[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
spajjons wrote:
Hi wolfie.
Plese shere actual pastebin on scourge arrow And barrage.
Tank you.

It is in the guide, under Path of Building, the first one - and is labeled Barrage-Volleyfire. The POB has secondary options for Blast Rain and Scourge Arrow in it.
this is skill tree with tread of hope?
Last edited by spajjons on Feb 20, 2021, 8:30:23 AM
Hey Wolfie,

Thanks for the ideas regarding poison SA, loved the changes I have implented to my build thanks to Your wisdom :)

Had tons of fun with this variant of Barrage/SA PF, even crafted some cool hoodie for it with 3xElevated mod at the end of the league

Last edited by patpat022 on Feb 21, 2021, 7:13:16 PM
Thoughts on using barrage as secondary to apply wither stacks rather than blast rain, if the char is already using volley fire for the primary barrage?
I'm just checking in to say that swapping off of endurance charges for the Crushed Fort helmet and going all-in on Frenzy has done wonders for my damage. Also Harvest crafting is the shit:

You can make any item you want, anything at all!!!
"
Hawaianas wrote:
Hi everyone, I've been playing this build for around 2 weeks now and like to give my thoughts and impressions.

1- I didnt league start with it, I swapped to it once I had crafted my bow and had around 20Ex to buy the initial gear. Even with that the damage and survivability in the beginning felt a bit lacking, for that reason I think league starting with it would be very hard (maybe with some tweaks and smarter gear choices on what invest to get it going)
2- The playstyle was very keen to me. It is VERY active, and you need to know what ur doing to achiv it's full potential. In short, u need to manage ur flasks, manage SA, manage BR, and do the focus/MS rotation.
3- Your flasks ARE KING, i run around with 3 extra flasks in the bag, this is a flask ascendency and a flask build, know how to take advantage of that!!! I asked here before and it helped a lot, here is my setup (At all times: Foreboding Hybrid and Reflexes of Iron Skin, Clear: Cindeswallow, Quicksilver, Dying Sun, Bossing(guardians, sirius, etc, not map bosses): Overflowing, Coralitos, Taste of Hate), but u need to experiment and try what feels good for u.
4- Attributes fixing is a bit pain when u r trying to get the other good mods in the gear, but there is always a easy fix with the +30 on the tree
5- Dont overlook accuracy! Rings and abyss was enough for me to hit 99%, but u need at least 95% to it not feel bad.
6- If u dont like crafting this will be very hard, our gear pieces is not easily available to buy, but i took this opportunity to learn more about it
7- Final, and most important, once u have some key items and points, the build is GREAT!! The clear is very good even without explode chest (not top tier like HH farmers), u can do all map mods (this is often overlooked), it delves pretty well, and bossing is a cake (mainly for people like me that are not very good at dodging stuff, I can facetank 99% of Sirus A9 and Maven attacks (degens will still kill u)), and it is very easy to get levels while mapping, because u DONT DIE.

For those more score focused, here is my roundup (considering the final build, Transcendece Iron Reflexes SA+BR):
Budget - 3/5, not the cheapest to achiv its full potential. Around 30-50Ex, requires a lot of crafting
Mapping - 4/5, good clear with no worries for map mods
Bossing - 5/5
Survivability - 5/5 (not passive tough, u need to press some buttons)
Complexity - 3/5, a lot of things to track and a lot of key items that are necessary to the build to work
Fun - 5/5, not a passive build and i liked it a lot! smart decisions to be made, and alternate playstyle for tackle each content (channelling X tapping SA)

For those interested here is my gear:

Thanks all! Great build and great community to help u!!

Great feedbacks! Appreciate Hawaianas! Added to the guide in the first page (under section: 'Community Knowledge Sharing').
Really glad that you have had great fun with the build. Cheers!
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
patpat022 wrote:
Hey Wolfie,

Thanks for the ideas regarding poison SA, loved the changes I have implented to my build thanks to Your wisdom :)

Had tons of fun with this variant of Barrage/SA PF, even crafted some cool hoodie for it with 3xElevated mod at the end of the league

Insane helm!!
--
This build sounds great, I'm building the barrage non-delve version and having fun so far. So please don't take it too hard when I say this is the worst written build guide I've ever seen. Complete mess, information is smeared across different sections and sometimes is totally missing. EG PoB uses snakebite gloves, afaict those aren't even mentioned in the guide. There's one bit which is literally a section in a section that links to a youtube.

Some actual constructive ideas - start off with WHY we should choose the build. Pro/con etc. Then describe WHAT the build is - the variants, the tradeoffs between them and the mechanics. Finally go deep on HOW to build, full levelling/progression/crafting. The videos are good on WHY, the mechanics section is ok on WHAT, the HOW is real bad.

I find it confusing that in levelling, the 1-69 section is under the 70+85 sections. It should flow top-to-bottom, level 1-100. Also the levelling section seems to conflict quite hard with the progression roadmap (at the other end of the guide btw). Merge these imo.

Smaller things - I didn't see any discussion on how to maintain 100% poison chance while gearing? Is an Enduring hybrid also fine? Put "Updated 1/1/2021" on PoBs, having "[Original]" makes me think you didn't ever update them.

I'd much prefer this was 2-3 separate guides, maybe all linking to some shared info. I recognise this is way more work to update but damn, it'd be so much clearer.
OMG!
Last edited by elzibubble on Feb 25, 2021, 5:57:32 AM
The OP is definitely a rat's nest of information given how wide-ranging and flexible the SA build can be as my own many experiments can attest to. I do feel like 'Poison Chance' and 'Foreboding vs Enduring' questions are ones that a player should be able to answer for themselves given how they're straight-forward (Get 100% through whatever means, gear/passives/alt-gems/etc. and 'Enduring is weaker overall, but also fine'). I'm also weighing in as someone who doesn't have to bother maintaining an OP, so I can only imagine how much of a pain in the ass it will/would be to update the thing.

In other news I did the impossible and hit 100 despite dying many times during 99-100 because of my thirst for the Feared. Build still good!
I'll be happy if someone can help clean up the OP. Constructing feedbacks are more than welcome. At the same time, please also bear in mind that this build has been constantly upgraded for about a year to make the build updated to meta changes, patchnotes, and new build ideas. The by-products, unfortuantely, are lots of league-relevant redundancies that need to be cleaned up as well.

@Sandevasfootball: thanks for the help clarifying some of the notes I'd say myself regarding the flexibility of the build.

On a different note, I've tried to take on The Feared (Maven's invitation). Not perfect attempt I could do, but given the amount of limited practice, I think it's still an acceptable showcase to share.

https://youtu.be/t8WpQsprsBY

Two things I would do differently:
- Spend less time on the Synthete Nightmare's Void Pits (phys Dot and slow).
- Try Blast Rain + Balista totem instead of BR + MiArcher.

Cheers,
wolfie
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info