[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
faraazahmed wrote:
Hey, I'm looking at the trees posted both by you and deathbeam for Scourge Arrow which I am going to league start with for 3.11.

I'm not too concerned about leveling, early game etc as I plan to go with CA & switch to SA after I can craft an ilvl 83 Elder Thicket Bow.

My questions based on your PoB are:

"
We have gone full less-damage-taken route instead of increasing resistance. If you plan to go with Divine Flesh, think about 600+ raw life loss. If you weigh in our less-damage-taken defense, it's equivalent to ~6,000 or more effective HP loss based on the nature of the map/content you run (the new setup shines in scenarios that monsters deal an enormous amount of damage). As a result, Divine Flesh may not be the best option. It's your call to make.

1) I had invested fully into Divine Flesh in 3.10, by getting 90% max chaos res, ~80% phys damage taken converted to cold, chaos and fire. Together with Fortify anoint, this setup was able to facetank t19 triple beyond maps and made me a big fan of Divine Flesh.

I just pulled your PoB. You do have a great build. Congratz. Glad to know another fellow who employs Hardened Scars to have Fortify.

"

I'm concerned that since we don't have Dodge cap without Vaal Grace, there may be times where you get chunked in t19 level rippy content and you don't have Wind Dancer up.

Usually I map with an Alchemist's Quartz flask, so an additional 15% attack/spell dodge to make our dodge chance 60/50 without Vaal Grace. Thinking about Elusive notable / cluster to cap it, but I didn't have time to investigate such a possibility.

"

Can you weigh in a bit more on the numbers behind the above quoted statement for someone who is a noob? What are the other less damage taken layers?

Lie! You were probably a noob 10 years ago and now know every tiny aspect of the build already. :))

We focus on phys damage reduction because it's the one that kills bow build the most (the other one is DoT). Some of the less damage taken utilities in the build:

25%-28% less damage taken from hit from 1.25x-1.4x Fortify.
13% less phys/fire damage taken from hit
83% less phys damage taken with 5x Endurance charges (Immortal Call)

Besides,
9% phys damage from hit taken as cold damage.
20% Phys damage reduction with 5x Endurance charges.
23% phys damage reduction from Alchemist's Basalt flask.

"

2) Enduring Composure vs. using Enduring Cry? Seems like the new buffs to Enduring Cry make it very attractive for this build, providing regen and on demand endurance charge generation. I've kinda gotten used to manually using Enduring Cry for charge gen. This allows us to ditch Enduring Composure for another Fettle.

From my experience trying both Enduring Composure and Enduring Cry skill, the former auto builds your endurance charges which nearly guarantees Immortal Call proc with maximum benefit from our 5 endurance charges. Without Enduring Composure, you may not be able to gain Endurance charges right after Immortal Call procs since ImC eats all available charges. So if there's a lethal phys slam that hits you when ImC starts to cooldown and you are not able to cast Enduring Cry, you don't have 20% phys damage reduction from 5 charges.

Enduring Composure, on the other hand, builds up your endurance charges even when ImC is active. That guarantees you full protection from phys hit. The weakness of Enduring Composure is on the first hit, and Wind Dancer will help mitigate that.

In addition, Enduring Cry in the new league has 6-second cooldown iirc unless you invest in the warcry nodes. That makes Enduring Cry even a less appealing option compared to Enduring Composure.

"

3) Any way of adding No Witnesses to the build do you think? I was hyped for No Witnesses to be taken along with Wind Dancer, but the placement of it is a big rip. Does the build otherwise have some way of getting Elusive? Are Elusive boots the only option since we are so passive point starved?

No Witnesses is also on my list. I tried to grab it via Thread of Hopes, but the skill-tree shuffling seems to make it out of reach whatever I tried. I don't know if it's just me, PoB not updated, or that the reality we have to accept.

Based on the latest notable/keystone, No Witnesses is the only notable that grants Elusive. So if you are neither an Assassin nor using Nightblad on dagger nor having the Elusive boot, the only option you have to gain Elusive is Withering Step. I guess we all know that the boot option is not be the best because Scourge Arrow doesn't crit all too much. Not easy to have Elusive in bossfight with that mod.

"

Thanks, going to keep an eye out for any updates you post at league start and soon after.

Cheers!

Sure, thanks for dropping by and have a great league ahead.

Cheers

Edit: the new Enduring cry's cooldown is 6-sec (not 8-sec). And I will be testing it with Enduring Composure. 5 endurance charges + Enduring Cry = 10% additional PDR. :)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 18, 2020, 10:02:06 AM
Hi, thanks for the Guide. I have a question regarding Cluster Jewels. If i saw it correctly, cluster jewels are still a big part of this build, even after delirium.

How hard will it be to get the required cluster jewels?
Hey!
Got here from your reddit thread, will definitely roll with this build.

Small tip for starters: grabbing No Witnesses should be a go-to while leveling, before we can actually get optimized clusters for the build.
Should be well worth the investment, and can take some non-shitty nodes along the way as well as some int for easy gearing early on.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I see your point about the damage reductions.

As far as I understood the updates, you can't get No Witnesses on cluster jewels anymore. You either get it on tree or anoint it.

Looking forward to league start its gonna be great!
Thank you for the speedy 3.11 PoB updates. I can't wait to try this build out tomorrow.
"
Schokoholzi wrote:
Hi, thanks for the Guide. I have a question regarding Cluster Jewels. If i saw it correctly, cluster jewels are still a big part of this build, even after delirium.

How hard will it be to get the required cluster jewels?

There is no way to say how hard it is to get the required jewels at this moment. The good thing is that you will only need them until you reach ~level 85-90, so plenty of time to find them.

Based on the patch notes, you can increase the chance of encountering the Delirium mirror by adding more modifiers to the map. And the chance for cluster jewels to drop has increased, perhaps as to compensate for the fact that previously Delirium mirror is guaranteed to be seen 100% in maps, and now the chance has been reduced to a base of 5%.

"

Delirium Mechanics Added to the Core Game

Delirium has been added to the core game. From the Torched Courts onwards, you'll have approximately a 5% chance to encounter a Mirror of Delirium in each area. Once you reach the Atlas, that chance will increase by a small amount for each other league, atlas or master mechanic that appears in that area. In other words, if your goal is to encounter Mirrors of Delirium then you are encouraged to use your Zana modifiers, master missions, sextants, and whatever else you have available to you!
You'll now have a greater chance of finding Cluster Jewels through Delirium encounters, proportional to the number of rewards you earn during that encounter.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 18, 2020, 2:27:09 PM
"
Miffy23 wrote:
Hey!
Got here from your reddit thread, will definitely roll with this build.

Small tip for starters: grabbing No Witnesses should be a go-to while leveling, before we can actually get optimized clusters for the build.
Should be well worth the investment, and can take some non-shitty nodes along the way as well as some int for easy gearing early on.

Thanks. This sounds like a good tip. :)
--
"
faraazahmed wrote:
Thanks for the detailed reply. I see your point about the damage reductions.

As far as I understood the updates, you can't get No Witnesses on cluster jewels anymore. You either get it on tree or anoint it.

Looking forward to league start its gonna be great!

It's sad that we can no longer get No Witnesses on cluster jewel while the notable's position in the new tree is too weird.

"

Thank you for the speedy 3.11 PoB updates. I can't wait to try this build out tomorrow.

No problem. Have fun and keep us posted.
--

              🌱🌾🌽 League Start General Tips! 🍄🍅🍆

I compile a list of information that may be useful when you league start:

1) Aggregated League Start Tips:

• Grab a Quicksilver early on.
  • No need to clear every single mob in the area when you level up. Instead, if you've already got what you come for, log out / log in to go back to your town more quickly.
  • If you think you are likely to miss something important: use PoE Leveling companion checklist by FifteenFifty.
  • Also a visualized list of important checkpoints (reddit) updated by u/Mr_J_M.
  • Try to take a break as much as you can: play for 45-60min -> break for 5min (go grab your coffee, stretch, bathroom trip, etc.). Don't play for more than 2h / session without break.
  • Don't drown by peer pressure. You play at your own pace.
  • Keep good posture while you play: understand and avoid related risks to your health.
  • Drink plenty. Stay away from alcohol if you play in Hardcore league.
  • Setup your lootfilter.
  • Understand level penalty and death penalty to experience gained when you level up in maps.
  • Die more than I do.

2) Harvest league and crafting outcome (official announcement)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2874544
Some interesting crafts:
- Target annulment
- Off-color forging
- Currency exchange or reforged as a different type (example: 10c for an Ex :O).
- Item reforged as another one of similar type.
- The list goes on..
- It looks like you can store the seeds as well.
- If you prefer to listen / view rather than read the boring text, I can recommend this excellent video from Zizaran.
- For Solo-Self found: the below crafting-mod may help you speed up your farming for the Nostalgia ring used in our build:
"
Sacrifice a tier 14 map or higher to create a random Unique Synthesis Map
(Not sure what is the accessibility of that mod. Alternatively, you can also craft a rare Amethyst Ring with lots of +chaos resist on it.)

3) League-starting skills

• One of the methods many favor: Start with Caustic Arrow -> Toxic Rain -> Scourge Arrow.
  • For this league, my new trial: Start with Caustic Arrow for mapping and Barrage for boss -> Scourge Arrow.
  • My previous league starter: Split Arrow / Barrage -> Rain of Arrow / Barrage -> Scourge Arrow.

4) Warcry gem:
- List of new gems and Starting level.
- I am thinking of one of the following setups for the early game:

Enduring Cry - Withering Step - Dash - Second Wind Support
  • Enduring Cry (available at level 10).
  • Urgen Order Support (available at level 31): +2sec to cooldown. +59% increased warcry speed.

If you want to use 2 warcries, you may want Urgen Order Support
Enduring Cry - Rallying Cry - Urgen Order Support - Second Wind Support
  • Enduring Cry (available at level 10).
  • Rallying Cry (available at level 24).
  • Urgen Order Support (available at level 31): +2sec to cooldown. +59% increased warcry speed.

If you use Rallying Cry, you may want Herald of Purity. Minions are considered as Ally, so they synergize with Rallying Cry.

Herald of Agony - Herald of Purity - Withering Step
  • Herald of Purity (available at level 16).

              🌱🌾🌽 Good luck, Farmers! 🍄🍅🍆

--
"
WolfieNa wrote:

• One of the methods many favor: Start with Caustic Arrow -> Toxic Rain -> Scourge Arrow.
  • For this league, my new trial: Start with Caustic Arrow for mapping and Barrage for boss -> Scourge Arrow.
  • My previous league starter: Split Arrow / Barrage -> Rain of Arrow / Barrage -> Scourge Arrow.

What links would you recommend for the barrage setup while leveling?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info