[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

Hi Wolfie, thanks for the build guide.
Can i check, will you recommend going dodge or armour iron reflex build?

I swapped to the armor build but it feels kinda squishy at about 6k armor. tried to fix it with a jade flask which when pop brings me to about 20k coupled with vaal molten shell on a cwdt seems pretty ok now, but im running low on flask options as i've phasing which is amazing for this league due to the run out.

Should i go full dodge instead? (i managed to kill Sirus 7 ytd. pretty ok, dps not the best but sufficient i will say. abt 2-4m depending if i stack it up well)

Last edited by pandadarren on Sep 28, 2020, 3:36:56 AM
"
izvrix wrote:
"
SnowBerry1984 wrote:
this is my first Archer in 7 years in the game.Guys I'm Russian sorry for my English Google fucking so.but what should I upgrade next?there are experts ? )Sirius 5 died without problems... p/s sometimes I die from a single blow.

You need to roll your hybrid flask into foreboding or enduring, now you don't get fortify buff from it.

ty!!
I wanted to make a sort of comprehensive post with my findings on the build, information I felt lacking/scattered from Wolfie's guide, and to help the community understand this build a bit better. To start off with, shoutouts to Wolfie for the build/guide, for taking the time to speak with me and answer my questions, and help me to understand just how in depth this build is.

To start off with, this build of Scourge arrow pathfinder is in fact....not so cookie cutter. Why? Because it's extremely customizable based off how you want to play it, what your goals are, and what circumstances you put your character in. This makes gearing, the skill tree and even your flasks dependent on the situation you're in.

Let's start with how scourge arrow works (at least my findings)
Scourge arrow, unlike most attack skills, is a channel, meaning that we can never truly achieve perfect DPS with it - there's human error on the time it takes to charge and release it, as opposed to a different attack where you can just hold down the button and achieve the "perfect" dps of it.

Scourge arrow's Damage is broken down into 2 parts, and each scales differently.
The initial hit of scourge arrow, which will poison, deal some damage, and pierces through everything in it's path.

The pods, which will spawn at a certain location, explode, and fire out thorn arrows (these don't reach as far as the initial scourge arrows, however they explode in "random" directions.

It's important to note that the pods are dependant on how long you've channeled the skill - an important note is that while the helmet enchant says adds a pod at maximum channeling, it actually seems to throw an extra pod at every stage. I channel for a short period to 1, and get 2 pods.

Poison: poison is the bread and butter of the build. By poisoning targets multiple times, or in some cases once, they melt away dying. How does poison differ from a normal hit? Poison has two different aspects to its damage: How hard does it tick down for, and the length of how long the poison lasts. There's an extreme difference in poisoning something for 100,000 over 60 seconds, and poisoning it for 100,000 over 5 seconds.

Understanding these points, we can now focus on important damage stats:
(In no particular order)

Accuracy - this extremely important stat determines your hit rate, whether or not you crit (fairly irrelevant here) - Don't sleep on this stat. On the skill tree, see Acuity nodes as it impacts both accuracy, and the next stat: attack speed.

Attack speed: how fast you end up channeling your scourge arrow - an extremely important stat, as a channeled skill to be able to fire off your ability and get to safety/kite/move from an incoming attack. It also makes it so you can rapid fire scourge arrow rather than channel to 5 every time

General increased damage%, chaos damage%, adds # to # physical damage / chaos damage (physical scales into chaos at 70% value I believe 60% from scourge arrow, and 10% from master toxicist) An important stat that scales all of our damage, whether it's the initial hit, how hard poison ticks for.

Chaos damage over time multiplier - this will make our poison hit harder over time. An extremely powerful stat, regardless of the situation

Poison duration, duration of ailments: these effect the length of each poison, so after we've determined how hard each poison hits, we now have the ability to make them last longer - this is a primary stat for bossing. While most "trash" dies within seconds, bosses can take much longer (sometimes even minutes) to complete. This is where this stat truly shines.

What do these stats tell us? Some stats, while not as powerful, are useful in all situations. Added chaos damage, increased damage%, increased chaos damage%, accuracy, attack speed.

Stats for bossing, that exceed the damage bonuses of the above: poison duration, chaos damage over time multiplier, ailment duration. Skills like fatal toxins and swift venoms highlight this.

An example of making this choice between bossing and "regular" play can be exemplified with Deadly ailments, which makes poisons do more damage over their full duration, but you hit for less. If a monster is dead before a poison runs out, the value of this support gem is severely diminished. For a fight like sirus? This is a great option to utilize and provide increased damage.

Hopefully for some of you with single target issues, this helps clarify the issue.
"
Spoiler

Hi, I'm mostly new to the game (260h), occasionaly play League I feel like it and find a decent build.Found that one, really loved in phase of using TR + CA, but since switching to SA + BR and medium overhaul to passive tree (right now I'm following the PoB with paths for IR or Acro and went with IR) my defenses and damage fell off.As I'm really new I don't know how to move forward from what I have to the point where I can have fun with build again.If someone could help out a fellow guy on what to focus on -items, stats etc.'Cause I really love the game and stuff, but kinda lose my willingess to play further

biggest problem is SA is on a 4 link while blast rain (which is mostly used to apply wither) is on a 6 link. Switch between them or get your v-rift at LEAST 5 linked with The Jeweler's touch prophecy.

You really need to prioritize life and resists on gear. One of your rings has no life, the other has 13 life. Use the trade site to get some 40-50+ life rings with resists. They cost a few chaos. Same goes to the rest of your gear, especially your gloves! they have nothing on them.

Coralito's flask will help your single target DPS.

Hardened scales anoint on amulet is important for fortify. But I'd suggest getting a decent amulet first.
What is my next upgrade for single target dps here? I'm stuck at the right resistances and the only things (Chest, amulet, quiver) is around 7+ ex for a gg item.

I also have the whole cluster jewel setup atm and I'm passive skill point starved.
\]
Last edited by cheelos on Sep 28, 2020, 5:59:32 PM
"
pandadarren wrote:
Hi Wolfie, thanks for the build guide.
Can i check, will you recommend going dodge or armour iron reflex build?

I swapped to the armor build but it feels kinda squishy at about 6k armor. tried to fix it with a jade flask which when pop brings me to about 20k coupled with vaal molten shell on a cwdt seems pretty ok now, but im running low on flask options as i've phasing which is amazing for this league due to the run out.

Should i go full dodge instead? (i managed to kill Sirus 7 ytd. pretty ok, dps not the best but sufficient i will say. abt 2-4m depending if i stack it up well)

Yes, the Acro tree should be the easiest when you transition from V-Rift to end-game, while the IR tree would be arguably better in the sense that it promotes more active style and slightly better DPS, but it requires you to have high APS to reliably blind the targets on hit rather than relying on Flesh & Stone. On a side note, I'd highly recommend going with Immortal call rather than VMS for both trees.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
I'd like to make some suggestions to the build, currently at lv 98

just rambling off the top of my head:

- Envy Aul's amulet is really good, 20 % more dmg for free and it is fairly cheap around 8-10 Ex for the amount of dmg you get
- +1 Curse chest with Temp Chains on hit gloves enchant isn't being talked about enough, the 40 % less expiry rate is a massive dmg increase on everything
- Frenzy charges on hit chest is not needed, you can get it on Bloodrage now, I even skipped it completely because I don't need more boss damage, I haven't died at A8 Sirus even once, bosses are a complete joke with this build
- Taste of Hate is a trap, because your physical mitigation is so much better than your cold mitigation while IC is up, you end up taking more dmg (seriously check it in PoB)
- Divine Flesh is a gigantic trap if you play with IC which already gives you 25 % less mitigation on elemental dmg, even with a +2 % max res quiver and an Enhance on Plaguebringer to get the -22 % chaos dmg taken bonus you only end up taking a tiny bit less elemental dmg, it's honestly not worth it anymore
- I'm thinking about going alt quality Immortal Call which gives you 2 % less ele dmg taken per endurance charge (so 10 % less ele dmg taken on 5 end charges, or 20 % if you link it to Enhance)
- Alt quality Dash (Phasing) with Alt quality Second wind (+3 charges instead of +2) is very good
- I like an Intuitive Leap to get the 4th / 5th endurance charge and an efficient jump to Dirty Techniques, there's also some CDR nodes for Immortal Call and a juicy 400 armor node (which I currently didn't take because I thought it's overkill), or 12 % all res + lots of armour for a single point (Cloth and Chain)
- a Flask cluster is nice early but I feel like once you get into juicing T16 Delirium maps you really want two clusters with Low Tolerance (Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 600 % increased damage) which is a massive dmg boost that you absolutely need in those maps, I chose to go for 2x Circling Oblivion (50 % inc ailment duration, 50 % 50 % inc dmg over time) to go along with it to offset not playing with Coralitos, obviously with Coralitos your bossdmg is actually insane
- Alt quality Enduring Cry (warcry speed) with Enhance lv 4 is very good, use it to get to 4-5 charges quick or after your IC procced, it's super fast
- Vaal Molten Shell is kinda cool too and serves a very important purpose, to not get oneshot in between Immortal Call procs, it's only around 6-8k absorb but that's already enough
- Alt quality Withered Touch support is really good, I think you can handle Wither stacks pretty well on a 4-link now, although that robs you off the opportunity to link it to Culling Strike, i still think it's worth it to free up more gem slots for your defensive / QOL stuff
Last edited by Neabsera on Sep 29, 2020, 2:00:47 PM
Can someone more knowledgeable than me please talk about the plus/minus of using Coralito's? The guide says to move away from it, yet it seems to be a huge dps boost. Anyone?
"
aberm wrote:
Can someone more knowledgeable than me please talk about the plus/minus of using Coralito's? The guide says to move away from it, yet it seems to be a huge dps boost. Anyone?

It seems there are some confusion with the Coralito flask. Allow me to chime in and clarify it a bit.

Multiple poisons stack, so the more poisons you inflict on the target, the higher poison DPS it brings, assuming we have high APS and long-enough poison duration.

Coralito always increases the poison DPS on paper since it increases the poison duration.

You should use Coralito when:
+ When your poison duration is low and coralito helps increase it. How long is enough should be depending on your real setup, but 2 sec is too low.
+ When need Coralito to have 100% chance to poison on hit.
+ Most early/mid-game benefit from Coralito.
+ You are on your way to but not yet arrive at the end-game setup.

You should not use Coralito when:
+ You have long poison duration, usually from a level-5 Awake Unbound Ailment and/or increased ailment duration with Focus and other ailment duration modifiers.
+ You already cap your chance to poison on hit without Coralito.
+ You want to clear fast. Coralito reduces your hit damage by 30%, so it is a no go for fast mapping.
+ You have achieved the same set up as our End-game PoB.

Below is comparison between with and without Coralito in the end-game setup. Coralito increases your poison DPS on paper. But if a mob dies in 2 secs, there is no need to have 8-sec poison duration by Coralito.

Poison Duration with Focus and without Coralito:

Poison Duration with both Focus and Coralito:

Poison Duration with neither Focus nor Coralito:

Last but not least, remember that Coralito brings an opportunity cost at the late game. Replacing it with a defensive flask that helps you stand still longer to inflict more poison stacks would be a better choice overally.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Thanks. My first time playing a DOT skill, so learning a bit along the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info