[3.13] 🔥Oro’s Flicker Strike Raider🔥 | Top tier mapper/currency farmer | 10M+ DPS | All Content

build dad, I have a question about boot enchants. What enchant should we aim for on our boots? Thanks <3

also what improvement should I work towards on my gear? any input would be appreciated but mostly just don't know about boot enchant

Spoiler

Kana-chan's Bench Crafting
IGN: Waited so long, use the copypaste below <3
Copypasta: @Frozen_Orb Hi, I would like to buy your Craft Service in Expedition

Please leave a vouch after I craft for you <3
Sorry guys, can't keep up with all questions.

For gear upgrades, please refer to the gearing up sections. I tried to highlight the most cost efficient upgrades to make the best use of your money at each stage. I'd recommend to stick to it at least to the 20ex mark if you are not sure what you are doing.

For Kaom's Heart, be sure you untick the totems in POB, and also remove the DPS from the totems themselves. You'll see you loose a huge chunk of single target DPS (like -40%). I would not recommend it for anything but pushing to lvl 100 on a well geared char.

For build variants (gem, ascendancy) feel free to experiment in POB, and share if it looks good!

For boots enchant, stun avoidance is good survability, 10% movespeed is good QoL, flat fire damage and attack speed are both good all-rounders, and ele penetration is probably the best for bossing. Whatever works for you :-)
Last edited by Heinarc on Jul 7, 2020, 3:13:45 PM
Decided to try this after getting bored with my Toxic Rain character. I've been having fun so far but I have 2 main questions:

1) Does bloodrage have any place in the build? Seems like it could be useful but I haven't tried it yet. I figured there's a good reason why it's not included though.

2) I have a double corrupt 6 link oro's with fortify+onslaught. Because of this I've specced out of the onslaught ascendancies and went into the phasing/ele pen ascendancies. Do you think that is the correct move? It's created mana problems so much that I spent the 2 points to go back into essence sap (which solved them).
"
Heinarc wrote:
Sorry guys, can't keep up with all questions.

For gear upgrades, please refer to the gearing up sections. I tried to highlight the most cost efficient upgrades to make the best use of your money at each stage. I'd recommend to stick to it at least to the 20ex mark if you are not sure what you are doing.

For Kaom's Heart, be sure you untick the totems in POB, and also remove the DPS from the totems themselves. You'll see you loose a huge chunk of single target DPS (like -40%). I would not recommend it for anything but pushing to lvl 100 on a well geared char.

For build variants (gem, ascendancy) feel free to experiment in POB, and share if it looks good!

For boots enchant, stun avoidance is good survability, 10% movespeed is good QoL, flat fire damage and attack speed are both good all-rounders, and ele penetration is probably the best for bossing. Whatever works for you :-)

What About Belly of the Beast asta budget solution and a lot of hp for begining ??
@Whit3walker
Belly is an OK budget solution if you can fix the resists/Int on the other slots, and have a 6L on your Oro's.

If you need the 6L, dont waste the money buying a 6Linked Belly, just buy a corrupted 6L - it will be enough for T16s.

@ExOsc2
-Blood Rage is typically used for frenzy generation, which we have covered through the ascendancy and Oro's modifiers. The meagre AS boost does not justify the extra button and gem slot.

-The Onslaught Ascendancy does not only provide damage, it also gives you a huge survability boost thanks to the 30% more evade chance (which allows us to reach 95% evade cap without even a Jade Flask).

I'd suggest you sell your double corrupted Oro's for a fortune to a wannabe Slayer, and stick to the Onslaught ascendancy.

And if you really want a perfect double-corrupted Oro's, go for Fortify + 30% increased AOE!
Last edited by Heinarc on Jul 9, 2020, 8:32:36 AM
Can someone please explain why you level up the "cast when damage taken" and "immortal call"? when these are leveled they never trigger because the damage threshold is too high for me.
"
Teejay137 wrote:

I am no expert at CWDT + Immortal Call setups, but I think we max ours out because we want to be able to absorb the most amount of damage before the invulnerability goes off, giving us the most reaction time possible to heal to full before taking another hit.

Since we are relying on high evasion to keep us alive, immortal call is only intended to save us from strikes that would otherwise outright kill us. Any lower on the gem level would be meaningless as it won't get a chance to go off a second time before we are dead.

The above is the reasoning I came to at the beginning of the season - no one had any objections yet so it's probably on the right track.

At 20 on CWDT it takes 3300 damage to set off Immortal Call. You should have way more health than that. I'm sitting at 4700 in mostly mid-high end gear and lost a lot of life because I pumped a bunch of 5% nodes into another cluster jewel setup.

If your Immortal Call isn't triggering it's for another reason. Take note that Immortal call gets buffs from Endurance charges, if you aren't using Enduring Cry to get charges w/ the Call to Arms passive, you'll need to anoint your neck with Smashing Strikes or find another source to get them.

If you're not using Endurance Charges Immortal call isn't very effective at keeping you alive. High damage physical attacks will just 1 shot you regardless before it can even trigger.

Leaving CWDT and Immortal Call at lower levels has the same results. It doesn't reduce as much physical damage and high damage physical attacks will 1 shot you rendering it useless.

In my experience you use CWDT at lower levels so it triggers more often - with this build it either triggers and saves your life long enough to recover or you die.

There's no time for a second proc no matter how low the amount of damage is to set it off with this build - if you get hit a second time that hard you're dead.

Great reply, thanks!
Hey Heinarc,
I can't wrap my head around this line:
"A corrupted 6Linked-chest featuring some life and resists (80+ life, 50resist is fine - 30c)"
I looked through all comments but couldn't find the reason why it has to be corrupted.

Then two lines below you write:
"Totems links are unimportant at this stage. Get a Jeweller’s touch to 5L your Oro's, it's more than enough."

Can you elaborate?
Do you mean to run Flicker on the 6L Chest and 5L totems on the Oro's?
Last edited by Ainoria on Jul 10, 2020, 3:43:35 AM
Sorry if not clear, will try to edit it.

What you want as soon as possible is a 6L for Flicker Strike. It can be either a 6L Oro's, or on your chest.

Corrupted chests are one of the cheapest ways to get a 6L. There are multiple perfectly decent 6linked chests on the market for 20c: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Harvest/lo9RMnpfV. They drop from Vaal Side areas and usually trade for cheap as they can't be modified.

Just be cautious about the colors as recoloring corrupted items is costly, and most likely not worth it on things worth 20c.

On the other hand, a 6Linked Oro's currently trades for 140c, which is a hefty sum if you are on your first character. Last league it was only 30c ish due to delirium raining 6linked uniques.

So my recommendation for this league is to start with a cheap 6L on chest, and your totem set-up on your Oro's. You can easily 5L it with either Harvest or a Jeweller's touch prophecy for a couple c. It will save you money for most important upgrades, and will do just fine until you are rich enough to afford a Fortify corrupted 6linked Oro's.
Last edited by Heinarc on Jul 10, 2020, 5:30:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info