[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

"
Any specific reason you use pob that wont work with online version? There is literally no difference for this build, but having to install something just to view a build[]

Yes, time spent. Reworking 3 PoBs without doing mistakes require quite some time : clusters jewels, config tabs... require manual editing you can't do by just swapping another equipment set.
The desktop POB is quite robust in my experience, any new version never broke my setup, it would just notify you you are not using latest tree/version.

I can't say the same of the online version (PoB party). For example, desktop app is currently 1.4.170.14, while online is still 1.4.169.3. That should not be an issue coz there are no changes for the build, but for some reason I can't export my desktop work online.

Long story short : Ive tried it, the process proved very tedious, more than the time I'm ready to spend on it. I may reconsider my choice in the future depending on the stability of these community tools.
Last edited by Heinarc on Oct 2, 2020, 8:01:27 AM
Hey Heinarc, after having played the build. finding it a lot of fun, clear speed makes mapping entertaining. wanted to ask regarding auras and cast when damage taken.

1) there's not enough mana (for me at least) to trigger both anger, flammability sand & stone and precision. even with Impresence. is that supposed to be the case?

2) when I use all the auras I can use I have about 25% of my mana left [~180 mana] is that enough mana to use both my active skills (flicker strike) as well as enough to trigger the cast when damage taken supports like grace & steelskin?

3) is it beneficial to keep CWDT at a certain level, as the threshold of the support riggering requires more and more damage to be taken at each level

ty, currently aiming for the 20 ex setup! and having good fun
Last edited by Mummern on Oct 3, 2020, 7:54:08 PM
SSF Player here. Question - how necessary is the amulet (Impressence)?

I recently found an Oro's and was excited to go back to a Flicker build, as it was the first build I ever played in POE.

Is there an alternative?
I very exided to make this build...thats for guide!)
"
SSF Player here. Question - how necessary is the amulet (Impressence)?

I recently found an Oro's and was excited to go back to a Flicker build, as it was the first build I ever played in POE.

Is there an alternative?

With my limited knowledge, the ability to get flammability as an aura for free is pretty big. it allows for an extra aura (anger) so AFAIK there's no replacement in that sense
Sorry to disturb your serious businss Fire Oro session, but I have no idea where to post this. There doesn't seem to be any Replica Oro / FreezeStrike builds going around, so on the offchance you are gentle to me I want to show you my thing.

5+ pages ago Replica oro was dismissed because Flicker doesnt' work with Endurance charges, yet with IceBit and Hypothermia, it Kind of works. Take a replica Oro, swap everything fire for everything cold, gain loads of freeze, chill, shatter (yay Herald of Ice) and even Shock (via StormRider) and, well, so far it works really well. Being a Ranger with 4k life you 'ahould' get oneshot occasionally, and avoid real bosses, but yeah - have my ShatterStrike Ranger. Base ranger Flicker comes from the FIRE OP, then it sort of merges with Fiver's Froststrike posts, inc a lot of the cluster/aura setup and just flat out invented the rest so am probably missing a lot of stuff, but for my shabby level / gear it absluely gets the job done.

The Elder corrupted ring is neat eh ?

Totem setup: (really not sure about this one - in theory BoneChil should help ?__)

Everything else is really potato:

ps. how to link cluster jewels?
Cold Conduction + Blast-Freeze + StormRider.

If you can point me at a simlar build thread please do, or advise on improvements over time - I would love to talk more about it. It's great so far for my meagre budget. My char profile *should* be public. (checks notes). How about now ?
Last edited by Iteken on Oct 4, 2020, 6:51:10 PM
Hello. I have a big question about solo target DPS with using cyclone. In current gear i have about 2.4M shaper dps with flicker strike, it`s fine. And then i going cyclone my dps like a botomless pit lul. Use this cyclone setup:
Hi! Been searching for some post regarding annointments on the amulet. I have just one big question, Why smashing strikes is used on the amulet? Checked the wiki and it is for staves only =/ I need some enlightenment and maybe an alternative? TYIA!
"
Mummern wrote:
Hey Heinarc, after having played the build. finding it a lot of fun, clear speed makes mapping entertaining. wanted to ask regarding auras and cast when damage taken.

1) there's not enough mana (for me at least) to trigger both anger, flammability sand & stone and precision. even with Impresence. is that supposed to be the case?

anger has 50% reservation: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Anger

Flesh and Stone 25%: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flesh_and_Stone

precision lvl 1 22 flat: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Precision

so unless you somehow managed to have less than 100 mana total, you should have enough mana to reserve. Do you perhaps use grace? if so: deactivate it, it's just there for the vaal part as an "Oh shit"-button.

"
Mummern wrote:

2) when I use all the auras I can use I have about 25% of my mana left [~180 mana] is that enough mana to use both my active skills (flicker strike) as well as enough to trigger the cast when damage taken supports like grace & steelskin?

csat when damage taken doesn't need mana. If you can flicker and leapslam, you are fine

"
Mummern wrote:

3) is it beneficial to keep CWDT at a certain level, as the threshold of the support riggering requires more and more damage to be taken at each level

ty, currently aiming for the 20 ex setup! and having good fun

as per the "build mechanics" section:

"
Life insurance: CWDT + Steelskin + Increased Duration will provide a good backup when shit hits the fan, basically granting you extra HP to survive a burst of damage. You can keep this setup at lvl 16-17 on a 4500HP pool (white, yellow maps) and raise it to lvl 20 when you reach 5500HP+.
@SilverCherudim

Impresence can be somewaht replaced by an amulet with a good chunk of health and crit multiplier. It will be a worse version though - at least 15% less dmg. You can try to run assassin's mark manually to get some single target DPS.

I would not recommend the fire version for SSF. Speedfarming T10 or doing your first T16s would not be too hard, but you'll find it hard to scale it to the stage where you can speedrun T16s with low attention to map mods :

- the most powerful dmg options are almost unobtainable in SSF : Fire Impresence, fortify corrupted 6Linked Oro's..
- the low base crit chance on Oro's is almost impossible to fix in SSF
- the fire version use some Int gems, which is yet another thing to look for on rares

IMO, doing a SSF phys variant is easier, see the dedicated section in the guide. It was particulary easy to get insane gear in Harvest and trivialize the game, but it should still be good enough without Harvest crafting.

I did a proof of concept late in Delirium league with this SSF character https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Heinarc/characters?characterName=Taelwen_SSF, and was able to do shaper/elder/Simulacrum 20 with this good but not crazy gear.

Big downside of the phys variant is you have no single target frenzy sustain, so you need to gem swap to cyclone for high HP bosses.
Last edited by Heinarc on Oct 5, 2020, 5:37:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info