[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

Hello! I've been playing this build for a bit now and I've been absolutely loving it. However something that's been confusing me is that in the PoB, the build looks to be missing a lot of resists when not under the effects of the Oak flask. Is this intentional? I've been struggling to figure out how to really progress with my character because things like moving from Alira's bandit reward to the 2 passives, or switching from Two-Stone rings to Vermillions is really strecthing my resists thin.

Should I be gearing with the assumption that I have 100% uptime on Oak, and if so, how do we handle Elemental Weakness in maps?
Yep I'm sorry resists are not well balanced in the 20 and 120ex POB. I will need to fix that.

I recommend to have capped 75% resists without Wise Oak, it's just too dangerous otherwise.
Regarding ele weakness, you should absolutely run a curse immunity flask. I personnaly choose not to overcap most of the time - Its usually easy enough when you have 10-50c items, but not so much once you start to target specific influenced mods.

If you are really thin on resists, Survivalist is an excellent node for 2 points, assuming you dont have 2000 evasion on your gear yet. You can also spec Cloth and Chain, but its not as good - should be temporary. Alira is fine, so dont worry too much - getting 2 passives instead is really min/maxing.

I rely on good flask uptime and awareness in Ele weakness/Vulnerability maps (for example, dont engage with a boss if you cant safely kill him under flask effect. Those curses are just too dangerous). You should be fine 99% of the time if you stay aware and careful.
I would however reroll/avoid it when xp is super critical while not overcapped, for example during the 98>100 push.
Last edited by Heinarc on Oct 6, 2020, 8:08:03 AM
Where do you socket Infernal Cry?

I am following as best as I can, but not sure!

I have precision in my helm, not sure if I should replace it with infernal cry.

https://pastebin.com/AfXFHBu6
Last edited by Gilgamesh93OTG on Oct 5, 2020, 8:43:43 PM
So I feel like I'm doing pretty well overall with this build and am currently level 89 but I have a few questions. I feel like my survivability should be higher than it is or should I expect to die randomly here and there to burst damage even running tier 7-14 maps? (Not reflect ele). I even have a CWDT linked to Steel Skin.

Stemming off of that thought according to PoB my evade chance is %75/76 and no matter what I play with I can't seem to make it any higher but I've also never really used PoB and have been absent for a few leagues. Am I missing something or is the %95 chance to evade due to the use of a jade flask? (Which I do run) If this is the case and I'm well over-capped on evasion I would also appreciate knowing how to correct this so I can reallocate some skills and take this into consideration on some gear choices moving forward.

Using OPs skill tree and gear in PoB the dodge chance is significantly lower, in the %60s. Hoping somebody can clarify this a bit for me and maybe even take a look at my passive tree on PoB to give any pointers for my current gear and what my next upgrade should be moving forward.

My next step was going to be getting the passive points to allocate another jewel cluster but any tips or advice would greatly be appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/SES9uEht

Thank you (anyone) in advance.
"Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good, then work harder to get better."
This build looks amazing, like it would be so much fun to play.

However, are the currency requirements so high as to make it out of reach?

I currently have 3 EX, is that enough to have a decent start with this build?

Comparing the Level 40 and Level 70 levelling trees, it looks like lots of respecs are required. Is this intentional or a mistake?

Should I be using this for levelling or just looking at the PoB?

Last edited by Xierg on Oct 6, 2020, 7:08:42 AM
"
Xierg wrote:
This build looks amazing, like it would be so much fun to play.

However, are the currency requirements so high as to make it out of reach?

I currently have 3 EX, is that enough to have a decent start with this build?

Usually you could start with 3 ex i guess but in this league exalts are worth 60-70 c so it seems too little to start, think you should wait to have around 10.

----

have a question on my own, this build is currently really more expensive to get going, wanted to try to get the 20 ex version, but even having a 6 link Oro's costs around 15.
Rings are really expensive with resists/accuracy with the vermillion base. You can check my char i have most of the recommended items but if i'm looking to buy t1-2 life the price of the 20 ex version is approx 40-50 ex (roughly)

Is it only due to exalts being really cheap this season ?
could you add to the 3.12 section that prices are really higher rn for this build

I'm doing fine though having 95% evade and around 4.5m dps but i dont get how you reach 9m, implicit fortify would allow me to reach 7 m. and all the passives i'm lacking are +5% life ones.
boots i think you should not go for tailwind and use them to cap resists and maybe attributes, that was my mistake, think you would gain a lot of room to improve life rolls on other pieces if you just go for standard t1 life + 3 resists 30% min.

here are some info i've gathered : oro's 6L fortify : 15-20 ex /
helmet with -9% fire : 2 ex /
chest 6L with life on kill + crit : 6-10 ex (depending on the life roll) /
vermillion rings with attributes 2-3 ex - with accuracy 4-5 ex /
stygian vise with good resists and life 2-3 ex (if you want ele damage 10ex) /
gloves target 1 additional ennemy 1-2 ex (with good life and some resists 5 ex if youre lucky /
boots good life, good resists, dex base 1 ex (if you want tailwind be ready to spend 10 ex min or its not a power up cause you'll have to cap resists and attributes on other gears)
Large cluster jewel : 50c - medium cluster jewel 4-5 ex
jewels are around 1ex with fine rolls so thats cool
inspired learning is around 5 ex and is a nice mapping bonus so you should take that

I really enjoy playing it though 1st time flicker and your build really makes it fun !
wanted to add that i have latest version of community fork but pob wont open so im using poe buddy to open it if anyone has the same problem.

have fun exile

@Gilgamesh93OTG

Precision is really min/maxing, it brings around 4% more DPS a reduce a bit your mana pool. It's usually only useful if have solved all mana issues and run a 20ex+ Watcher's Eye giving extra crit multi with Precision.
You can safely ditch it until you are really min/maxing a high budget character.

@Aranoch
I see your evade chance at 95% in POB, without even the jade flask

Here are the expected values depending on the EVA on your gear (and a bit your level)

0 : 72% evade chance
500 : 81%
1000 : 88%
1500 : 92%
2000 : 95% (cap)

I suspect you are mostly suffering from spells/degen because your DPS is too low. You probably spend too much time on high HP rare mobs and get hit too much by projectiles/AoEs as a result. Try to analyze your deaths to see if I'm right.

Aim is to have enough dmg to one-shot pretty much everything and avoid these kind of situations all together.

Main issue you have is using the Onslaught gem which do not bring anything as you already generate the effect off the ascendancy. Replace it by elemental dmg with attacks for 50% more DPS. Also fix your flasks, Jade > Wise Oak and Granite > Quartz (getting from 40% to 50% dodge is a 20% dmg reduction overall). If you have trouble on bosses, fix your totems (add A. Protector)
For now, focusing on getting 20/20 or even 21/20 gems will probably give you the most benefits / chaos invested. Try to simulate it in POB.

@Xierg
I'll leave league users comment on that. I'd say the build works on 3ex (can do T16s, with somewhat long boss fights, can speedfarm T10-T11s to generate 100c/h), but really skyrockets with the corrupted Oro's which is a 1000c investment.
Last edited by Heinarc on Oct 6, 2020, 8:06:37 AM
Would an explode chest be beneficial for this build? Really great build btw, having a blast with it!
@ Macays
Thanks for the support!

Regarding prices, you're right, I'll add a disclaimer. The ex prices I used were those of Delirium/Harvest, ie roughly 1ex = 150c. With ex worth only 60c, prices have "doubled", but it looks that value in chaos is still pretty much the same, so shouldnt be that big of a deal in terms of required time to farm those upgrades.
League is also still quite young, so high-end items are probably not widely available yet pushing prices up.

Regarding high end DPS, there are 4 big milestones, and a lot of smaller things that add up. You'll enter min/maxing domain, trying to squeeze value of each affix :p
Those big milestones are :
- Corrupted Oro's, "7th link" = 40% more dmg
- Bottled Faith = 20-25% more dmg
- Awakened Multistrike = 20% more dmg
- Double stat Watcher's Eye , +40% crit multi = 8-10% more dmg
Tailwind is also big, but as you realized the boot slot is quite good to get resists as well. I was using those in Delirium :

(10ex ish boots slammed with a Redeemer's exalt, something like 40% chance to hit the endurance charge on kill)
The end charge on kill allowed me to replace Smashing Strikes by Frenetic for 10-11% more DPS.

Those upgrades will require a full bucket of ex, but I'm sure you are gonna like the result :D

@ Meimnor

Thanks !

Nope I'd not recommend explody chest, Oro's prevents any phys dmg by the explosions, and the Cremator cluster notable will get rid of the corpses at a lower cost. It's better to get +1.5% crit chance on the chest piece to fix the low base crit on your Oro's!

Last edited by Heinarc on Oct 6, 2020, 5:44:44 PM
I have a Corrupted Vaal Ancestral Warchief gem I got as a drop, is it worth using that or sticking to the regular Warchief?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info