[3.10] Volatile Dead Tankomancer | Facetank with eyes closed | Farm t16 while eating pizza*

First of all let me say that you sir are supremely helpful and responsive. Thank you for taking time to answer all my (our) questions.

Now a review of this build:

To put this review in perspective, I have another VD Spellsinger build that is level 98 (this one is 97). I know I am crazy but why do I have two almost similar builds? Because while the other build was excellent and had good DPS...it wasnt as tanky as I wanted it to be in Sirus A8 Fights. I was able to kill Sirus A8 with it but was down to the last portal and wasnt comfortable i could consistently do it. I am not a good dodger of ground effects and death blasts. ANy other fight it shined but in Sirus A8...it was hit or miss.

This build ... well, the description says it all....it ROCKS and is really for one-handed play. I havent popped Sirus A8 yet but when I do , i will definitely try to take him down with this. I have killed Chimera and Minotaur so far with this build and I literally didnt do ANYTHING except hold down the Right Mouse Button ( i didnt even move except in chimera fight when i forgot he was hiding in a cloud...but yeah i didnt rush looking for him to see how tanky it was). I didnt even flask. Kudos to the build maker! It delivers as advertised.

The other day i spent a crazy amount of exalt on a Jugg build that could supposedly face tank Sirus A8 easily. it had like a crazy amount of jewel passive sockets that had cry wolf. I failed hard and i lost a ton of money. t

the 97 Necro that I respecd into this build was a former Cyclone VD Witch Necro build (Gryph build). Uber clear speed. Super fun but couldnt do A8 Sirus at all and I had spent also maybe 200 ex on that build. I was very hesitant to totally strip it and respec into this (considering I had a similar build already in another character) but the idea of just right click killing the big bosses (and maybe a little dodging) was just too tempting.

So yesterday, I respecd and bought the bare minimum gear to try it. The guide is SOLID. The build is EVEN MORE SOLID. And the Author is a pleasure to work with. I am very happy to have tried this build. If you are patient level 100 is doable as it just doesnt want to die.

To the Author : i just need better clear speed DPS as trash mobs are taking too long to clear. Here is my latest gear update (I will definitely upgrade the RINGS, Belt and GLoves and some Jewels with +damage in the passive tree). But id think at level 97...trash mob clearing (even without those upgrades) should not be this hard.

pastebin here:

https://pastebin.com/g7MYZjYp

Awakened Lv8 Sirus down, face tanked 99% of the fight.
I still do not recommend standing in the meteor maze in the last phase. I used vaal molten shell and it went from ~13k to ~3k. Means the meteor deals ~10k damage.
The clear speed/damage is not bad or good, it's a comfortable build to play with. Never died after reaching maps. But it is really painful to do big legion and blight encounters due to low damage.

One question: What's the optimal APS if I have 14% cooldown reduction? I can reach ~4.1 with barrage and ~4.3 with barrage support + frenzy. Which doesn't seem enough APS to trigger ~6.6 per second

Love the build and your dedication, keep it up

Also, the first build I have to play with the sound turned off. Else FPS go bye bye.
Last edited by Ammoconda on Apr 22, 2020, 10:40:52 PM
"
Ammoconda wrote:
Awakened Lv8 Sirus down, face tanked 99% of the fight.
I still do not recommend standing in the meteor maze in the last phase. I used vaal molten shell and it went from ~13k to ~3k. Means the meteor deals ~10k damage.
The clear speed/damage is not bad or good, it's a comfortable build to play with. Never died after reaching maps. But it is really painful to do big legion and blight encounters due to low damage.

One question: What's the optimal APS if I have 14% cooldown reduction? I can reach ~4.1 with barrage and ~4.3 with barrage support + frenzy. Which doesn't seem enough APS to trigger ~6.6 per second

Love the build and your dedication, keep it up

Also, the first build I have to play with the sound turned off. Else FPS go bye bye.

10k damage isn't much, tbh. 8k molten shell+8k HP is anough to take it :)
With 14% CDR your APS should be around 5-5.2, at least I have that much(and have 26% increased attack speed before corpse pact stacks)
You won't have 6.6 since there are server lags that add some "virtual" cooldown.(and yeah, it's sad)
Thank you author for the build, still in leveling process but its already satisfied me, except for those tanky delirium dude that always hard to kill.

Just wonder will Faster attack good enough for faster ratatata?
Slow in, slow out cuz I'm just a player.
--------------------------------------------

Is this amulet better than Xoph's Blood?
"
TwiceBorned wrote:
"
oats86 wrote:
Awesome build.

This build can almost tank the beams from sirus making it a very easy fight.

Defeated sirus easily.

Waiting further for your recommendation to maxing out this build.

Btw, which belt will be better ?

The one I'm wearing with abyssal cry / or the one with elemental dmg inc ?

Second one is slightly better cause more life. Ele damage with attack won't do anything for you, though, so if you use abyssal - keep first one(I'm too lazy to warcry, but if you will use it it will help with clears)

thanks for the reply.
what attributes will help in damage ?
add increase %damage ?
or increase %spell damage ?

oh, and what does the curse on hit gem does?
i dont see any curse related skills.
Last edited by oats86 on Apr 23, 2020, 12:37:41 AM
uhmmm Shaper almost 1 shots me with his degen, his beam and his ball. Not sure if this build is meant to face tank him or am I doing something wrong? I used the Glorious Vanity Jewel to get the "Divine Flesh" Notable.

My bad if i didnt understand correctly if this can or cant face tank the Shaper? died 4x . had to switch to my Miner to kill him.

Killed the Phoenix by face tanking him . trying to pop Sirus now and will post an update.

Last edited by Daibom on Apr 23, 2020, 4:20:07 AM
"
Spell damage is bad stat for you, it doesn't boost corpse explosion damage, only VD balls damage. Aoe damage, fire damage, elemental damage and minion damage are good, they work for both VD balls and VD corpse explosions. Take them over spell damage on jewels etc when you can.

Will increase projectile damage benefit anything with this build? Should I take it over spell damage or it's worse?

Any lab enchantment is good on each helm, boots and gloves?
Also oil enchantment for amulet?

Thanks!
What is dead may never die!
Last edited by intothefiord on Apr 23, 2020, 5:16:44 AM
"
intothefiord wrote:

Will increase projectile damage benefit anything with this build? Should I take it over spell damage or it's worse?

if you want to improve VD + VD corpses explosions damage - VD is Spell, AoE and Fire (not projectiles) so it doesnt benefit from any projectiles damage. but explosions from VD is only AoE and Fire. explosions do a lil more damage, you need improve area damage, fire damage, minion damage, increased damage, damage penetrate fire resists and same for elemental damage and penetrate elemental resist if you wanna have some more damage. minus to fire ressits work nice too

if you dont need chaos resist awesome large cluster jewel will be with smoking remains, sadist, doryani's lesson (if you dont have fire leech from Glorious Vanity) or prismatic heart(if you have leech or you have enough leech from barrage) and 2 jewels

projectile damage will increase your barrage damage or any gems you use with Projectiles
"
Daibom wrote:

So yesterday, I respecd and bought the bare minimum gear to try it. The guide is SOLID. The build is EVEN MORE SOLID. And the Author is a pleasure to work with. I am very happy to have tried this build. If you are patient level 100 is doable as it just doesnt want to die.

To the Author : i just need better clear speed DPS as trash mobs are taking too long to clear. Here is my latest gear update (I will definitely upgrade the RINGS, Belt and GLoves and some Jewels with +damage in the passive tree). But id think at level 97...trash mob clearing (even without those upgrades) should not be this hard.

Thx for your kind word about my build)
About trash mobs - yes, that's common question, will be added to FAQ.
1)As I said, don't be afraid to jump into packs and take hit, in will almost double you damage(mobs covered in ash, triggered CWDT, all that..)
2)Kill mobs with corpse explosions and let VD balls finish up sirvivers. It will be faster that way.
3)Sadly damage need time to ramp up - and during clearing you don't have such opportunity, you are always on the move. That really hurt damage during clearing.
4)You can try "abyssal cry" to boost clears, but that's another button and I hate pressing buttons. If you are comfortable with it - more power to you)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info