[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

Hello, is it just me or this build is not really good vs Metas? I can clear red map with occasional deaht and conqrs are killable as well but sometimes I simply run out of the portals as Metas oneshot me.
Nope, it's not normal. I'm well on my way to lvl 97 in SSF with the phys variant of the build doing only T14+, and I only died once to a metamorph since my lvl 95.

=> Don't try to facetank a juiced up metamorph without your flasks up, and pop Vaal Grace if its up. If you are not immune to freeze or curses, the worse can happen very fast. If you can't kill the metamorph under the duration of your flasks, it means you are running a bit too high content for your current gear and should probably avoid the rippiest stuff.

=> Remember you are quite squishy when your buffs run out, typically during sample selection (not 30% more evade from onslaught, no frenzies, no end charges, no fortify....) so be extra careful for the first seconds.

=> Remember you are quite vulnerable to degen damage, such as chaos ground. This damage can't be dodged nor evaded. And if you sit a -60% chaos res, it will kill you in a couple seconds. So read what you are putting in your metamorph.

My personnal death with a metamorph was due to a bad combination of mods : frost spheres (degen) + multiple projectiles + quick + extra cast speed + extra cold damage. I died instantly, but it was very avoidable if I payed attention to the mods.
Last edited by Heinarc on Jul 10, 2020, 10:18:39 AM
One thing i would like to ask you @Heinarc, if you can make a post with the gems we need quality on and the gems they are ok without quality and we need just lvl 20-21 it would be much appreciated , and what would be the firsts gems to buy them 20+ quality and lvl 21 as it is a big investment for new players

And thank you very much for the reply , really appreciate it , i bought a belly 5 link with almost perfect rolls , hope its enough for now , i will be looking to invest in oro's corrupted soon.
Love your build keep up the great work!!!
Last edited by Whit3walker on Jul 10, 2020, 10:32:07 AM
@Whit3walker

Go on the PoE wiki and look at what you gain from quality on each gem. It is pretty easy to tell for any build which gems are worth getting max quality on.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quality

You can search this page for any gem and see what it gains from each % of quality.

Off the top of my head you'll want to quality Flicker and all of it's support gems minus Fortify. Fortify would be last since you're not going to be using it long term.

It'll be better for you to look and learn yourself so you can figure it out in the future for other builds as well. Sometimes these things come down to personal preference.

In example, you may like using 5L Belly for this build, but personally I choose to use a Tabby and max out my damage as much as possible.

Survivability on this build comes down to killing what you are fighting before it kills you. Long fights just don't work out because of the way Flicker Strike locks you onto a target so I didn't see much of a point in maxing health until I had all of the major prerequisites for max DPS.

Again though, I feel this is personal preference. Play and work on the aspects of the build that you feel work better for you/suit your play style.

Check out the Wiki and see what you want to focus on first, there are very few wrong answers here as quality on most gems is going to give you a nice benefit even if it is minor. The only completely useless quality modifier is the one we get from Anger to increase it's radius, we are melee so that just doesn't matter to us.

Remember, you can always level more gems in your offset weapon slot(s) so you can corrupt your own gems over time. It's not required to have 21/23 gems for this build to work at it's peak. It's just for min-maxing.
"
Teejay137 wrote:
@Whit3walker

Go on the PoE wiki and look at what you gain from quality on each gem. It is pretty easy to tell for any build which gems are worth getting max quality on.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Quality

You can search this page for any gem and see what it gains from each % of quality.

Off the top of my head you'll want to quality Flicker and all of it's support gems minus Fortify. Fortify would be last since you're not going to be using it long term.

It'll be better for you to look and learn yourself so you can figure it out in the future for other builds as well. Sometimes these things come down to personal preference.

In example, you may like using 5L Belly for this build, but personally I choose to use a Tabby and max out my damage as much as possible.

Survivability on this build comes down to killing what you are fighting before it kills you. Long fights just don't work out because of the way Flicker Strike locks you onto a target so I didn't see much of a point in maxing health until I had all of the major prerequisites for max DPS.

Again though, I feel this is personal preference. Play and work on the aspects of the build that you feel work better for you/suit your play style.

Check out the Wiki and see what you want to focus on first, there are very few wrong answers here as quality on most gems is going to give you a nice benefit even if it is minor. The only completely useless quality modifier is the one we get from Anger to increase it's radius, we are melee so that just doesn't matter to us.

Remember, you can always level more gems in your offset weapon slot(s) so you can corrupt your own gems over time. It's not required to have 21/23 gems for this build to work at it's peak. It's just for min-maxing.

Thank you very much , I was telling him if he can add that in the build as quality of life for new players.
I appreciate your answer tho , it was helpful and i respect your advice
Really need some help here. I can clear maps pretty decently but Map bosses and especially Conquerors are giving me a lot of trouble. My HP is at 4000 HP which should be fine. I'm max running T13 Maps havent really gone above that..
Could it be because of my Accuracy? Its 92% which i heard is pretty low for multistrike/flicker.

Feedback would be appreciated.
1.) Try to get "Non-Channeling Skills have -# Mana Cost" on your rings so you can anoint Frenetic on your neck. Extra frenzy charges are a large source of DPS.

2.) 92% Accuracy is very low. If you can spare the mana level up precision a couple of levels to help.

3.) Spiked Gloves - 20% Melee Damage

4.) You are using the wrong setup for Flicker Strike. If you are using Rampart in the passive tree you are missing a lot of damage by not using Fortify. Drop Combustion for Fortify until you can afford to get a Corrupted Oro's w/ the Level 10 Fort on hit implicit. Fortify is roughly ~10-15% DPS and adds another strong defensive layer.

5.) I don't think Combustion Support's -% Fire Resistance stacks, you should be using Immolate Support with your totems.

6.) Your gear looks like you are way over capped on resistances. Are you using The Wise Oak while having fire resistance be your highest so you get the added %# Fire Penetration?

7.) Quality your gems.

8.) Get a better chest piece. <Insert shameless self promotion> I'll sell this to you for 1 ex - you'll have to 6 link it and color it with harvest though.

9.) Nearby Enemies have -9% to Fire Resistance modifier on helm. Easy to craft with Harvest Fire modifier chaos spam. If the item already has Fire Resistance on it, it's pretty easy to guarantee the augment if you block the rest of the prefixes and only have a suffix available.

10.) Stygian Vise + Abyssal Jewel

11.) Are you using Jewels/Clusters in the passive tree?

12.) Go to Page 16 of this thread. Read what Heinarc posted here.

That should be a good start :)

Bonus points:

Tailwind on boots and Awakened gems.

Last edited by Teejay137 on Jul 10, 2020, 10:36:42 PM
I wanna start off by saying that Im really enjoying this build, even thought it is slightly more heavy on the budget.

I dont quite have the currency yet, so Im going a bit far in my projections, but how would you go about getting a +Fortify corruption on an Oro? I have seen only one on the market the entire league (was for like 40ex+), and the chances of hitting it myself are less than 10%.

Is there an alternative, or is it not super crucial to get that corruption? It seems to be boosting DPS by quite a big bit.
I'm not using mine yet. It's been sitting in my stash all season.

It's a ~15-20% DPS upgrade so it is nice to have, but I'm not willing to spend the money on the vaal orbs "just to have it" right now. I'll eventually do it to complete the build.

You can get enough clearing potential and DPS without it. There are definitely places you can spend the money better especially with how expensive vaal orbs are right now.

@Hotteapot

It's really a huge upgrade (30% more DPS if you currently have Fortify as a regular link) and very worth it if you have the cash. It's the final ascension to godhood for the build.

It's currently quite expensive to get due to the Vaal Orb price (they were 0.3c at this stage in Delirium), so cheaper upgrades are probably best bought first. Tailwind boots, superb chests or killer jewels are for example much easier to obtain this league thanks to Harvest.

Don't try to corrupt your Oro's and hope for the best! Do as follow :

=> Get an unlinked Oro's with the good corruption for 10-50c : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/mWd34JH6

=> Get 350jewellers, 1500 fusings and 1850 vaal orbs ready (15ex ish atm)

=> Get a crafter service to benchcraft 6S and 6L onto your Oro's (or find the recipe yourself in delve Primeval Chamber, but that can take a while). I can vouch for this guy : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2515748

(Optional step) Sell the 6linked sword for 40ex and repeat the procedure, making 20ex profit along the way :D
Last edited by Heinarc on Jul 11, 2020, 4:36:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info