[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

May I enquire if there's an issue with the v1 POB link? Tried it but it didnt work but the leveling POE works.

*Tried reinstalling the new version, it worked.
Last edited by Smalore on Jun 19, 2020, 2:08:48 AM
Hi, looking to start with this build. Do you have any tips for a starter - mappping bow? Before getting the i83 Elder base or darkscorn. Imperial legacy and try to craft as, added chaos or good phys rolls, master dot multi (hoping for them sweet harvest crafts!)?
Last edited by NauravaNakki on Jun 19, 2020, 4:25:24 AM
:o thanks for the shoutout.

I wanted to ask if you ever thought about adding a totem variant? Last few days of delirium I switched over to the totem variant with wither and malevolence on a totem and i felt like i did so much more dps on bosses. I know MIA is only ~36% dmg but it feels so much nicer to have MIA on your scourge. I didnt lose out on as much tankiness as i thought without herald of purity/golem either.

Any reason you went with arctic armor this time around over dread banner? Is it because this time you dont have divine flesh and you want as much damage reduction as possible?

Looking forward to your updates as the league progresses.

Last edited by skg94 on Jun 19, 2020, 3:58:25 AM
"
skg94 wrote:
:o thanks for the shoutout.

I wanted to ask if you ever thought about adding a totem variant? Last few days of delirium I switched over to the totem variant with wither and malevolence on a totem and i felt like i did so much more dps on bosses. I know MIA is only ~36% dmg but it feels so much nicer to have MIA on your scourge. I didnt lose out on as much tankiness as i thought without herald of purity/golem either.

Any reason you went with arctic armor this time around over dread banner? Is it because this time you dont have divine flesh and you want as much damage reduction as possible?

Looking forward to your updates as the league progresses.

I did try wither totem and it was clunky for me in general. It's also not very useful in Simulacrum and mapping since the totems got destroyed as soon as they popped up. On the other hand, Blast Rain/MiA (or a secondary wither-gen atack in general) can help in any circumstances. You will start to embrace Blast Rain when you reach a certain level of DPS. But what you feel is the most important. :)

Take care and good luck farming :)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--

              🌱🌾🌽 League-start Suggestion  🍄🍅🍆

As requested by many, I've added the league-start section. Hope I didn't miss anything and it's not too late. Good luck to everyone!

League starting (level 1-69):
- Attack gem:
Spoiler

• Caustic Arrow -> Toxic Rain -> Scourge Arrow (seem to be the community choice), or
  • Caustic Arrow for mapping and Barrage for boss (what's I'm gonna do).
  • Caustic Arrow setup (early): Caustic Arrow - Pierce - Void Manipulation - Vicious Projectiles.
  • Barrage setup (early): Barrage - Lesser Poison - Faster Attack - Vicious Projectiles/Maim
  • Barrage setup (5-link): Barrage - Withering Touch - Added Chaos Damage - Vile Toxin - Unbound Ailment/Vicious Projectiles

- Gears:
Spoiler

Rings:

I would start with 2x Kaom's Sign and use Enduring Cry to gain 5 endurance charges in case I have to engage a crowded mobs.

Amulet:

Weapon:

Silverbranch -> Quill Rain -> (Death's Harp/Lioneye's Glare) -> Death's Opus. I prefer Death's Harp to Lioneye's Glare because of the addional arrow.

Chest:

Gloves:

Helmet:

Boots:

Quiver:

Drillneck is well-rounded choice for our build and will be our quiver until we can grab something better for the end-game.

Belts:

Flasks:

Coralito and Witchfire are main DPS boost. A mana flask would be useful in the early game.

Level 70-80-90 PoBs (3.10) are available in the Leveling section in the OP.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 19, 2020, 5:40:42 AM
What Aura setup do you recommend before getting Malevolence mod Aul's amulet?
"
faraazahmed wrote:
What Aura setup do you recommend before getting Malevolence mod Aul's amulet?

I'd suggest:

HoA - Flesh and Stone (Sand stand) - Dread Banner - [Aspect of the Spider] - Enlighten (3)

HoA - Flesh and Stone (Sand stand) - Arctic Armour - [Aspect of the Spider] - Enlighten (4)

--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 19, 2020, 6:55:02 AM
Thanks for the build, definitely great idea&synergy. What about t16 boss with avoid poison map mod, Phoenix for example? I always have dps problems on poison build with bosses that have high hp and poison avoid.

I am thinking about skill for leveling, run all acts with toxic rain or SA will be good at start?

"No need to clear every single mob in the area when you level up. Instead, if you've already got what you come for, log out / log in to go back to your town more quickly." You forgot about queue at league start, do log out at first hours not a good idea.

I guess strategy is getting Darkscorn as soon as possible? Then get/craft clusters jewels, good amulet with anointment and flask and then upgrade other gear, helment enchant. Craft a good amulet may be hard tho. What about early flask setup?
1)Hybrid
2)Quartz
3)Quicksilver
4)Basalt
5)Silver/Sulphur/Granite(maybe with Iron reflexes)?
Coralito must be cheap at start, Chalice flask has no sence without anointment.

Thanks for this build again, i hyped with league start even more now. PogChamp
Last edited by ТриІсторії on Jun 19, 2020, 11:19:18 AM
how one would go about crafting a bow like the one in the POB? I have done a lot of things in POE but crafting a poison bow is not one of them. What's the best strategy in your opinion wolfie?
"
Thanks for the build, definitely great idea&synergy. What about t16 boss with avoid poison map mod, Phoenix for example? I always have dps problems on poison build with bosses that have high hp and poison avoid.

I am thinking about skill for leveling, run all acts with toxic rain or SA will be good at start?

"No need to clear every single mob in the area when you level up. Instead, if you've already got what you come for, log out / log in to go back to your town more quickly." You forgot about queue at league start, do log out at first hours not a good idea.

I guess strategy is getting Darkscorn as soon as possible? Then get/craft clusters jewels, good amulet with anointment and flask and then upgrade other gear, helment enchant. Craft a good amulet may be hard tho. What about early flask setup?
1)Hybrid
2)Quartz
3)Quicksilver
4)Basalt
5)Silver/Sulphur/Granite(maybe with Iron reflexes)?
Coralito must be cheap at start, Chalice flask has no sence without anointment.

Thanks for this build again, i hyped with league start even more now. PogChamp

With enemies have 50% chance to avoid poison, the effective DPS would reduce to around 5mil. I think it should be fine against Phoenix with poison avoidance mod.

"

You forgot about queue at league start, do log out at first hours not a good idea.

Haha that's true. But I rarely played in the first few hours. :P

There's a leveling guide in the OP, so I'd recommend having a look at that. In the early - mid game, we should go with Iron Reflexes because big phys hits are rare in this period of the game. Only in the end-game, we switch to evasion/dodge + Fortify + endurance charges.

You can rush for Darkscorn, either keeping it for the whole game or opting for a rare bow later on.

The flask section is kind of flexible. I'd recommend Witchfire, Coralito, quicksilver, etc. Witchfire until you get your ring/gloves with despair on hit.

Good luck. :)
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 19, 2020, 12:03:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info