Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Flandre wrote:
I managed to craft this beast, didn't expect to hit endurance on hit.
Now I just gotta bring myself to slam and hit life one day.

What a beast! That enduring composure mod on chest is effectively equal to a 2-pt Fettle wheel. Good luck on your slam.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Oct 21, 2020, 2:09:36 AM
Hey guys, I have some questions.

The build looks good. I'm currently running T16's at level 75, on a ~250c investment. Survivability is good, clearing damage and speed is good, but...

Single target DPS is absolutely abysmal. I actually usually spend MORE time on map bosses than clearing the entire map. Not kidding.

Now, I know which way to go, and what to upgrade. Bow specially.

But I'd like to understand why is the single target dps so insanely low. Should I expect this disconnection between single-target and AoE DPS well into late game?

Like... will Sirus and whatnot only be comfortably killable with insane gear?

Here is my POB for the record: https://pastebin.com/x2BfypYk

It's mostly very early game gear.
Last edited by Garulf161 on Oct 20, 2020, 1:15:07 PM
My sirus phases usually last around 10 seconds each, last one being a bit bigger at 20-30 seconds.

Single target DPS gets pretty good once you have the right setup, it mainly focus on poison, though, so you need some nodes targeting poison duration and the likes
"
Vallcrist wrote:
My sirus phases usually last around 10 seconds each, last one being a bit bigger at 20-30 seconds.

Single target DPS gets pretty good once you have the right setup, it mainly focus on poison, though, so you need some nodes targeting poison duration and the likes

Well... yeah. Your gear looks "insane" as I put it.

But it seems I already have gotten all poison related passives. So I don't see how I can scale that much from here on, on passives alone.

Here is my updated PoB: https://pastebin.com/K5Yn2SfA

I bought the elder bow, bought a decent quiver, and a -15 mana cost chest.

The damage got a lot better, yes, but... What usually happens in t14+ map bosses is: i start killing the boss, then i run out of flask charges because the fight still takes so damn long, and then I die.

I still don't understand why my single target damage is so low, while AoE is great.

Honestly at this budget it doesn't make too much sense to be doing this low single-target DPS.
Last edited by Garulf161 on Oct 20, 2020, 4:42:41 PM
"
Garulf161 wrote:
"
Vallcrist wrote:

But it seems I already have gotten all poison related passives. So I don't see how I can scale that much from here on, on passives alone.

The damage got a lot better, yes, but... What usually happens in t14+ map bosses is: i start killing the boss, then i run out of flask charges because the fight still takes so damn long, and then I die.

I still don't understand why my single target damage is so low, while AoE is great.

Honestly at this budget it doesn't make too much sense to be doing this low single-target DPS.

What also helps is crafting duration of ailments during focus on helmet. That's gonna help your single target quite a bit.
"
Garulf161 wrote:
"
Vallcrist wrote:

You're missing some core things there, imo.
Enduring composure cluster is a must for survivability
You also are missing both medium cluster setup (flasks and more damage), kinda huge for DPS in general

I would swap vinktar and taste of hate for a Overflowing chalice (will fix your running out of flask mid boss fights) and definitely a catarina flask (cinderswallow? guess that's the name) huge boost in damage and survivability.

Also increased duration on blast rain/withering touch, wither is really important for us.

Definitely needs more leveling up, though. Cluster setup is really important and currently you don't have over a third of it online
Now I have finished a8 Sirus
ELder
Shaper
Soon uber elder
I like how I always read the sulphur unique flask will help but never tried it before, it makes bossing so trivial
Currently, the only upgrade I'm aiming for is aul's uprising for malevolence damage.
I have to say anyone who might be suffering with flask charges during bossing *in my case I have to spam enduring since chest rolled enduring composure* you have to try that unique sulphur flask.
Would appreciate it if someone suggests upgrades along the way as well.
Also did some delve currently around ~350.|
Overall I would say scourge arrow is A banger of a skill.
Hello everyone.

Can somebody check out my PoB link and give me advice? Damage seems small for the nearly 20ex I invested so far, red map bosses especially.

I've read some posts about single target recommendations but I feel like my base damage is too low for any of that to apply effectively.

Here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/ctb7VcjP

Thanks!
"
Satko147 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Can somebody check out my PoB link and give me advice? Damage seems small for the nearly 20ex I invested so far, red map bosses especially.

I've read some posts about single target recommendations but I feel like my base damage is too low for any of that to apply effectively.

Here is the PoB: https://pastebin.com/ctb7VcjP

Thanks!

Just took a glance at your profile character, You are using a very slow bow that doesn't have flat chaos on it. There should be other things that can be improved. Hopefully, others can chime in for more comprehensive suggestion.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
Garulf161 wrote:

First, buy medium cluster jewel with circling oblivion and low tolerance. Unspec 3 points from Silent steps node, and put those in the medium cluster.

Second, replace knockback on your blast rain setup with increased duration. You need that to have decent uptime on wither stacks and keeping max wither stacks on single target is huge dmg boost.

Replace quicksilver flask with Coralito's Signature - thats huge dps boost vs single target. You can just swap those flasks when you are going on boss, can still use old setup for clear - you dont need that movement speed on bosses.

Also, how do you dps the boss ? You should start with putting up blast rain, then you should fully charge your scourge arrow 2-3 times and repeat with blast rain (if the boss isnt dead yet). Your POB shows around 1.6M sirus dps, thats not much but should be enough for most red map bosses.

If you do those steps, you should double or tripple your dps according to my testing on POB.

For the next improvements, you should get more levels and spec them into the jewel nodes. Depends on how much you can invest in those, you can go for increased life + poison damage/duration + bow attack speed (if you cant afford all 3, just stick to life + any of those). Ofcourse you should also keep investing in the cluster jewel nodes, basically if you lack dps, put points and invest in normal jewels, in you go for survivablity go for cluster nodes (enduring composure).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info