[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

I'm playing around str stack version of the build, upgraded some items.
There are some interesting interactions, if you get lot of flat chaos from boots. Added chaos gem is weaker than other supports (inflated damage), deadly ailments replaces it. Same goes for flat chaos damage roll on bow, minor damage difference, can be skipped which makes bow cheap.
Another thing with flat chaos is despair curse, and because of it, temporal chains is granting basically same dps boost + we get defensive aspect of it in form of slow, which meakes it clear winner if we are capped at 1 curse.

There are some cool combos with new quality gems, and enhance support.
I was checking gloves, and changed breathsteeler (with utmost might +40 str +8%str) to meginor's vise (+100 str, 2% life regen, cheap curse). Breathsteeler is hard to get with proper anoint + curse, you basically need to do it by yourself. Anyway, flat 100 str is better than utmost might, but unique property of blighted gloves give us mini headhunter effect, so for clear its arguably better. There is another cheapo unique that adds ton of damage, snakebite gloves. They are also dirt cheap with curses corruption, or +1 frenzy charge. With 5 frenzy charges it cuts their duration by half, which can be annoying, makes generating charges vs boss harder. Blood rage alt quality (1% chance to generate frenzy charge on boss hit per 10% quality). Level 4 enhance pretty much doubles the chance to generate frenzy charge. Another use of enhance would be to put it into blast rain link, its gonna add duration to mirage archer (alt quality), even more duration boosting inc duration support, and increases wither stacking by boosting withering touch support (alt quality 1% chance to apply another wither per 1 quality, so enhance adds 24% to it, pretty big).
All this skips aspect of the spider, which leaves room for precision or/and vitality (alt quality +3% more damage~ and lire regen thats worth about 5% per second if we have 5-6k life).
I'm sitting atm at 11mil total dps, with no awakened gems and no coralito flask, poison duration 6.8s.

Right now looking for ways to improve frenzy charge generation on bosses. I see some people use frenzy (gem) and sometimes use it to apply strong 20/20 curse to bosses via hextouch (former curse on hit). But it seems like a waste, wasting time on casting that we can just shoot more scourge arrows.

Last edited by aerial on Sep 30, 2020, 6:20:59 PM
"
KnightLion wrote:
"
My scourge arrow doesn't have the same "V-shape" that you talk about in the guide, even though I have +1 arrows. Do I need to get the helmet enchant as well to get that effect? Currently, it really just looks like more of a zig-zag line, and doesn't seem to help my single target DPS.

The pods spawn around your pointer aim closer to your character to split the arrows more. You cant aim a screen away from the boss to overlap the pods.

WOW. Thank you. That is exactly what I was missing. I didn't realize that where you aimed your pointer affected how the arrows split. Never played a bow skill and it didn't seem obvious I guess. This will help so much! Thanks again!
"
aerial wrote:
I'm playing around str stack version of the build, upgraded some items.
There are some interesting interactions, if you get lot of flat chaos from boots. Added chaos gem is weaker than other supports (inflated damage), deadly ailments replaces it. Same goes for flat chaos damage roll on bow, minor damage difference, can be skipped which makes bow cheap.
Another thing with flat chaos is despair curse, and because of it, temporal chains is granting basically same dps boost + we get defensive aspect of it in form of slow, which meakes it clear winner if we are capped at 1 curse.

There are some cool combos with new quality gems, and enhance support.
I was checking gloves, and changed breathsteeler (with utmost might +40 str +8%str) to meginor's vise (+100 str, 2% life regen, cheap curse). Breathsteeler is hard to get with proper anoint + curse, you basically need to do it by yourself. Anyway, flat 100 str is better than utmost might, but unique property of blighted gloves give us mini headhunter effect, so for clear its arguably better. There is another cheapo unique that adds ton of damage, snakebite gloves. They are also dirt cheap with curses corruption, or +1 frenzy charge. With 5 frenzy charges it cuts their duration by half, which can be annoying, makes generating charges vs boss harder. Blood rage alt quality (1% chance to generate frenzy charge on boss hit per 10% quality). Level 4 enhance pretty much doubles the chance to generate frenzy charge. Another use of enhance would be to put it into blast rain link, its gonna add duration to mirage archer (alt quality), even more duration boosting inc duration support, and increases wither stacking by boosting withering touch support (alt quality 1% chance to apply another wither per 1 quality, so enhance adds 24% to it, pretty big).
All this skips aspect of the spider, which leaves room for precision or/and vitality (alt quality +3% more damage~ and lire regen thats worth about 5% per second if we have 5-6k life).
I'm sitting atm at 11mil total dps, with no awakened gems and no coralito flask, poison duration 6.8s.

Right now looking for ways to improve frenzy charge generation on bosses. I see some people use frenzy (gem) and sometimes use it to apply strong 20/20 curse to bosses via hextouch (former curse on hit). But it seems like a waste, wasting time on casting that we can just shoot more scourge arrows.

Are you res capped with that amount of uniques ?
For alternate qualities:
I might read it wrong, but divergent withering touch gives you chance to add additional stack, that means it is multiplicative not additive, so only procs when firts stack proc, so basically when you apply 5 stacks it will give you an additional stack this equals roughly to 30% chance to add wither, in that case gains from enchance would be very marginal. Theres other alternate quality on withering touch that grants you 20% increased skill effect duration, that is basically the same as on mirage archer - those means that wicked pall notables aren't that mandatory anymore.

For reliable frenzy generation you might look on replica farruls fur, you would need to replace the covenant and fix mana problems some other way, but tbh replica farruls fur looks amazing - easy generation of frenzy and endurance charges would allow us to also drop enduring composure cluster notable
Solid and very interesting suggestion. Thank you Neabsera.

The idea of an Envy Aul is interesting. How do you think of picking upSilent Steps and replacing Flesh and Stone by Arctic Armor or Aspect Spider?

Low Tolerance is indeed a good notable on the medium cluster. But I feel it often not enough. I personally find it's kind of overkill for mobs while against the single targets, it is not as good as Wasting Affliction because you need to stack many poisons against to kill end-game boss anyway. Low Tolerance, which is only able to increases the damage against non-poisoned targets, is likely not fully benefited for the larget part of the encounter vs bosses.

Wasting Affliction, on the other hand, works in all scenarios as a poison Rate modifier that will increase your poison DPS by a good factor. 2x Wasting Affliction increases your poison DPS by 20%, which is applied after all other modifiers being taken into consideration.

The rest of your suggestion is quite informative and could be useful for those who seek to take advantage of the new alternate-quality gems. I agree that we may not need the Frenzy mod on chest if we have enough DPS in the end game setup.

Cheers

"
Neabsera wrote:
I'd like to make some suggestions to the build, currently at lv 98

just rambling off the top of my head:

- Envy Aul's amulet is really good, 20 % more dmg for free and it is fairly cheap around 8-10 Ex for the amount of dmg you get
- +1 Curse chest with Temp Chains on hit gloves enchant isn't being talked about enough, the 40 % less expiry rate is a massive dmg increase on everything
- Frenzy charges on hit chest is not needed, you can get it on Bloodrage now, I even skipped it completely because I don't need more boss damage, I haven't died at A8 Sirus even once, bosses are a complete joke with this build
- Taste of Hate is a trap, because your physical mitigation is so much better than your cold mitigation while IC is up, you end up taking more dmg (seriously check it in PoB)
- Divine Flesh is a gigantic trap if you play with IC which already gives you 25 % less mitigation on elemental dmg, even with a +2 % max res quiver and an Enhance on Plaguebringer to get the -22 % chaos dmg taken bonus you only end up taking a tiny bit less elemental dmg, it's honestly not worth it anymore
- I'm thinking about going alt quality Immortal Call which gives you 2 % less ele dmg taken per endurance charge (so 10 % less ele dmg taken on 5 end charges, or 20 % if you link it to Enhance)
- Alt quality Dash (Phasing) with Alt quality Second wind (+3 charges instead of +2) is very good
- I like an Intuitive Leap to get the 4th / 5th endurance charge and an efficient jump to Dirty Techniques, there's also some CDR nodes for Immortal Call and a juicy 400 armor node (which I currently didn't take because I thought it's overkill), or 12 % all res + lots of armour for a single point (Cloth and Chain)
- a Flask cluster is nice early but I feel like once you get into juicing T16 Delirium maps you really want two clusters with Low Tolerance (Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 600 % increased damage) which is a massive dmg boost that you absolutely need in those maps, I chose to go for 2x Circling Oblivion (50 % inc ailment duration, 50 % 50 % inc dmg over time) to go along with it to offset not playing with Coralitos, obviously with Coralitos your bossdmg is actually insane
- Alt quality Enduring Cry (warcry speed) with Enhance lv 4 is very good, use it to get to 4-5 charges quick or after your IC procced, it's super fast
- Vaal Molten Shell is kinda cool too and serves a very important purpose, to not get oneshot in between Immortal Call procs, it's only around 6-8k absorb but that's already enough
- Alt quality Withered Touch support is really good, I think you can handle Wither stacks pretty well on a 4-link now, although that robs you off the opportunity to link it to Culling Strike, i still think it's worth it to free up more gem slots for your defensive / QOL stuff
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
aurican65 wrote:
Hey Wolfie and fellow SA pathfinder fans, just sharing my SA pathfinder build deviation I made back in Harvest league. I just recently tested tanking an uber atziri double flameblast (with no build modifications) and felt like sharing it.

To verify I actually tanked both hits and didn't dodge I tested tanking a single hit, then both. One hit reduces molten shell to about 5k from 10k, and chunks about 2k ES. Both hits together nearly kills me, leaving my ES pool at 1k, and molten shell completely destroyed.

Here's the flameblast tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdyUrMcMpN8
Here's a build overview, if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tk1Ke2Fiw8

Hey Aurican,

Sorry for the late response. Please feel free to use this thread as a platform to promote/Q&A for your build deviation if you'd like.

@All,

I have played with Aurican quite a few times in Harvest and have witnessed his CI-based SA build in action. I can confidently say that his is one of the best non-zHP deep-delving builds I've ever seen.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
greenrasp wrote:
Are you res capped with that amount of uniques ?
For alternate qualities:
I might read it wrong, but divergent withering touch gives you chance to add additional stack, that means it is multiplicative not additive, so only procs when firts stack proc, so basically when you apply 5 stacks it will give you an additional stack this equals roughly to 30% chance to add wither, in that case gains from enchance would be very marginal. Theres other alternate quality on withering touch that grants you 20% increased skill effect duration, that is basically the same as on mirage archer - those means that wicked pall notables aren't that mandatory anymore.

For reliable frenzy generation you might look on replica farruls fur, you would need to replace the covenant and fix mana problems some other way, but tbh replica farruls fur looks amazing - easy generation of frenzy and endurance charges would allow us to also drop enduring composure cluster notable

Capped with resist flask. Haven't died to it yet so it feels fine. It felt like a waste to overcap res with flasks on so much, at least now its put to use :) You don't want to get hit with flasks not active anyway. Its really powerful perk of being pathfinder, how much even small resistance suffix on one flask can add to total res, if you consider boosted flask effects.

As for withering touch you are right, but it still seems to be decent. You have 25% chance to apply wither on hit, and then 20% chance if you do, to add another one (and that goes to 46% with enhance). So if you calculate how much wither you apply in average per 100 hits, with just 25% chance, it would be 25 stacks, with 20 quality - 30 stacks, and with 46% quality 36,5 stacks.
Enhance adds a lot of value to other supports in blast rain link.
Other things that could be done there, since I can't ignite (i dont think so, since boots make me deal only chaos damage), I don't use cinderswallow urn, that unique perk that makes ignited targets take inc damage is not working then. No urn = no onslaught . Which means adding onslaught support to blast rain is not out of the question. 10% chance on hit vs unique enemy is already better than fully boosted blood rage for frenzy charges. We should get perma onslaught vs boss with this. Ofc other option would be culling strike.

As for chest, it is real pita to solve this mana issue. The only reason I'm using unique chest is because it was cheap like 100c.. where comparable craft with -15 mana, is much more expensive.
I was considering going blood magic (and then grab utmost might). Drop all auras, add supreme ego + malevolence, but this doesn't seem to be worth. Damage is competitive, but we lose all mitigation from flesh and stone + arctic armour, lose blind aura, lose precision/vitality, and we even lose health pool, because pathing in that area costs us big life nodes.

What are the other options? Stay at 350ish mana unreserved and try play with flask? It is playable, only annoying vs some bosses when you wanna preload stacked scourge arrow, during phase, and you hold it for multiple seconds. Maybe add -mana cost on jewelery to mitigate cost to some extent. We don't really need reduce cost to 0, if it was cut by a half it should be more than enough. Ideas?
I also switched to string stacking yesterday, the boost of damage the boots give are impressive.

In terms of gems, what do you play?

I'm currently playing unbounds ailments, infused channeling, vile toxins, deadly ailments, added chaos damage.

I've seen many players go from added chaos to mirage archer, but I can't calculate the real impact with pob.

Do you have an idea about that?

For mana, I think the best solution is to craft a warlord chest with -mana cost/strenght/% strenght and play with a mana potion in the meantime.

My current pob https://pastebin.com/2J7WGx4F
Last edited by Pierre_Tombale on Oct 1, 2020, 4:27:39 AM
Hello ! Can anyone take a look at my build? Im doing red maps now im not sure where to go from here.

My dps feels pretty sad..

https://pastebin.com/wBHPBrDZ

Thanks in advance. <3 from Motherland KKomrade
"
I also switched to string stacking yesterday, the boost of damage the boots give are impressive.

In terms of gems, what do you play?

I'm currently playing unbounds ailments, infused channeling, vile toxins, deadly ailments, added chaos damage.

For me added chaos 20/20 only adds 23% damage. You get so much chaos damage from boots, that you gain more for multiplying that value via other gems.
I use vile toxins, void manipulation, infused channeling, deadly ailments, unbound ailments.
Last edited by aerial on Oct 1, 2020, 5:26:00 AM
Hi, thank you for this amazing build. I have been enjoying it since Delirium league.

I don't have much currency right now so I think I will start with Voltaxic Rift variant. Can that bow work well with Toxic Rain or I should use other bow like Quill Rain ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info