[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

@WolfieNa
First of all, thanks a lot for this build/guide and your answers/help aswell as other players to this thread. (I have a small remark tho, your POB's are quite chaotic to follow because things in the written guide differs sometimes and I personnaly get a bit lost, but that's just proably me)

It is actually one of the best build I've played in this game and I've played since beta.

Anyway, I'm now level 93 and I want to upgrade my build, I have 6 pure exalt and maybe 5-6 more exalts in chaos/trades.
The problem is, I don't know where to begin, I think my damages are a bit low and my tankyness too, I've managed to clear Sirus A8 without too much difficulty, and T16 bosses are quite easy but I feel like there's a LOT to improve.
Any help/guidance appreciated.

My setup is mostly inspired by Slottm (your character is a bookmark in my browser :) ) and a lot of questions have been answered by LiAtLarge, so I'd like to thank both of you.

Spoiler

Here are my items, I know that I have to upgrade helmet, quiver, boots, belt and my jewels too. I don't have Cinderswallow atm too.
For the bow, I'm using this one for now, I'm trying to 6 link an other one and craft it.

But like I said, I don't know where to begin/what I should prioritise.

Here's my POB : https://pastebin.com/5xvgAk2g
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me upgrade this great build
@Sixtine,

You may want to craft Focus (ailment dura) on helm and (+120% fortify) on chest as soon as you can. And take the Hyperboreus if you can manage with the resist. Then rotate between MS and Focus. Hyperboreus allows you to have effectively 50% Focus uptime.

@Slottm & @LiAtLarge: it's you guys' stage. :)
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--

Ah ok sounds good, thanks for the speedy reply. Do you think it's worth going both with barrage either way? Seems like cinderswallow is good for survivability also[/quote]
Yeah. Go for both if you can afford them.[/quote]

Is the stun avoidance/MS the best type of mod for cinderswallow for barragE?
"
Is the stun avoidance/MS the best type of mod for cinderswallow for barragE?

Yes, your barrage's effective DPS + Life gain on hit will plunge if you get stunned when firing. The stun avoidance from Cinderswallow solves that problem.
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
@Sixtine,

You may want to craft Focus (ailment dura) on helm and (+120% fortify) on chest as soon as you can. And take the Hyperboreus if you can manage with the resist. Then rotate between MS and Focus. Hyperboreus allows you to have effectively 50% Focus uptime.

What about Aul's Uprising ? I'm using IR but I can't use Determination right now or I lack damages.
Also the watcher's eye, the boots ?
Are those luxury upgrades I should wait on ?
Like I said I don't know where to start the upgrades haha
"
Sixtine wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:
@Sixtine,

What about Aul's Uprising ? I'm using IR but I can't use Determination right now or I lack damages.
Also the watcher's eye, the boots ?
Are those luxury upgrades I should wait on ?
Like I said I don't know where to start the upgrades haha

The above upgrade I told is very affordable. The final end-game amulet, Aul with Determination, is ~10-14ex while the Malev counterpart is more than 20ex. Just stay tuned and work on your gear piece by piece (although super-efficient players like Slottm, LiAtLarge, and others may have some tricks to do multiple pieces at once). Btw, quiver is a good place to pack your punch.
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jan 25, 2021, 1:02:27 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:

The above upgrade I told is very affordable. The final end-game amulet, Aul with Determination, is ~10-14ex while the Malev counterpart is more than 20ex. Just stay tuned and work on your gear piece by piece (although super-efficient players like Slottm, LiAtLarge, and others may have some tricks to do multiple pieces at once). Btw, quiver is a good place to pack your punch.

Ok I see. I'll start by crafting a better helmet and buy/craft a quiver then.
I was also wondering, should I buy awakened/alternate quality gems now or only upgrade gear for now ?
I ran into delema.

I can try annul but chance to fail... Any advice?
BTW Wolfie thank you. Four season, and so far excellentl. In harvest especially.
"
KaindeMort wrote:
I ran into delema.

I can try annul but chance to fail... Any advice?
BTW Wolfie thank you. Four season, and so far excellentl. In harvest especially.

Wow that chest is awesome! I wouldnt even risk annuling - sell it and build a new one if you're that adamant about it
"
Sixtine wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

Ok I see. I'll start by crafting a better helmet and buy/craft a quiver then.
I was also wondering, should I buy awakened/alternate quality gems now or only upgrade gear for now ?

I bought my awakened gems very early on - why? because the exp gain the earlier you get them gets put to use =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info