[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hello guys,
I'm playing with this build and i have some DPS issues.

https://pastebin.com/3s0T6RBf

Did not able to figure out where is the mistake, could you please check my POB?

Thanks.
TBH at this point really good Scourge Arrow bows(DoT Multi + Speed suffixes) only go for like 12-15ex for actually selling, at least if my experience of selling my own hand-crafted ones is any indication. I don't even bother making them now if I can't get a base with a decent speed roll already on it since it's just not really all that sensible to burn 7+ exalts on a Speed Augment.

Edit: Nevermind, it's TR DoT scaling. In that case your POB is set to 5 overlapping pods but unless you have some super gonzo AOE, it's probably not a full 5 overlapping.

Also 88% hit chance, which if you're making good use of the poison applications means like 1/8 poison stacks fails to land.
Last edited by Sandevasfootball on Mar 7, 2021, 4:57:03 AM
Nice guide but for a new player like myself you have 10 different chest configurations.. makes it a little confusing what to aim for. Would be great if you had a base version of gearing and then expand to the below from there?

POB:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, explode, endurance on hit, 120% fortify
- Dendrobate
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, endurance on hit, 120% fortify

Guide examples:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit, endurance on hit
- Sadist Garb
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit, +1 level of gems

Crafting:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, 120% fortify
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, explode
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, +1 curse

Last edited by JKR_ on Mar 7, 2021, 6:23:58 AM
"
TBH at this point really good Scourge Arrow bows(DoT Multi + Speed suffixes) only go for like 12-15ex for actually selling, at least if my experience of selling my own hand-crafted ones is any indication. I don't even bother making them now if I can't get a base with a decent speed roll already on it since it's just not really all that sensible to burn 7+ exalts on a Speed Augment.

Edit: Nevermind, it's TR DoT scaling. In that case your POB is set to 5 overlapping pods but unless you have some super gonzo AOE, it's probably not a full 5 overlapping.

Also 88% hit chance, which if you're making good use of the poison applications means like 1/8 poison stacks fails to land.

Thank you very much for your advices.

I have increased accu to 97%:
With Abyssal Jewel and passive points.
https://pastebin.com/3s0T6RBf

But still i'm farm away from end game builds DPS with 120-130 ex invesment.

"
JKR_ wrote:
Nice guide but for a new player like myself you have 10 different chest configurations.. makes it a little confusing what to aim for. Would be great if you had a base version of gearing and then expand to the below from there?

POB:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, explode, endurance on hit, 120% fortify
- Dendrobate
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, endurance on hit, 120% fortify

Guide examples:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit, endurance on hit
- Sadist Garb
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, frenzy on hit, +1 level of gems

Crafting:
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, 120% fortify
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, explode
- Assassin's Garb: -15 mana cost, +1 curse

IMO aim for -15 and endurance on hit, in the beginning, than periodicaly upgrade your gears. -15 and endurance oh hit are mandatory mods
Endurance on Hit should be an evergreen choice unless you swap over to Transcendence or start using a Crushed Helm. It saves you a small passive cluster and also lets you flex into using a really sauced up Immortal Call. The -Mana cost is also pretty mandatory because without it you have to sacrifice a precious flask swap to maintain the gas guzzler that is Scourge Arrow.
So a neat little tech piece I've discovered for dealing with pure ST fights (Conqs, Maven, Sirus, Aul, etc.) is that using the same links as Scourge Arrow, you can swap out Infused Channelling for Awakened Arrow Nova and have an absolute tankbuster for your main skill. Volley Fire doesn't do anything for it, and Arrow Nova hilariously performs about 1% better overall as a 5c gem than Awakened Greater Proj at 25 exalts. It clears like absolute dogshit in this mode though, so I cannot stress hard enough on how you should only really use it for murdering bosses who Honour Duel 1v1 you.
"
So a neat little tech piece I've discovered for dealing with pure ST fights (Conqs, Maven, Sirus, Aul, etc.) is that using the same links as Scourge Arrow, you can swap out Infused Channelling for Awakened Arrow Nova and have an absolute tankbuster for your main skill. Volley Fire doesn't do anything for it, and Arrow Nova hilariously performs about 1% better overall as a 5c gem than Awakened Greater Proj at 25 exalts. It clears like absolute dogshit in this mode though, so I cannot stress hard enough on how you should only really use it for murdering bosses who Honour Duel 1v1 you.

The idea of Awkened Nova + Barrage with MiA on one 6-link and the balista totem on another sounds like fun and interesting. :D
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Awakened Arrow Nova Barrage is a serious buzzsaw on single targets. I thought the PoB I was theorycrafting for it had some weird calculations going on, but no it actually does phase Maven in like 6 seconds of holding down Barrage. It'll be a super cheap bossing skill combo for me in leagues going forward since nobody on the planet wants to use Awakened Arrow Nova for things.
Finally, after burning around 40ex +/- I managed to fossil craft something decent:

Would've preferred IAS instead of an extra projectile but that's also fine. Poison damage is also not the best.

However, it seems like it is worth switching to this bow. But I am concerned about survivability hit in comparison with Darkscorn. What was your experience with this switch guys?

Cheers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info