DPS of scourge arrow) - is this right?

Are there any downside to the barrage vs scourge arrow or is this the natural progression path to take?
I believe the PoB calculates the DPS for one thorn arrow.

There's a progression guide in the beginning of the OP. What I'm experimenting atm is having chance to gain frenzy on hit on the Chest (replacing Crusader's explode mod) for better single-target DPS and craft a quiver with chaos dot multi, dot multi and +1 arrow. I found it works great for BarrageVF against the Maven's invitation. I haven't been able to craft a proper chest as I want, so in the video vs The Feared posted earlier, I still used my previous chest. But I'd switch to frenzy chest with +120% fortify as soon as I can. P/s: moving enduring composure to small cluster to free up the chest suffix.
P/s2: I believe Sandervasfootball is also doing sth similar (or even better but for SA instead of barrageVF).

Sa vs BarrageVF:
+ SA: Superior clear.
+ BarrageVF: better single-target DPS, better sustainability (mostly thanks to Life gain on hit compared to SA).
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Mar 1, 2021, 3:12:52 AM
Hello all. Could I ask a few questions about map mods and how the build handles them please?

As I understand hexproof enemies are not a problem since there is a note on enfeeble about hexproof pen?

What about cannot leech/cannot regen life/ES/mana?

And lastly - reflect and blast rain?

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, the search function just searches the whole forum as I understand and not this topic specifically =/
None of those mods should harm the build in any way. The only map mod that actually bothers me is No Regen, and I fixed that with just getting some -Mana Cost to Skills prefix crafts on my rings. You don't deal enough elemental damage for reflect to ever harm you, curses are just bonus points while mapping since doing even 20% less damage barely matters when you're hitting for millions on trash, and our leeching is more of a happy accident than a proper defensive layer.
Last edited by 2pinki2 on Mar 3, 2021, 1:26:23 PM
Hello! I decided to give this build a try. Having a good time doing maps with it so far. However, I am experiencing some single-target damage issues, despite that I am positioning my character properly, has a helm enchant etc.

Could you please give some advice on what I should change and/or upgrade next in order to achieve more single target damage?

Spoiler

Edit: POB https://pastebin.com/yvE7VFhp
Last edited by silverthorne on Mar 4, 2021, 7:19:52 AM
"
silverthorne wrote:
Hello! I decided to give this build a try. Having a good time doing maps with it so far. However, I am experiencing some single-target damage issues, despite that I am positioning my character properly, has a helm enchant etc.

Could you please give some advice on what I should change and/or upgrade next in order to achieve more single target damage?

Spoiler

Edit: POB https://pastebin.com/yvE7VFhp

I would recommend going for the Bow and Quiver and also getting the fenumus weave gloves, I haven't looked @ your PoB but i'd compare it to the end game in terms of cluster jewels, thread of hope near phase acro etc.
"

I would recommend going for the Bow and Quiver and also getting the fenumus weave gloves, I haven't looked @ your PoB but i'd compare it to the end game in terms of cluster jewels, thread of hope near phase acro etc.

Thanks!
Already tried to craft a bow (corroded+metallic+aberrant fossil method), only to waste 10ex :< Not a single half-decent hit.
I guess with my luck it is better to just buy.
If you don't mind buying Harvest crafts, you can make some really powerful bows for like 6ex. Grab any i83+ Elder bow with some attack speed already on it and like... DoT multi, extra arrow, culling strike, etc. then do Suffixes can't be changed -> Scour -> Augment Chaos x2 (or Add/remove Chaos after you do a benchcraft if it's cheaper + Aug Chaos) and finish with Bench Chaos DoT Multi.
You could do as Sandevasfootball or even try a combination of both, get a bow with maybe one or two stats missing, then use harvest to get the others, alternatively if you're just not feeling it then you can grind currency and buy one but they can be very expensive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info