[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Moonchild3370 wrote:
Hi !
I really enjoy this build, fast and smooth gameplay, all was really fine and fun up to the moment I hit red maps, I die often if I can't manage to dodge attacks.
My resists are fine, dodge chance too.
Maybe not enough DPS? My PoB shows 522K Total DPS, that's 10 times lower than the one on this guide, dunno why... :(
Or enough life? I'm sitting at 4654 now.

I really have no point of what I must improve, can someone have a look at my PoB?

Thanks in advance !!

https://pastebin.com/MPdyy5D3

I'd suggest that you stick to the reference PoB.

What you need to check:
- Coralito flask for DPS.
- Jade flask of iron/reflexes for armor stacking as you have Iron Reflexes. You do IR but your armor is too low to make any impact.
- Determination.
- Check on the Ignite box in the Config tab of PoB since your MiA-Blast Rain ignites.
- Your chaos resist is low. A swamp of A8 Al-Hezmin's vipers would inflict lethal damage to you.
- Immortal Call and Molten Shell don't work with each other. When IC triggered, it deactivates MS. Your armor is too low that you don't see any point in having MS.
- Most of veteran in our thread use a quicksilver for mapping. It is because their chars are stacked with defensive layers. You will get there, but at this stage, you are not. So work with the defense and use quicksilver later on when you are ready.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Hey Wolfie,

do you think even with my armor at this point I should run IC over MS?

Also what do you think I should focus on next.

Thanks in advance!

https://pastebin.com/VivJN75v
Figured I'd give a little bit of a weekend update:

So I've cleared almost everything (wiped to maven my first try in her last phase, messing up my void zones) I feel like with a little more damage it would have been a cake walk

IR molten shell build is awesome - definitely has far more survivability than the dodge build *when molten shell is up - holy cow do you get rocked if you don't pay attention for 2 seconds and let molten shell / flasks drop

It's definitely harder to gear - fitting all of the uniques in with thread of hope - resists is difficult. I'm using 10c gloves to make things work atm, til I can get some stats up
The Molten Shell is definitely better in terms of defense. What you should try is to rotate between Molten Shell and Focus with the +120% Fortify on chest.

On the DPS end, I'd suggest you guys to try the -9% chaos resist (Hunter) on the helm. It's not hard to craft with Harvest. Block prefix, double augment chaos and annul one chaos for a 50% chance to have the -9% chaos resist mod left on your helm. I'd recommend the Hunter (-9% chaos resist) + Crusader (+25% Fortify, +2% max lightning if go Transcendence like I did). If you feel you don't need the extra Fortify increment from the helm, you can go with -9% chaos resist all alone. The helm crafting is quite deterministic.

For Iron Reflexes + armor stacking with MS. You want to have 50k armor (flasked up) to enjoy the max benefit of MS. Always remember to unmount Immortal Call when you decide to pursue IR MS.
--
Sry if I missed, what do you think about alternative quality for SA?
"
WolfieNa wrote:
The Molten Shell is definitely better in terms of defense. What you should try is to rotate between Molten Shell and Focus with the +120% Fortify on chest.

On the DPS end, I'd suggest you guys to try the -9% chaos resist (Hunter) on the helm. It's not hard to craft with Harvest. Block prefix, double augment chaos and annul one chaos for a 50% chance to have the -9% chaos resist mod left on your helm. I'd recommend the Hunter (-9% chaos resist) + Crusader (+25% Fortify, +2% max lightning if go Transcendence like I did). If you feel you don't need the extra Fortify increment from the helm, you can go with -9% chaos resist all alone. The helm crafting is quite deterministic.

For Iron Reflexes + armor stacking with MS. You want to have 50k armor (flasked up) to enjoy the max benefit of MS. Always remember to unmount Immortal Call when you decide to pursue IR MS.

You have to remember we're a week into league, and things like augment chaos cost 2ex at the moment :)
How reliable is blast rain in igniting enemies. I'm considering between buying dying sun or cinderswallow next. Currently using barrage version.

I can only afford one and I wonder if blast rain is reliable enough with ignites

"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
How reliable is blast rain in igniting enemies. I'm considering between buying dying sun or cinderswallow next. Currently using barrage version.

I can only afford one and I wonder if blast rain is reliable enough with ignites

Blast Rain is a very reliable source of ignite after you have the Master Alchemist ascendancy node. Dying Sun is a better DPS boost for Barrage. Cinderswallow is better for Scourge Arrow DPS-wise.

"
You have to remember we're a week into league, and things like augment chaos cost 2ex at the moment :)

Yeah just want to lay out some options. :)
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:

Blast Rain is a very reliable source of ignite after you have the Master Alchemist ascendancy node. Dying Sun is a better DPS boost for Barrage. Cinderswallow is better for Scourge Arrow DPS-wise.

"

Ah ok sounds good, thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think it's worth going both with barrage either way? Seems like cinderswallow is good for survivability also
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Zyaak2point0 wrote:

"

Ah ok sounds good, thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think it's worth going both with barrage either way? Seems like cinderswallow is good for survivability also

Yeah. Go for both if you can afford them.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info