[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
1nfest wrote:
how one would go about crafting a bow like the one in the POB? I have done a lot of things in POE but crafting a poison bow is not one of them. What's the best strategy in your opinion wolfie?

I think the best strat for crafting such bow is fossil-crafting. You'd go with:
Abberanth Fossil: more chaos, no lightning
Metalic Fossil: more lightning, no phys
Corroed Fossil: more poison, no ele

The most important mod you want to land on the rare: "60% chance poison inflicted with this weapon to deal double damage", T1 added chaos damage, T1 increased chaos damage/poison on hit chance.

Then bench-craft +40% chaos DoT multiplier.

From what I learned so far, there're some methods to craft an even better bow.

Edit: just to make it clear, you need a lvl-83 elder bow, preferably thicket base.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 19, 2020, 12:51:55 PM
I'm thinking of playing this in Hardcore, any tips for not dying?
When should i spec out of iron reflexes to get acro/phase acro and wind dancer?(wind dancer seems so good with acro/phase acro i was thinking of going straight into it and skip iron reflexes, what do u think about that?)
For auras, since i need to be as tankier as possible i was thinking of going with HoA, artic armour and blood and sand.
Last edited by Raidki on Jun 19, 2020, 12:09:36 PM
Thanks for response, good luck you too.
"
Raidki wrote:
I'm thinking of playing this in Hardcore, any tips for not dying?

I guess try to offscreen as much as you can? Also grab Enduring Cry with 2xKaom's Sign (the cheap one) early on, maybe.
Even though I didn't die all too much in Delirium, I still died (mostly due to the Delirium's on-dead effects in the early game). So take my advice with a grain of salt. :)

Edit: and dont' forget to bring a Granite Flask with you (early game with Iron Reflexes).

Also, if you play Hardcore, I'd suggest that you consider taking Nature's Boon as your first Ascendancy point.

"

When should i spec out of iron reflexes to get acro/phase acro and wind dancer?(wind dancer seems so good with acro/phase acro i was thinking of going straight into it and skip iron reflexes, what do u think about that?)
For auras, since i need to be as tankier as possible i was thinking of going with HoA, artic armour and blood and sand.

Perhaps before you enter yellow maps, or when you are able to craft your Enduring Composure (this is the most important jewel to our build). Then spec out of Iron Reflexes and grab Wind Dancer and the Acro/Phase Acro.

Enduring Composure builds up and maintains your endurance charges, but it'd leave you vulnerable for the first hit. Wind Dancer would help mitigate that.

"

You meant Flesh and Stone/Sand Stand? Agreed with HoA and Arctic Armour.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 19, 2020, 12:25:28 PM
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Yep, got confused for a sec there.

Thanks for the answer.
"
Raidki wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Yep, got confused for a sec there.

Thanks for the answer.

No problem. Edit in last post, not sure if you saw it, so I post here again:
"

Edit: and don't forget to bring a Granite Flask with you (early game with Iron Reflexes).

Also, if you play Hardcore, I'd suggest that you consider taking Nature's Boon as your first Ascendancy point.
--
Pepega question as I couldnt ctrl+f find and I dont know how to search thread only. "From what do you get thoose poison explosions?" Thanks!
"
mogamii wrote:
Pepega question as I couldnt ctrl+f find and I dont know how to search thread only. "From what do you get thoose poison explosions?" Thanks!

It is from the Unspeakable Gift notable on the Chaos damage large cluster jewel.
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
skg94 wrote:
:o thanks for the shoutout.

I wanted to ask if you ever thought about adding a totem variant? Last few days of delirium I switched over to the totem variant with wither and malevolence on a totem and i felt like i did so much more dps on bosses. I know MIA is only ~36% dmg but it feels so much nicer to have MIA on your scourge. I didnt lose out on as much tankiness as i thought without herald of purity/golem either.

Any reason you went with arctic armor this time around over dread banner? Is it because this time you dont have divine flesh and you want as much damage reduction as possible?

Looking forward to your updates as the league progresses.

I did try wither totem and it was clunky for me in general. It's also not very useful in Simulacrum and mapping since the totems got destroyed as soon as they popped up. On the other hand, Blast Rain/MiA (or a secondary wither-gen atack in general) can help in any circumstances. You will start to embrace Blast Rain when you reach a certain level of DPS. But what you feel is the most important. :)

Take care and good luck farming :)

Agreed its useless for mapping in general but never felt we needed wither stacks for mapping except maybe fully delirious elites, and personally I never run sims alone.

Ill try my best to embrace it this league lol. Any variants where you keep MIA on scourge and use a wither-gen attack? The quality of life from MIA during mapping is pretty big.
Going to league start with this in HC and got a question regarding when is the best time to switch to Scourge Arrow from Caustic.

I assume the minimum requirement would be Darkscorn as I image SA poison dps will be quite low before getting decent gear?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info