[3.13]🏹 Poison Barrage-VF / Scourge Arrow / TR PF | Bottled Fortify | The Tankiest Ranger + High DPS

"
Link_in wrote:
Hey, just wanted to to give some heads up.
"Cannot roll Caster mods" doesnt block Unleash affix on Redeemer Helmet anymore. Just ruined my base with that one.

Thank you very much for letting me know and sorry for your losses. Look like the caster tag has been removed for the Unleash mod, and hence we cannot use the described method in the crafting section to roll the phys damage taken as cold in confidence.

I'm thinking of two possibilities:

1) Helm with single influenced (Crusader):
+ Try to roll +Fortify (Suf) and life (Pref).
+ Multi-mod with 8% Phys damage taken as Fire (Pref) and +% increase ailment while Focused.

2) Helm with double influenced (Crusader + Hunter):
+ Influence 1: +Fortify and Life (Suf).
+ Influence 2: nearby has -9% chaos resist (Suf).
+ There is a good chance that the 3rd Suffix is populated, and we can't craft +% inc ailment duration while focused.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
"
aerial wrote:
strength stacking approach is quite interesting

replica alberon's warpath grant 1-80 chaos damage per 50str, so if you get to 1000 that is 1-1600 chaos damage (average 800)
that is a lot of flat chaos damage and reaching that kind of str is easy and cheap, + you can still have all regular damage nodes, clusters, you can swap added chaos for deadly ailments, you can get cheaper bow without flat chaos (because it is so weak in comparison to flat damage).
I don't know how it works in high end setup, whats better, but to get really good dps on budget, str stacking seems to be worth it.

You can even go blood magic, malevolence, supreme ego, and then you don't need -15 mana cost to skills on chest. Damage is even better, but you will lose flesh and stone + arctic armor.

Sorry for the late response.

I think the Replica Alberon boots is an interesting twist. However, I wonder how one would go about crafting anything but strength stacking without the Harvest-crafting. For the mid-game, it's OK to sacrifice other mods for stacking up strength since you also gain more life in the process for defense. It will, however, inflict a huge opportunity cost in the late game.

In addition, I saw some SA builds, using this Replica boots, try to stack up strength at the expense of everything else including APS, defense (additional endurance charges, Fortify, etc.), DoT multiplier, Tailwind, etc. That may throw their builds off balance. Without defense, one cannot be stationary long enough to inflict damage via SA channelling. Without high APS, one needs to stand still longer for channelling. As a result, one's poison damage will plummet a lot compared to their paper DPS in PoB since they have a hard time standing still for SA channelling. At the end of the day, the SA's combined damage is a function of APS, poison/hits and defense - to some extent, without either SA will likely struggle in the end game.

Having said that, never say never I guess. Perhaps, there will be briliant minds who have the bank and the knowledge to make Replica boots a serious contender for SA's end-game practice. There is just not any that I am aware of as of now.
--
how do you think about SA alternate quality, +2 thorn arrow?
"
hjeunm wrote:
how do you think about SA alternate quality, +2 thorn arrow?

There is a discussion going on for this topic. You can read it some of the replies here.
--
"
WolfieNa wrote:
I think the Replica Alberon boots is an interesting twist. However, I wonder how one would go about crafting anything but strength stacking without the Harvest-crafting. For the mid-game, it's OK to sacrifice other mods for stacking up strength since you also gain more life in the process for defense. It will, however, inflict a huge opportunity cost in the late game.

In addition, I saw some SA builds, using this Replica boots, try to stack up strength at the expense of everything else including APS, defense (additional endurance charges, Fortify, etc.), DoT multiplier, Tailwind, etc. That may throw their builds off balance. Without defense, one cannot be stationary long enough to inflict damage via SA channelling. Without high APS, one needs to stand still longer for channelling. As a result, one's poison damage will plummet a lot compared to their paper DPS in PoB since they have a hard time standing still for SA channelling. At the end of the day, the SA's combined damage is a function of APS, poison/hits and defense - to some extent, without either SA will likely struggle in the end game.

Having said that, never say never I guess. Perhaps, there will be briliant minds who have the bank and the knowledge to make Replica boots a serious contender for SA's end-game practice. There is just not any that I am aware of as of now.

I'm trying str stacking right now, but without sacrificing most of features of the build. Didn't have much time to play, so my bank is low, can't afford all the multimoded afixes yet, focus and so on.
I think strength rolls won't cost us that much. Placed in jewel slots, it gives us life and damage, so that sort of evens out, and damage goes even high because of absurd levels of flat chaos damage. Big gear slots would be amulet, kinda have to use astramentis to not run out of dexterity.

+3x inertia jewel and clusters (1 large, 2 medium, 2 small).

as you can see fortify goes from blighed gloves enchant, no aspect of the spider in that case. I still need precision to get good hit chance, so can't use it yet anyway.

I think minmaxing this approach definitely has potential, it for sure was cheaper than standard gear at least so far. Damage is great, I can 1 shot map bosses in T13 red maps no problem, clear great too.

Last edited by aerial on Sep 27, 2020, 1:46:52 PM
First of all would like to thank the author for an amazing guide and I'm having alot of fun playing this so far.

Just wondering what my next upgrades should be focused on if anyone has any suggestions.

Spoiler
"
DréTV wrote:
First of all would like to thank the author for an amazing guide and I'm having alot of fun playing this so far.

Just wondering what my next upgrades should be focused on if anyone has any suggestions.

Spoiler

Imo getting the +1 arrow somewhere is a good improvement. Feels much nicer against single target
Spoiler

Hi, I'm mostly new to the game (260h), occasionaly play League I feel like it and find a decent build.Found that one, really loved in phase of using TR + CA, but since switching to SA + BR and medium overhaul to passive tree (right now I'm following the PoB with paths for IR or Acro and went with IR) my defenses and damage fell off.As I'm really new I don't know how to move forward from what I have to the point where I can have fun with build again.If someone could help out a fellow guy on what to focus on -items, stats etc.'Cause I really love the game and stuff, but kinda lose my willingess to play further
"
aerial wrote:
"
WolfieNa wrote:

I'm trying str stacking right now, but without sacrificing most of features of the build. Didn't have much time to play, so my bank is low, can't afford all the multimoded afixes yet, focus and so on.
I think strength rolls won't cost us that much. Placed in jewel slots, it gives us life and damage, so that sort of evens out, and damage goes even high because of absurd levels of flat chaos damage. Big gear slots would be amulet, kinda have to use astramentis to not run out of dexterity.

+3x inertia jewel and clusters (1 large, 2 medium, 2 small).

as you can see fortify goes from blighed gloves enchant, no aspect of the spider in that case. I still need precision to get good hit chance, so can't use it yet anyway.

I think minmaxing this approach definitely has potential, it for sure was cheaper than standard gear at least so far. Damage is great, I can 1 shot map bosses in T13 red maps no problem, clear great too.

Neat itemization! Thanks for sharing. The idea to put Hardened Scars on the blighted gloves is clever. If you can cap your accuracy without Precision (maybe an end-game Quiver with flat accuracy?), Aspect of the Spider could be a possibility as a crafted suffix.

With a Dying Sun and some other optimization for the end-game, I think you gonna deal a good amount of damage with hits and poison, esp. by the initial arrows.

Overally, quite a nice setup. Good luck on your end game.
--
"
Spoiler

Hi, I'm mostly new to the game (260h), occasionaly play League I feel like it and find a decent build.Found that one, really loved in phase of using TR + CA, but since switching to SA + BR and medium overhaul to passive tree (right now I'm following the PoB with paths for IR or Acro and went with IR) my defenses and damage fell off.As I'm really new I don't know how to move forward from what I have to the point where I can have fun with build again.If someone could help out a fellow guy on what to focus on -items, stats etc.'Cause I really love the game and stuff, but kinda lose my willingess to play further

You are putting your SA on a 4-link which significantly reduces your DPS.

Buying a corrupted 6-link chest like you did, but with a different color sockets, GGGBBB preferably. Put your SA on that 6-link. If you still struggle with your DPS, start to craft the poison Elder (thicket) bow (ilvl83+) with fossil.
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info