[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
holdthemoan wrote:

My current gear for this build. Having a fun time crafting everything from scratch, I'm enjoying crafting this season more than Harvest (my first serious season) tbh, I've crafted almost all my gear.

If I'm going for an Aul's uprising, that means I'm only going to have 1.25x fortify on helmet. I'm getting shat on by Kosis in T16 delirious maps, so I'm kind of looking to get more defenses.

Hi how can u craft these pair of boots??
I wanted to point something out. Lots of people are having troubles with low dps with this build, and this is due to few things:

1. This build requires you to stack poisons on target - this means you need to play correctly, you can't just spam 1 button to get good results.
Things to check:
- are you charging your scourge arrow to 5 stacks ?
- are you aiming at the boss ? - the aim here is to hit the boss with as many thorns arrows (those are shot from spores) as possible
- are you keeping your mirage archer with blast rain up ? - it should shot constantly and you should make sure that you have decent duration on those wither stacks

2. Theres multiple variations of the build, and some are meant to be late game if you follow those you might end up loosing damage rather than gaining - there are few examples especially when you look at flask choices:

- coralito signature flask is too good to skip when you have low dps, especially on bosses, in the late game you might drop it for ultra zoom zoom and one tapping mobs on t16 maps, but then you have enough dps to not worry about it

- mana cost on chest - well rolled chest with that affix is very expensive and in reality you will only gain 1 flask slot for that - sure good thing to have, but things like good bow, all the cluster jewels, helm enchant, ring with despair on hit are more important than that

3. Flat chaos damage is very important - you should invest in awakened chaos damage as soon as possible, you will need that to be level 5 and it takes ages to level. You can also go easy way and spec into strength stacking in this league and forget about stacking flat chaos
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Satko147 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Can somebody check out my PoB link and give me advice? Damage seems small for the nearly 20ex I invested so far, red map bosses especially.

I've read some posts about single target recommendations but I feel like my base damage is too low for any of that to apply effectively.

Here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/ctb7VcjP

Thanks!

Just took a glance at your profile character, You are using a very slow bow that doesn't have flat chaos on it. There should be other things that can be improved. Hopefully, others can chime in for more comprehensive suggestion.

Wanna make an update to my post:

I got some more stuff for the build, here is the new PoB: https://pastebin.com/2exXp6SU

I now have approx 2 million poison dmg more than in the previous post.

If anyone else that's struggling with single target reads this, the changes are following:
- Awakened chaos dmg instead of regular on scourge arrow
- Despair on hit ring
- Crafted a t1 flat chaos to attacks + chance to deal 100% dmg with poison elder bow
"
Manaio wrote:
"
holdthemoan wrote:

My current gear for this build. Having a fun time crafting everything from scratch, I'm enjoying crafting this season more than Harvest (my first serious season) tbh, I've crafted almost all my gear.

If I'm going for an Aul's uprising, that means I'm only going to have 1.25x fortify on helmet. I'm getting shat on by Kosis in T16 delirious maps, so I'm kind of looking to get more defenses.

Pretty sure there's a guide for crafting those on the post, but, in case you missed it:

Get a cheap hunter's boots with tailwind as the only hunter mod (press alt and make sure Tailwind is the only one with "Hunter's" or "of the Hunt" as a name), or roll it yourself (takes about 500~ alterations on a lvl 75 base)

Get a good iLvl (86, preferably so you have the chance to roll 35% move) warlord's boots with the +1 endurance charge as the only warlord mod.

Then use an awakener's orb to marry both of the boots, hunter into warlord if the warlord is the base you want in the end, and pray to the gods of RNG :)
"
DarkWolfGod32 wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:
"
DarkWolfGod32 wrote:
Just found an awakeners orb!

So What is the vote for second influence on the chest? is hunter for double curse with temp better or is redeemer for the explodey chest mod?

Just kind of want to see what everyone thinks is better before i commit to one or the other.

IMO it's explode

The amount of times frenzy charges comes up for bosses and is relevant, is...sirus? Maybe a couple other things, but honestly...it rarely comes up, and there's an alternative (the blood rage gem) My sirus phases at this point last all of...5-20 seconds now anyway. ***<-DWG i just downed A6 and it was a cake walk of course and last season they always were so i think you are right in you opinion Slottm>****

That being said, it doesn't radically change anything - at most a few seconds on a kill.

I can't really comment on curse, as I just haven't done enough math on it or have enough interest in it.

What I can comment on is explode - explode is GREAT if you do any content with a ton of monsters. Examples are: delirium maps, simulacrum, delve, breachstones. ***< DWG i think this is what sells me to go for explode>***

For normal clearing tier 16s? Not so much. But when monsters are really packed in, it increases your speed tremendously, which matters for staying in the delirium fog / getting those 6 reward simulacrum waves. ***<DWG again i think this sells me on explode it was my natural thought but this makes me excited for it>***

Added some thoughts in line just agreeing mostly!!!

This input helps a lot i have Ano-Bloodrage already so if explodey does real work for clear speed i think i'll go for that unless someone can convince me curse is better.

In all honesty i was thinking of trying to experiment this league by going double cluster jewels in my tree so i could do the normal setup plus the explode and double low tolerance i saw the one guy run to see if it was just amazing... but i couldnt find a large cluster with the xplode and the other two passives i wanted so maybe i can just put it on my chest and experiment that way.

Wolfie and friends feel free to tell me if i am barking up the wrong tree and wasting my time with double cluster if i went that way.

managed to hit culling strike on my bow so i'm just kinda hyped atm feel free to look at my gear and tell me if i am super off on anything.

as always the SA community on this forum is the best cheers!

It's probably a very late response. But I hope it may be useful.

In my opinion, at the end-game, we are aiming at efficiently farming 100% delirious maps and/or Simulacrum. In such cases, frenzy chest is not the optimal choice since we can get frenzy charges from Blood Rage by killing mobs, which are abundant in these challenges. Furthermore, frenzy mod is a suffix, so it will be less likely to fuse 2 suffixes (frenzy and -mana cost) and hope for another suffix for 120% fortify.

With that in mind, we have 2 options left: the explode mod and +1 curse mod (usually temporal chain). Temp chain is a DPS boost in the sense that it increases the duration of poison on enemies by modifying the attribute "ailment expires slower". And since end-game rares/uniques have upto 66% less curse effect, temp chain isn't as effective if cast as curse on hit which limits the poison duration increase and slow debuff level. Alternatively, one would self-cast temp chain (or other second curse) to build up Doom, but it would be more tedious and not efficient. All in all, if you don't have increased curse effectiveness, going 2 curses would not offer as much benefits, esp. if you already struggle with budget or finding enough affixes on your gears.

Having said that, I am open to learn other way to deploy 2nd curse efficiently if any. However, at this time of speaking, I would recommend explode as a 2nd influenced mod. If you like to increase the explosion potential, grab Unspeakable Gift (large cluster) for a chance to explode enemies with 25% of their max life pools. Explode helps against the most dangerous skill in the game: detonate dead casted by Bameth-the beyond boss, esp. in the 100% delirious maps with 2x beyond. You clear the mobs, Bameth will have a hard time killing you.

Hope that settles the question regarding which mod is the more efficient choice for the 2nd influenced affix on chest. Regarding the double large clusters, I played with 2x large clusters in Harvest and Delirium. The offense was great at the expense of less raw HP, which I didn't find comfortable in tackling T19 100% deli maps. If you choose to do 2x large clusters, make sure you plan ahead in PoB. Low tolerance is good, but the tricky thing is that its benefit (300% inc damage vs non-poisoned enemies) wears off in prolonged fight or nullified by Blat Rain's explosions. The 8% poison DoT multi is great though. That being said, if you choose to do 2x large clusters, I think 3x(Circling Oblivion + Low Tolenrance/Wasting Affliction). Alternatively, going 3x (Low Tolerance + Explosure Therapy) will yield a whooping +54% DoT Multi, but it generates less paper DPS than the previous option. Anyway, the medium clusters are not that expensive in this league as we have Zana's Delirium map mod. You can try and see if you like.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Follow up on explode mod:

1) Double explode vs T18 100% Deli experiment (Standard) https://youtu.be/0Qx-HBFkGp0

2) Double explode vs wave-20 Kosis https://youtu.be/GIPfnPMEA6U

+ 3% max life as phys: crusader chest.
+ 25% max life as chaos (10% chance): Unspeakable Gift.

Some trivials:
- Hyperboretus belt was used (30% Chill on Focus, Focus CD 12sec -> 8sec).
- IR tree (Tree tab in the end-game PoB).
- Rumi's Concoction flask (flat armor + block chances) with Iron Reflex.
- Blind on hit, so no Flesh n Stone. Free up mana reserv for HoPurity to squeeze some extra phys explode.
- Ran out of Misinformation watchstone, so no T19.
- 10min to clear the map from one end to the other. 13min for a round trip (pickup the unopened enraged strongbox).
- Clear speed is much better than without explode.
- Experiments in Standard (Harvest gears).
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 22, 2020, 4:35:58 AM
Hi,

First of all, thank you for the inspiration. This is the second league I am playing this build and I absolutely love it.

I thought I would share my version of the build. It utilises basics of the build and also partially the str stacking boots.

https://pastebin.com/V7ScpFdy

I wanted to find a way to increase dmg via alberons without throwing away all the gear I already had. Currently sitting at 2.3 mil per poison with 17 mil total (according to pob) at level 96 (Sirius dmg is 10 mil).

At level 98 will grab the jewel socket near Risk Awareness and move there jewel from socket near Profane Chemistry. This will free up the slot for Inertia, which should give me additional stack of chaos dmg from boots.

As you can see I am not using -15 mana chest as I do not need it. I've crafted cheap +1 level of active gems armor with lots of evasion.
Managed to cap all resistances and chaos res.

Plan for min-maxing/future (order not important)
Better chest. Found one awesome with +1 active, +1 lvl suppot and some other goodies, but 180 ex is too much for me :)

Change the large cluster jewel to incorporate chaos explosion passive. I've pleayed it last league and it was awesome for clear. Will need to check if dmg will not fall down too much.

Change the quiver. Now, when I am using the Dying sun, I do not need the additional arrow there, can replace it with additional dmg over time multiplier.

I do not think I will find a better ammy, but if i could squeeze there dmg over time it would be awesome. Maybe exalt slam, but the chances for something usefull are very low.

Belt and helmet could be upgraded, but I think this would cost butloads of money.

Play with the resistances, so I could save one or two nodes from the tree - this would probably allow me to squeeze in one more frenzy charge.

And last, but not least - maybe a better bow, although this would need again a lot of money.

All of the above are really min-maxing shananigans, I've killed everything this league (including Sirius, Aul, Atziri etc), so the investment would be only just for fun to see how much further can i push the build.

What I like the most is that the only thing bought was the bow, the helment base with the enchant and large cluster. Rest was self crafted with little investment (actually almost all crafting was done from self drop).

Also not many people mention it, but this build is just made for speed running T16's and delve on 250-300 depth.
It just melts the content there. Yes, Sirius fight maybe takes longer than on buffed up aura build, but i think in terms of price vs performance - it would be hard to find something better.

Additionally it is capable (without changing a lot) to speed run the Uber lab. Last league I had no problem in reaching TOP50 and in some cases I was in top 20 - without changing anything on the tree and gear (ok, i had elsuive and tailwind on boots :D) !

Oh and yes, you can league start it without any issues (as I did).

Once again thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited by bartpio on Oct 22, 2020, 5:54:12 AM
"
Murakamari wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:
What are you comparing it to? Malevolence is a DPS boost no matter which way you slice it - the likes of which are very difficult to beat on an amulet (it outperformed my +1 dex gems / 16 chaos multi amulet)

I tried adding the malevolence Aul to my POBF but it showed a ~20% dps decrease over my current amulet.

I'm rather new to PoBF so i'm not sure how i should go about adding the amulet to my build, how to correctly calculate my dps or what boxes i need to tick in order for it to show correct damage.

Hey there, I am new to the game and would love to know how to craft such amulet. Can you post the step by step process of crafting it? Big thanks
"
Vallcrist wrote:
"
Manaio wrote:
"
holdthemoan wrote:

Pretty sure there's a guide for crafting those on the post, but, in case you missed it:

Get a cheap hunter's boots with tailwind as the only hunter mod (press alt and make sure Tailwind is the only one with "Hunter's" or "of the Hunt" as a name), or roll it yourself (takes about 500~ alterations on a lvl 75 base)

Get a good iLvl (86, preferably so you have the chance to roll 35% move) warlord's boots with the +1 endurance charge as the only warlord mod.

Then use an awakener's orb to marry both of the boots, hunter into warlord if the warlord is the base you want in the end, and pray to the gods of RNG :)

Ty very much mate
Very informative as usual. Thank you for sharing.

"
aerial wrote:
I played around with several other skills than scourge arrow, on a str stacking setup.
Toxic Rain is definitely viable, makes some bosses, especially those that walk, really easy with this movement slow, combined with more slow from cluster jewel. You can also preload bunch of damage by spamming it.
It is bit worse, or at least feels worse at speed clearing, because of the delay, you need to force yourself to shoot at packs and just move past them, knowing they will die shortly after. It doesn't feel that good, i'd rather see stuff dying in front of me, and not running back for loot.
For sirus TR also is little bit worse in my opnion, because he teleports quite a lot, and just leaves our pod field.

Other things I tried, that surprised me they work was tornado shot. There are some interesting interactions that make it more viable than it originally seems. For example gem like gmp doesn't suffer from less poj damage on it, in case of poison, so this downside is not affecting our build. If you for example go from 30mil pob SA to 6mil TS (with gmp linked), you have 9-10 projectiles with dying sun, bow/quiver, and gpm.

If you look at these:
https://old.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7tm25l/results_from_testing_tornado_shot_single_target/

and factor in TS enchant being nerfed to +1, so if we averege the result, to the middle of no enchant vs +2 enchant, 9 arrows would be x6 pob listed damage, if we are conservative. It isn't a problem to get to 10 projectiles with awakened gpm for example and +1 on either bow or quiver. 6x6 is already 36m. And you can definitely feel this while testing, bosses melt really nice, you can see poison being stacked immediately, damage is definitely there. It is instant, thers no delay, if target moves around fast you can easily track it and keep hitting.
This is one of the downside of SA in comparison, because pob dps assumes we always charge to 5, we always hit with at least 1 initial projectile, and positioning of pods always hits target with at least 1 spike from each. While pod hits with enough arrows (with SA enchant) is likely, you will never perfectly charge SA to 5, release, and charge again, creating ideal dps. You release it little bit late, you lose dps, you release too fast you obviously lose too. Skills that allow you to just hold button and deliver dps, even such as TR (provided target will not teleport out of range) dps of these skills is more consistent.
For trash it also works nice because you blow up screens with zero delay as well.
Thats part of what makes it decent, vs other hit based TS builds. Because of poison prlif we don't really care about fork or chain, trash dies to prolif. And for single target those stats are irrelevant. So we don't need to waste bunch of gear slots or sockets in order to obtain those projectile related modifiers.

One thing that does suck a little bit is TS range, it has pretty shitty base proj speed after nerf. So it is highly recommended to get projectile speed on bow or quiver, or ideally both, so range feels more like old tornado shot (hitting basically 4 screens around point of explosion). It is only relevant for trash, but it really feels amazing if everything blows up around you, regardless where you really aimed. With no investment in projectile speed, if packs are about screen apart, need to shoot each of them again. It doesn't feel slower than scourge arrow, but it can be better for clear with investment imo.

edit: One more advantage of TS I forgot to mention: it delivers damage in many hits, which is good for blood rage alt quality frenzy charge generation on hit. With TS you basically immediately shoot up to max frenzy charges on big bosses, where SA being the worse at it, and TR somewhere in the middle.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info